PLEASE NOTE: This app is only for student use by SCHOOLS and DISTRICTS with access to HearBuilder
Our award-winning, research-based and evidence-based software program is now an iPad app!
HearBuilder Following Directions gives students a systematic way to improve their auditory and following directions skills! At the same time, students will learn how to become Master Toy Makers while building their own Toy Central factories.
• Follow increasingly difficult directions
• Demonstrate knowledge of 40 basic concepts in five areas: Basic Directions, Sequential Directions, Quantitative & Spatial Directions, Temporal Directions, and Conditional Directions
• Teaches children important listening and sound awareness for reading
• Uses a fun game format to teach children better auditory processing and listening skills
• Meets the needs of children with different skill levels
• Monitors progress and provides frequent feedback
With HearBuilder Online you can:
• Access all four HearBuilder programs – Following Directions, Phonological Awareness, Auditory Memory and Sequencing
• Monitor progress and track student data
• Individualize each student’s program settings
• Set levels of difficulty for each activity
• Add background noise at any level and adjust the volume for each student
• Customize and print reports
Minor fixes + improved "take a tour".
Ratings and Reviews
I've been using Hearbuilder following directions with students for many years, and I love that it is an iPad app now.
Developer Response ,
Make sure to twist the iPad to make the tube move (like a steering wheel). It can't be moved by touch.
App is terrible
First off we LOVE the hear builder program! The app however is terrible! It marks correct answers wrong and boots you out of an exercise randomly. Also, it doesn't remember your login info. Use on a computer until they address these frustrating issues.
This is an excellent tool for my child who has autism, the only problem is when you get to play the game after completing the task you can not manually move the tube to catch the toys as they bounce off the trampoline...it kind of "floats" away on it's own. Please fix this issue.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.