HazeOver • Distraction Dimmer
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Get rid of distractions and focus on your current task. HazeOver automatically highlights the front app window by dimming all background windows. ▸▸▸ Demo Video & TRIAL version: HazeOver.com
• Spend less time managing windows. Window clutter will no longer bother you.
• Got a big screen? Then going full screen is not an option for you. HazeOver to the rescue!
• Multiple displays? HazeOver will let you know which screen is focused or highlight a window on each monitor.
• Working at night? Reduce brightness of OS X interface without sacrificing legibility or color accuracy of the front window.
• Dark menu bar and Dock mode will look soooo pleasing.
Heavy multi-tasking kills your concentration. All that tweets, emails, chat messages and lolcats staring back at you from the background. They strive for your attention. And you only have that much of it.
Don’t let yourself drown in scores of open windows. Hiding, switching, looking for the right one, more hiding, more switching. Calm down, breathe in, breathe out, launch HazeOver and finally concentrate on what’s you’ve been up to.
HazeOver automatically highlights an active window or app when you switch windows. The less important things gently fade away in the background, helping increase your productivity.
Set the hazing intensity and speed to your liking. Be it a soft dimming, an undemanding hint to focus on your workflow. Or a powerful dark background for outright dedication to your current task.
• Desktop is automatically revealed when focused (requires Accessibility)
• Toggle the shade with a keyboard shortcut or adjust intensity with a gesture.
• Dragging stuff between apps? Tap “fn” key and HazeOver will gracefully fade out.
Still unconvinced? Ask LifeHacker, CNET, MacWorld, Engadget and Product Hunt.
What's New in Version 1.7.7
Fixed: occasional red tint when using AMD Radeon Pro 4xx series graphics card
Worth every penny!
MacOSX doesn’t have window borders and modern style has lots of white space on everything, so if you have many open windows overlapping each other, it is hard to tell where one begins and where it ends. It is hard to know where to click the mouse to get the desired effect. I use Excel, Word, Outlook, Browsers, Calc, Terminal, etc… and I am frequently reading from one window while working in another, or copying/pasting. I have multiple monitors and many windows open for many hours every day. I love this app. It does just what I wanted it to do. See the pictures, they explain it. This app lets me know which app has focus without having to think about that question. It also removes the “clutter” and lets me focus on the app in the foreground.
If, on the other hand, I just used a small laptop screen for the purpose of switching between web browser, email, itunes…. this app wouldn’t be needed for much.
It’s the small things that count
As many reviewers state, I was a bit hesitant to spend even a couple dollars on something that seems pretty mundane. I mean, what will graying out background screens really do to boost productivity & focus? Plus, most of my work is done in full screen windows anyways. As I’m working on a Keynote presentation, however, and try to toggle between that and the internet browser, I realize the gray out is in fact SUPER helpful! This app is so simple and straightforward, I don’t think there’s much else to say. The gray out keeps my eyes stay focused the window at hand while keeping others accessible for use. I have a feeling I’ll be working split screen more often now!
I was skeptical, but Hazeover is that good.
I didn’t think that applying “haze” over all my inactive windows would enhance my productivity. I was wrong. This simple-yet-effective app not only brings your work into focus, but eliminates the distraction around it. You can control th level of haze, which is great since I prefer an 85% filter over the default setting. I currently use this on a 2 monitor set up and it works great. Zero issues. I’ll repeat myself, it’s all very simple, and very effective. This (along with Be Focused Pro and Time Sink) has become a go-to productivity app for me. I had no idea how much time was lost to wandering eyes. The $5 easily paid for itself on day 1, probably hour 1.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 27, 2017
- Version: 1.7.7
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Maxim Ananov
- © 2007-2017 Maxim Ananov
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor