This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With HBO GO you can watch big premieres as they air—plus every episode of HBO's addictive series such as Game of Thrones, Westworld, Big Little Lies, and so much more.
In addition to getting new movies every week, you also get news, comedy specials, smart talk shows, thought-provoking documentaries, and the special events everyone's talking about.
You can watch HBO GO on your favorite screen—phone, tablet, computer, connected TV or gaming device.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories. Some restrictions apply. ©2017 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO GO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
For help, please visit help.hbogo.com.
Terms of Service: http://play.hbogo.com/terms
What's New in Version 10.1.0
- Chromecast Improvements and Bug Fixes
Good Sh... Stuff! Kinda...
It does what I needed to do, looks nice, and functions as well as the PS3-version of the app. More than satisfied when watching on the device that launched the app.
The functionality with Chromecast, however, is quite poor.
1. Why is the little carrot-arrow the ONLY part of the minimized controls that will maximize to the full control screen?
2. Why do items that are hidden or obstructed visually by the minimized control bar, seem to always have touch preference? I tap any of the mini controls, especially that nearly untappable carrot-arrow, and the app starts playing whatever happened to be underneath. And, when that happens, what I was trying to watch is not available under "continue watching", so I must find it again; restarting from the beginning.
3. Why do the 10-second skip controls persist while casting? Have you ever used other casting apps? The rest convert their 10-second skip controls to 30-second skip when casting. Every control executes after a buffering delay, except pause and (resume) play. So, it takes about 5 seconds to execute a 10-second skip OR a 30-second skip. To put it in perspective, a 30-second skip would be equally frustrating if it takes 15 seconds to execute. And, if a 10-second skip takes 15 seconds to execute, your app should either have a drug habit, or be traveling near the speed of causality (a.k.a. the speed of light).
Updated as of June 1: Casting completely broken
Update (June 1): After updating, chromecast functionality has been fixed and I am a happy camper, on to the Silicon Valley marathon.
Chromecast functionality is completely broken, every time I try and connect, about 50% of the time it works, and the other 50% of the time it crashes and isn't able to connect at all. And then, in the short list of times it does connect, as soon as you leave the app to go view something else on your phone, the button functionality completely breaks and I can't even stop the episode I'm watching, let alone change it to continue the series I'm watching. Come on guys, please fix this.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, FIX THIS APP
I consider myself a pretty patient, reasonable person, and this app literally gives me rage. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I have HBO on my directv account, and that my login information is correct, and it consistently makes me enter my information 20+ times before finally allowing me to log in. I've closed and opened the app, uninstalled and reinstalled it, cleared settings, and tried putting in the password at various times (e.g., through the menu, when promoted when selecting a show to view), and I cannot log in without endless attempts until the app finally decides oh *this* time we'll let you in. And once logged in, this is the glitchiest, buggiest app I have ever used. Once a show is started, there is no hope of pausing or rewinding (even though that functionality is meant to be there), and it often crashes for no apparent reason. PLEASE, HBO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, FIX YOUR APP.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 01, 2017
- Version: 10.1.0
- Size: 41.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2017 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes