Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO customers who subscribe through their participating television provider. It’s HBO, anywhere, and lets you enjoy unlimited access to the best of HBO: the original series, hit movies, sports, documentaries, comedy specials and more. HBO GO® is available on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Apple TV and a variety of other devices.
How do I watch?
1. Download the HBO GO® app.
2. Log in with the credentials set up through your participating television provider or on hbogo.com.
3. Stream unlimited programming, movies and more on your iOS devices, including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
What programming is included?
• More than 2,000 titles, including all seasons of critically acclaimed current series: True Detective, Ballers, The Brink, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Veep, Girls, Togetherness and The Leftovers
• Highly-anticipated new, upcoming original programs, including: 7 Days in Hell, a sports “documentary” starring Andy Samberg and Kit Harington; Westworld, the drama starring Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris; Show Me a Hero, a six-part miniseries from The Wire creator David Simon
• The latest hit movies, including: Gone Girl and John Wick in June; Horrible Bosses 2 and The Maze Runner in July; and Birdman and The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in August
• Weekly installments of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Real Time with Bill Maher and VICE
• HBO Sports documentaries, series and World Championship Boxing events
• Groundbreaking documentary programming such as Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst and Oscar-winner Citizenfour
• The best original series and miniseries from yesterday: The Sopranos, Sex and the City, The Wire, Entourage, Band of Brothers, True Blood, The Pacific, Deadwood and more
What’s the difference between HBO GO and HBO NOW?
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated online streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO subscribers through their participating television provider. HBO NOW is a new, standalone online streaming service that is available to all customers with a high-speed internet connection.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories where a high-speed broadband connection is available. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply. ©2015 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO®, HBO GO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. All devices, titles and related trademarks are property of their respective owners.
For assistance, please visit help.hbogo.com.
What's New in Version 3.2.3
• Starting on Jan. 16, watch Sesame Street, Pinky Dinky Doo and The Electric Company in the new Kids section
• Option to enable a Kids Lock on your mobile device to keep your child restricted to content within the Kids section
• Updated reminders of the availability of Parental Controls
• Bug fixes
Worst app ever in existence
If I could give this app zero stars I would. I have contemplated writing a review for a long time now and I finally just gave up and here I am.
For such a huge company who charges an arm and a leg for their services you really have no idea how to make an app that works. If I could ever have a day that this app works properly I'd faint. I just want to watch some shows and it's such a hassle I almost don't even want HBO anymore.
I scanned the other reviews before writing mine and I see that I am not alone with my feelings. So hey mayyyyybe you should fix the app?? Probably a good idea if you want to continue to have people watch your channel/use this app.
So please fix this issue. Maybe ask Netflix for advice since they know what they're doing and they haven't been around nearly as long.
Why is it so quiet?!
Everything else on my TV and all the other apps on my Apple TV sound loud and clear on level 15 volume, but every time I open HBO, I have to crank it up to 45 just to sound the same as everything else does on 15. Then when I've forgotten and switch back to other things, it scares my cat... Scares...my...cat! Absurd.
Also, you should allow certain shows to be added to a favorites list, and that favorites list should show up on screen upon opening. I only watch two shows, and I want them both visible when I open it.
It can be very annoying
While the app lets me catch up on the Wire, I hate that it can freeze, gives all kinds of error messages when I haven't done anything wrong, doesn't always sync among my iPads, and many times when the app freezes or something goes wrong, I have to start from season 1 episode 1 all over again, which is extremely annoying - I am at the end of season 3 - I don't want to have to speed move the play button 30 times to get back to where I was !!!!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 16, 2016
- Version: 3.2.3
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes