Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing HBO GO®. The streaming service from HBO that lets you enjoy your favorite HBO shows, movies, comedy specials, sports, documentaries – plus behind-the-scenes extras and more. It’s every episode of every season of the best of HBO, free with your HBO subscription —now available on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch!
It’s HBO. Anywhere.
Free with your HBO subscription through participating television providers.
With the HBO GO App You Can:
• Keep up with your favorites. Watch everything you love about HBO, including HBO original programming, hit movies, sports, comedy and every episode of the best HBO shows, including True Blood®, Game of Thrones®, Boardwalk Empire®, Girls, Veep, The Newsroom, Curb Your Enthusiasm®,Entourage®, The Sopranos®, Sex and the City®, The Wire® and more. Plus, get bonus features and special behind-the-scenes extras!
• Take it with you: On the run or on the road, never miss a moment of your favorite HBO shows and hit movies with HBO GO on your laptop and select tablets and mobile devices.
• Make it your own: Make your HBO GO experience personal. Create a customized Watchlist and catch up on your favorite HBO shows and hit movies at your convenience. If you’re on the run, resume viewing titles from your Watchlist on your portable device including laptops and select tablets and mobile devices. Also, set a Series Pass® to automatically send new episodes of your favorite HBO shoes to your Watchlist.
• Stream the best of HBO from your favorite Apple device directly to your TV with HBO GO and AirPlay*.
• Watch new episodes of your favorite shows and hit movies simultaneously as they premiere on HBO.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the US and certain US territories. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply. © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
*AirPlay will work for Apple devices running iOS 6 and Apple TVs running software update 5.1.1 or later.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
• Resolved issues associated with video playback through BlueTooth audio
• Added support for video playback through HDMI output
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance improvements
NO VIDEO/PICTURE W/HDMI SINCE NEWEST UPDATE 👎🏼👎🏼😣
This is so disappointing. I used to use this app all the time, and it worked great until the latest update. I even purchased HBO through Verizon Fios, just for this app, so I could watch all the seasons of shows I've been wanting to see. Now with the new update it's not working, there's audio, but absolutely no video, just a black screen on my tv. (To watch HBO Go content, I will usually connect my iPhone6 to an HDMI adapter that connects to my TV (the HDMI works fine), I've even tried other devices, still not working. And based off other recent reviews, it's not just me! PLEASE PLEASE fix this HBO... Bc once Game of Thrones is over, I will cancel HBO if I cannot use this app, there will be no point in having it if I cannot watch all the episodes of the shows that I want to watch which are no longer On Demand. I will totally update and change the review if this is fixed. I hate when this happens, when they turn a great high rating app into a dysfunctional app by destroying it with 'nicer layout' updates. No point in a nicer layout if the content doesn't work!😕
New Update breaks the app for HDMI to TV users
New update on May 27, 2015 seemed to fix the issue until I decided to play a previous episode of Last Week Tonight. Picture was excellent but sound became corrupted garbling. Tried switching to other hdmi port as well as other apple devices - sound corruption and picture garbling - seems the "fix" isn't long lasting with the new updated version.
Loved using my iPhone as a nice go to device to stream the latest offerings from HBO to our TV. Recent episode of GoT was going to be a lovely night of family and friends at our house, but the new update spoiled that with the black screen, screeching audio and other bugs the recent update introduced when one connects the hdmi adapter to the iPhone as well as my girlfriends iPad. Initially thought it was an issue with the servers for the night of GoT, but it is repeatable since then. Simply plugging in Apples official adapter and running the app - issues abound! Seriously this needs to be fixed. May end up just biting the bullet and buying a roku to get the benefits of what this app supplied us.
Streaming not very good
I've used lots of streaming services and this one is probably the least reliable. It doesn't handle changes in connection speed or other issues well. Movies will go audio-only and never recover when a good signal returns. I would rather just buffer and recover like most apps do. Your only option is to exit your show and try to go back in, when you do this about half the time the app forgets where you are in the show and starts over from the beginning. Also when watching a series, there is not easy way to jump to the next episode like you can on Netflix. Still needs lots of work to be reliable.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 26, 2015
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 6.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.