Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO customers who subscribe through their participating television provider. It’s HBO, anywhere, and lets you enjoy unlimited access to the best of HBO: the original series, hit movies, sports, documentaries, comedy specials and more. HBO GO® is available on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Apple TV and a variety of other devices.
How do I watch?
1. Download the HBO GO® app.
2. Log in with the credentials set up through your participating television provider or on hbogo.com.
3. Stream unlimited programming, movies and more on your iOS devices, including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
What programming is included?
• More than 2,000 titles, including all seasons of critically acclaimed current series: True Detective, Ballers, The Brink, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Veep, Girls, Togetherness and The Leftovers
• Highly-anticipated new, upcoming original programs, including: 7 Days in Hell, a sports “documentary” starring Andy Samberg and Kit Harington; Westworld, the drama starring Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris; Show Me a Hero, a six-part miniseries from The Wire creator David Simon
• The latest hit movies, including: Gone Girl and John Wick in June; Horrible Bosses 2 and The Maze Runner in July; and Birdman and The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in August
• Weekly installments of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Real Time with Bill Maher and VICE
• HBO Sports documentaries, series and World Championship Boxing events
• Groundbreaking documentary programming such as Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst and Oscar-winner Citizenfour
• The best original series and miniseries from yesterday: The Sopranos, Sex and the City, The Wire, Entourage, Band of Brothers, True Blood, The Pacific, Deadwood and more
What’s the difference between HBO GO and HBO NOW?
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated online streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO subscribers through their participating television provider. HBO NOW is a new, standalone online streaming service that is available to all customers with a high-speed internet connection.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories where a high-speed broadband connection is available. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply. ©2015 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO®, HBO GO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. All devices, titles and related trademarks are property of their respective owners.
For assistance, please visit help.hbogo.com.
What's New in Version 3.0.5
- Resolved application crash at start-up
A very well designed user experience.
This app is ahead of the game in overall user experience verses other streaming apps. It's super simple to find what you're looking for. The search quickly returns results before you even finish typing out the title.
The interface for browsing through available content is very well done as well. Titles are very well presented and take up just the right amount of space on my 6 Plus. In addition the Chromecast integration is well done, the interface for navigating within videos while streaming to Chromecast is probably the best I've seen of any media app this far.
There are some things that could use improvement, for instance if you want to add a series to your watch list you'd have to add each episode individually. And the initial login process could be smoother. Still, I don't feel this is severe enough to take away from the fact that this app is beautifully designed and equally as functional.
Kudos to the team that built it! The competition could stand to learn a thing or two.
Will you guys ever get it right?!?
My god, the frustration with this app!
Okay, so you make an app that allows you to create a watch list of your favorite shows and movies that are showing on HBO at any given time. That's nice, but there are two important features that they have never correctly addressed.
When you save a series to your watchlist, first off, you have to add each episode independently. That's bad enough. But it doesn't save them into your watch list in sequential order so you have to pay attention to which episode you need to watch next. Completely ridiculous. It's completely mixed up in random order. How the heck is that even possible without doing it deliberately?
Also, there WAS a feature (seems to be gone now, but it never worked anyway), where a current season of a show can automatically be added to your watchlist as it became available. But, like I said, it never worked anyway.
So, I have a queue filled with several different shows and no way to put them in order. At least the last version when it would mix up your watch list you could edit its position, you can't even do that anymore.
This app is a complete fail.
To the so called critics
This is a great app for what it does. Watch HBO shows on the go. By the pool, in your backyard, in your car, at the airport, pretty much anywhere you want and your complaining about trivial items and extra steps that you have to take to watch a show...Really....then buy your own network, develop your own app and make it work the way you want. Let us know how it works out for you. His app is great and works very well.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 13, 2015
- Version: 3.0.5
- Size: 6.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.