Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO customers who subscribe through their participating television provider. It’s HBO, anywhere, and lets you enjoy unlimited access to the best of HBO: original series, hit movies, sports, documentaries, comedy specials and more. HBO GO® is available on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Apple TV and a variety of other devices.
How do I watch?
1. Download the HBO GO® app.
2. Log in with the credentials set up through your participating television provider or on HBOGO.com.
3. Stream unlimited programming, movies and more on your iOS devices, including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
What programming is included?
• More than 2,000 titles, including all seasons of critically acclaimed current series: True Detective, Ballers, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Veep, Girls, Togetherness and The Leftovers
• Highly-anticipated new, upcoming original programs, including: 7 Days in Hell, a sports “documentary” starring Andy Samberg and Kit Harington; Westworld, the drama starring Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris; and Show Me a Hero, a six-part miniseries from The Wire creator David Simon
• Weekly installments of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Real Time with Bill Maher and VICE
• HBO Sports documentaries, series and World Championship Boxing events
• Groundbreaking documentary programming such as Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst and Oscar-winner Citizenfour
• The best original series and miniseries from yesterday: The Sopranos, Sex and the City, The Wire, Entourage, Band of Brothers, True Blood, The Pacific, Deadwood and more
What’s the difference between HBO GO and HBO NOW?
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated online streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO subscribers through their participating television provider. HBO NOW is a new, standalone online streaming service that is available to all customers with a high-speed internet connection.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories where a high-speed broadband connection is available. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply.
© 2015 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO®, HBO GO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. All devices, titles and related trademarks are property of their respective owners.
For assistance, please visit help.hbogo.com.
What's New in Version 6.0
• Redesigned Series page for Any Given Wednesday with Bill Simmons, with behind-the-scenes clips and bonus content
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
What have you done?
What have you done to this app? First of all, the main page and search pages are in Portrait view while the show itself is in Landscape view! Why? It is a pain to have to keep twirling my iPad around to work with your app.
And second, WHY WHY WHY did you take the 10 second skip button away? I was so happy when that feature was added and then you took it away! I use the back and skip buttons a lot when I want to re-watch something quickly. Bring it back!
I don't know why you made the changes you did but they've made this app worse.
Bring back my favorite streaming app, please!
I have been a huge fan of the HBO GO app for several years. The app is still pretty good, but I do not like the fact that everything requires portrait view until the video starts to play. It's not a huge inconvenience, but it is less user friendly. I have been using my AT&T U-verse app to watch programming since the change, but that app has it's issues as well. Will keep an eye out for a new update.
I HATE PORTRAIT MODE!!! DO NOT UPDATE!
At night when I watch movies on my iPad, I keep it in landscape mode in order to watch it on the widescreen. But this new version will only stay in portrait mode except when a movie is playing. So I'm constantly required to flipping my IPad back and forth every time I use the app. That is such a hassle its not even worth it. I wish I never made this update! I won't even be bothered to use this app anymore. Please change it back so that I can enjoy watching HBO again!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 20, 2016
- Version: 6.0
- Size: 17.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes