Too many windows to manage? Big display? Or getting lost in multiple monitors? HazeOver is for you! ▶ TRIAL version: HazeOver.com
Get rid of distractions and focus on your current task. HazeOver automatically highlights the front app window by dimming all background windows.
• Spend less time managing windows. Window clutter will no longer bother you.
• Got a big screen? Then going full screen is not an option for you. HazeOver to the rescue!
• Multiple displays? HazeOver will let you know which screen is focused or highlight a window on each monitor.
• Working at night? Reduce brightness of macOS interface without sacrificing legibility or color accuracy of the front window.
• Power up the Dark Mode in macOS Mojave and reduce background contrast.
Heavy multi-tasking kills your concentration. All that tweets, emails, chat messages and lolcats staring back at you from the background. They strive for your attention. And you only have that much of it.
Don’t let yourself drown in scores of open windows. Hiding, switching, looking for the right one, more hiding, more switching. Calm down, breathe in, breathe out, launch HazeOver and finally concentrate on what’s you’ve been up to.
HazeOver automatically highlights an active window or app when you switch windows. The less important things gently fade away in the background, helping increase your productivity.
Set the hazing intensity and speed to your liking. Be it a soft dimming, an undemanding hint to focus on your workflow. Or a powerful dark background for outright dedication to your current task.
• Desktop is automatically revealed when focused (requires Accessibility)
• Toggle the shade with a keyboard shortcut or adjust intensity with a gesture.
• Dragging stuff between apps? Tap “fn” key and HazeOver will gracefully fade out.
Does HazeOver really help? Check on LifeHacker, CNET, MacWorld, Engadget and Product Hunt.
• Support for macOS Mojave and Dark Mode appearance.
• Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for multi-taskers
It's the rare occasion that I pay for an app. After trying out a few free apps that claimed to help with attention, I ended up downloading HazeOver. Worth every penny. I utilize two monitors and often arrange my open applications so I can see multiple items at once. The ability to dim inacitve applications helps me to concentrate on the task at hand, while still giving me visibility into my 'backburner' projects. Great job building this one out. I highly recommend.
Works as advertised
You may need to work out the settings if you have multiple screens though. Just go into Preferences and the Displays tab. Then click the radio button next to "Highlight windows on displays without keyboard focus.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! This option can also be changed with the “Secondary Displays” menu.
Just Great. Works perfectly
Exactly what you would expect. Works flawlessly and I use it everyday. Great for reading articles when you have 3 montiors to just phase out all the other applications/code/distractions you might have on other monitors.
Developer Response ,
Awesome, thank you!
- Maxim Ananov
- 5.6 MB
- OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2018 Maxim Ananov
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.