HazeOver • Distraction Dimmer
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Get rid of distractions and focus on your current task. HazeOver automatically highlights the front app window by dimming all background windows. ▸▸▸ Demo Video & TRIAL version: HazeOver.com
• Spend less time managing windows. Window clutter will no longer bother you.
• Got a big screen? Then going full screen is not an option for you. HazeOver to the rescue!
• Multiple displays? HazeOver will let you know which screen is focused or highlight a window on each monitor.
• Working at night? Reduce brightness of OS X interface without sacrificing legibility or color accuracy of the front window.
• Dark menu bar and Dock mode will look soooo pleasing.
Heavy multi-tasking kills your concentration. All that tweets, emails, chat messages and lolcats staring back at you from the background. They strive for your attention. And you only have that much of it.
Don’t let yourself drown in scores of open windows. Hiding, switching, looking for the right one, more hiding, more switching. Calm down, breathe in, breathe out, launch HazeOver and finally concentrate on what’s you’ve been up to.
HazeOver automatically highlights an active window or app when you switch windows. The less important things gently fade away in the background, helping increase your productivity.
Set the hazing intensity and speed to your liking. Be it a soft dimming, an undemanding hint to focus on your workflow. Or a powerful dark background for outright dedication to your current task.
• Desktop is automatically revealed when focused (requires Accessibility)
• Toggle the shade with a keyboard shortcut or adjust intensity with a gesture.
• Dragging stuff between apps? Tap “fn” key and HazeOver will gracefully fade out.
Still unconvinced? Ask LifeHacker, CNET, MacWorld, Engadget and Product Hunt.
What's New in Version 1.7.7
Fixed: occasional red tint when using AMD Radeon Pro 4xx series graphics card
Preserve your most valuable resource
If you’re a knowledge worker, you are a broker of professional attention. You allocate this valuable resource, applying it strategically to produce value. HazeOver prevents this asset from getting needlessly scattered all over your desktop. Every darting eye-motion, every time you lost which window was in focus, every window that accidentally caught your eye is a total waste! HazeOver does what it promises. And it works great on multiple monitors.
Makes it easy to focus on the most important window
If you are getting easily distracted while working, like me -getting distracted with lots of windows, having hard time to remember where you left before going to a break-, Hazeover will really help you with this problem. I got what I paid for and I am happy so far.
this is a must-have
Ever since Isolator stopped working (and yes, Isolator has been abandoned by the developer and totally broken for at least 2 years at this point), I’ve been searching for a replacement and finally, HazeOver is it. Transitions are buttery smooth, and the developer is very actively maintaining it. I’m quite pleased and recommend this highly.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 27, 2017
- Version: 1.7.7
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Maxim Ananov
- © 2007-2017 Maxim Ananov
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor