Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO customers who subscribe through their participating television provider. It’s HBO, anywhere, and lets you enjoy unlimited access to the best of HBO: original series, hit movies, sports, documentaries, comedy specials and more. HBO GO® is available on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Apple TV and a variety of other devices.
How do I watch?
1. Download the HBO GO® app.
2. Log in with the credentials set up through your participating television provider or on HBOGO.com.
3. Stream unlimited programming, movies and more on your iOS devices, including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
What programming is included?
• More than 2,000 titles, including all seasons of critically acclaimed current series: True Detective, Ballers, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Veep, Girls, Togetherness and The Leftovers
• Highly-anticipated new, upcoming original programs, including: 7 Days in Hell, a sports “documentary” starring Andy Samberg and Kit Harington; Westworld, the drama starring Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris; and Show Me a Hero, a six-part miniseries from The Wire creator David Simon
• Weekly installments of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Real Time with Bill Maher and VICE
• HBO Sports documentaries, series and World Championship Boxing events
• Groundbreaking documentary programming such as Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst and Oscar-winner Citizenfour
• The best original series and miniseries from yesterday: The Sopranos, Sex and the City, The Wire, Entourage, Band of Brothers, True Blood, The Pacific, Deadwood and more
What’s the difference between HBO GO and HBO NOW?
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated online streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO subscribers through their participating television provider. HBO NOW is a new, standalone online streaming service that is available to all customers with a high-speed internet connection.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories where a high-speed broadband connection is available. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply.
© 2015 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO®, HBO GO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. All devices, titles and related trademarks are property of their respective owners.
For assistance, please visit help.hbogo.com.
What's New in Version 7.3
- Vice News Tonight airs 5 days/week and includes a NEW enhanced viewing experience featuring touch-screen capability on phone, tablet, and desktop to allow you to learn more about the stories you see.
- Ability to skip ahead +10 seconds
- Bug fixes
Good attempt but needs more refinement
The most frustrating issue is the app does not give you an option to take you back to where you left off. So if you're watching a series, you have to start from scratch to find and start the place/episode your left off.
Also, the watchlist mechanism is very complex for something as simple as picking some shows to keep on a list. And once watched should fall off the list. See how others apps do it and copy them.
One last feature missing is a download for off line capability. If I'm traveling and want to watch on the plane, I can't. The plane wifi does not permit streaming video. Several other apps do allow download and deletion capabilities.
But, on a positive side, the video quality is very good.
It WAS a good app...
This should have been a case of "If it ain't broke...", but for some bizarre reason HBO can't just leave working things alone.
It used to be a fantastic app, but every update actually seems to make things worse and even more unstable. Why not actually fix the problems you have BEFORE introducing new ones?
The current version reintroduced the 10 sec fast forward, but it often doesn't work. It just hangs. Same with the rewind button.
Anytime you have to fast forward or rewind you run a 50% chance of having to exit the video and try it again, and 50% of the time you do THAT the entire app glitches and needs to be restarted.
The ONLY reason I use HBOGo is for the subtitles. If I could get those from the Russian streaming sites, I'd never use this app again.
HBO's content is awesome but the app is frustrating. Trying to keep track of the shows that you've watched is difficult. The watchlist does not keep track of what you have previously watched. Even more frustrating is the fact that you can't add a season to the watch list just individual episodes which is ridiculous. The developers really need to put better effort into this.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 14, 2016
- Version: 7.3
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes