Hawkeye Access only works on devices with a TrueDepth camera (like the iPhone X or XS).
Hawkeye Access lets you control your iOS device using your eyes. Browse any website, hands-free, all through eye movements.
Using the TrueDepth camera, Hawkeye Access brings gaze control to iOS without the need for any additional hardware. Intuitive interaction methods make it simple to control your device using eye movements. For people with motor impairments, this makes browsing the web much easier.
Hawkeye Access works with any website. From Instagram to Google to Youtube, this opens up countless possibilities.
How it Works:
- The cursor shows where you’re looking on the screen.
- Just look at a button or link to highlight it.
- Select it by smiling, blinking, or holding your gaze.
- Scroll by looking at the edge of the device.
- Go back by looking at the left side of the device.
- Return to the home screen by looking at the bottom right corner of the device.
- Dictate searches and text fields.
- Adjust sensitivity.
- Pick selection mode.
- Configure timing.
For the best performance, use Hawkeye Access while sitting down and try to keep your head and device still.
If you have any issues calibrating eye tracking or browsing particular websites, email us at email@example.com. We’re always looking to improve!
* Clearer calibration instructions
* Better experience for users without a TrueDepth camera
* Improved smile detection
* Added home button hints on web pages
* Bug fixes & performance improvements
Thanks for using Hawkeye Access! Let us know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org. More updates coming soon…
Ratings and Reviews
I have seen Netflix working with something like this. I think it’s very intuitive and innovative. Definitely a technology that can help people with limited motor skills. The developers of this app just need to refund the functions of it a bit more, which I’m sure they are already doing as I am writing this. Very, very promising tech and I hope the develop and fine tune it’s function. It’ll definitely make waves once it’s perfected. Love the idea of this applications. Keep going people.
Work in progress
I loved the idea of using my phone with my eyes so I had to downlod the app! That’s why I gave three stars.
I didn’t use it for long but it was quite obvious that the app doesn’t work as good as it’s supposed to. Sure the cursor moved where I wanted it to move and it clicked the target with blinking my eyes but the moment I moved my phone a little from the position it was while calibrating it didn’t work properly anymore.
Fix the problem and it’s a five star app for sure!
Minor interaction bugs
This is a pretty great execution of a very cool idea - in good lighting and with the iPhone resting on a table this worked well. For someone with a disability this could be a game changer. That said, I got the app “stuck” in weird UI states (with an overlay where no button existed, or where the “pointer” was gone and wouldn’t come back after a microphone permission prompt), and those kind of killed the experience. A little polish and this will make a big difference in people’s lives.
- Hawkeye Labs, Inc.
- 10.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Hawkeye Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.