Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With HBO GO you can watch big premieres as they air—plus every episode of HBO's addictive series such as Game of Thrones, Westworld, Big Little Lies, and so much more.
In addition to getting new movies every week, you also get news, comedy specials, smart talk shows, thought-provoking documentaries, and the special events everyone's talking about.
You can watch HBO GO on your favorite screen—phone, tablet, computer, connected TV or gaming device.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories. Some restrictions apply. ©2017 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO GO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
For help, please visit help.hbogo.com.
Terms of Service: http://play.hbogo.com/terms
What's New in Version 10.1.0
- Chromecast Improvements and Bug Fixes
Good Sh... Stuff! Kinda...
It does what I needed to do, looks nice, and functions as well as the PS3-version of the app. More than satisfied when watching on the device that launched the app.
The functionality with Chromecast, however, is quite poor.
1. Why is the little carrot-arrow the ONLY part of the minimized controls that will maximize to the full control screen?
2. Why do items that are hidden or obstructed visually by the minimized control bar, seem to always have touch preference? I tap any of the mini controls, especially that nearly untappable carrot-arrow, and the app starts playing whatever happened to be underneath. And, when that happens, what I was trying to watch is not available under "continue watching", so I must find it again; restarting from the beginning.
3. Why do the 10-second skip controls persist while casting? Have you ever used other casting apps? The rest convert their 10-second skip controls to 30-second skip when casting. Every control executes after a buffering delay, except pause and (resume) play. So, it takes about 5 seconds to execute a 10-second skip OR a 30-second skip. To put it in perspective, a 30-second skip would be equally frustrating if it takes 15 seconds to execute. And, if a 10-second skip takes 15 seconds to execute, your app should either have a drug habit, or be traveling near the speed of causality (a.k.a. the speed of light).
JABA = Just Another Bad App
This app is more dysfunctional than Hillary Clinton's campaign for president in 2016. There are no visual clues on which episodes you've watched out of many or where you've left off from. If you use it for too long the opening credits for the next sequential episode will be zoomed in on with great distortion. Other times the screen will go black not allowing you to close the app. There is no closed captioning available to enable for the hearing impaired. Long buffering when compared to watching 4k/UHD over Netflix over same home network and same network device (Samsung Smart TV)
It's a very buggy app. The search feature was implemented by a 10 year old child with no intelligent "search-as-you-type" autocomplete functionality. The HBO GO app was certainly developed by a group of morons. And furthermore, note to the devs, do not act surprised by my negative review of your app, after all people were complaining about it last year. Be surprised you still have a job after not resolving many of the aforementioned issues and concerns. I'm using App Ver: 3.2.3
Updated as of June 1: Casting completely broken
Update (June 1): After updating, chromecast functionality has been fixed and I am a happy camper, on to the Silicon Valley marathon.
Chromecast functionality is completely broken, every time I try and connect, about 50% of the time it works, and the other 50% of the time it crashes and isn't able to connect at all. And then, in the short list of times it does connect, as soon as you leave the app to go view something else on your phone, the button functionality completely breaks and I can't even stop the episode I'm watching, let alone change it to continue the series I'm watching. Come on guys, please fix this.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 01, 2017
- Version: 10.1.0
- Size: 41.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2017 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes