Take a self-guided walking tour of haunted history in New York City.
Follow walking directions and see everything on an offline map with no internet connection required.
Discover the true stories behind the ghosts who haunt the places on this tour and learn about forgotten New York history including:
- The deaths of 146 young women in a tragic fire.
- A house haunted by 22 spirits and a recent infamous murder which happened there.
- The notoriously corrupt Mayor Jimmy Walker, and the prohibition era speakeasy he haunts.
- The duel between Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton, and where their spirits now haunt.
- The bar where the poet Dylan Thomas drank himself to death.
Dine in two of New York's top restaurants, which also happen to be haunted, and have a drink in two haunted bars.
See photos related to the ghostly places you're visiting.
Even if you're not in New York, take an armchair sightseeing tour using this as a virtual travel guide.
Pinch to zoom photos.
Ratings and Reviews
Great tour with interesting sites
I used the app to visit the Washington Square area. Found out about the history and the haunted parts of New York City. The app was well written and allowed me to take a tour by myself. When visiting New York being able to visit so many places with guidance was great. I would recommend this app for your next visit to NYC.
A Must for Big Apple Spooky History Buffs
I've always been a fan of spooky stories and historically based stories are even better! The walking directions and maps provided are super useful and the stories are often very surprising and chilling. Who knew there was this kind of creepy history around NYC?
Sundays by me are no more TV days! This app is great, I do not have to pay for the data and it is all on my phone, whether I am in the train or simply no internet! Great app! Very accurate and very good explanations! Definitely recommended to all adventurous customers!
- Tom's Apps, LLC
- 27.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Tom's Apps, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.