With HBO GO you can watch big premieres as they air—plus every episode of HBO’s addictive series such as Game of Thrones, Insecure, Ballers, and so much more.
In addition to getting new movies every week, you also get news, comedy specials, smart talk shows, thought-provoking documentaries, and the special events everyone’s talking about.
You can watch HBO GO on your favorite screen—phone, tablet, computer, connected TV or gaming device.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories. Some restrictions apply. ©2018 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO GO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
For help, please visit help.hbogo.com.
Terms of Service: http://play.hbogo.com/terms
Get the latest update for bug fixes and performance improvements – it’s the best way to stream new episodes of Insecure and Ballers, full seasons of Sharp Objects, Westworld and more.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is great idk what everyone is ranting about!
Guys you didn't buy this app because it's a free bonus feature added on with your tv subscription. For me it's easy to log onto HBO and the tv verification process is faster then typing in all the info on a tv clicker which can be tedious sometimes. It's a waste of HBO's viable time and money to add on a search bar under the service providers panel. This app might not be so easy for older generations, but for me it works almost flawlessly. I can watch The Sopranos with no problems and I'm a happy camper overall. Think of the bigger picture guys, if this was HBO Now I would somewhat agree with the general audience, but, due to the generosity of HBO giving us this app as a bonus, be thankful. I wasn't payed to write this if you think I was un bias. These reviews probably do nothing anyways because people always will continue to download the app and my review was probably a waste of my time personally.
Good Sh... Stuff! Kinda...
It does what I needed to do, looks nice, and functions as well as the PS3-version of the app. More than satisfied when watching on the device that launched the app.
The functionality with Chromecast, however, is quite poor.
1. Why is the little carrot-arrow the ONLY part of the minimized controls that will maximize to the full control screen?
2. Why do items that are hidden or obstructed visually by the minimized control bar, seem to always have touch preference? I tap any of the mini controls, especially that nearly untappable carrot-arrow, and the app starts playing whatever happened to be underneath. And, when that happens, what I was trying to watch is not available under "continue watching", so I must find it again; restarting from the beginning.
3. Why do the 10-second skip controls persist while casting? Have you ever used other casting apps? The rest convert their 10-second skip controls to 30-second skip when casting. Every control executes after a buffering delay, except pause and (resume) play. So, it takes about 5 seconds to execute a 10-second skip OR a 30-second skip. To put it in perspective, a 30-second skip would be equally frustrating if it takes 15 seconds to execute. And, if a 10-second skip takes 15 seconds to execute, your app should either have a drug habit, or be traveling near the speed of causality (a.k.a. the speed of light).
I’ve Had Better... MUCH Better
Crappy app. For starters the login process is lengthy and redundant. Why do I need to go on a web browser to log into an APP???
Secondly you can’t add entire series to your Watchlist. However you can add individual episodes. But who is going to start off a series and take the time to add 80 episodes to your Watchlist?! Then continue to do that every time you start a new series. Do you even want us to watch your content??? Meaning you have to do a search for the show every time you open the app. What’s the point in even having a Watchlist? Very annoying. It should also be noted once you finish the individual episode you tediously added to your Watchlist, it doesn’t disappear on it’s own. You have to manually delete it, but WAIT, you can’t delete them individually... you can only clear them all at once.
Don’t get me wrong... the quality of the movies and shows are great. App has never crashed on me.
But that being said... HBO... do better. & hire a better developer.
- Home Box Office Inc.
- 49.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2017 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.