Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing HBO GO®. The streaming service from HBO that lets you enjoy your favorite HBO shows, movies, comedy specials, sports, documentaries – plus behind-the-scenes extras and more. It’s every episode of every season of the best of HBO, free with your HBO subscription —now available on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch!
It’s HBO. Anywhere.
Free with your HBO subscription through participating television providers.
With the HBO GO App You Can:
• Keep up with your favorites. Watch everything you love about HBO, including HBO original programming, hit movies, sports, comedy and every episode of the best HBO shows, including True Blood®, Game of Thrones®, Boardwalk Empire®, Girls, Veep, The Newsroom, Curb Your Enthusiasm®,Entourage®, The Sopranos®, Sex and the City®, The Wire® and more. Plus, get bonus features and special behind-the-scenes extras!
• Take it with you: On the run or on the road, never miss a moment of your favorite HBO shows and hit movies with HBO GO on your laptop and select tablets and mobile devices.
• Make it your own: Make your HBO GO experience personal. Create a customized Watchlist and catch up on your favorite HBO shows and hit movies at your convenience. If you’re on the run, resume viewing titles from your Watchlist on your portable device including laptops and select tablets and mobile devices. Also, set a Series Pass® to automatically send new episodes of your favorite HBO shoes to your Watchlist.
• Stream the best of HBO from your favorite Apple device directly to your TV with HBO GO and AirPlay*.
• Watch new episodes of your favorite shows and hit movies simultaneously as they premiere on HBO.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the US and certain US territories. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply. © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
*AirPlay will work for Apple devices running iOS 6 and Apple TVs running software update 5.1.1 or later.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
• Introduced a new enhanced design experience focused on ease of navigation and application usability
• Minor bug fixes
Please Note: HBO GO 3.0 requires iOS 7.0 and higher
Very Disappointing Update
This update is really a disappointment for me, especially for a service that I am paying for. Yes the interface could have used a little work, but I'd rather have the old version back just so that I could watch my favorite HBO shows on my TV via HDMI connection from my iPhone/iPad like I always do. Now all I get is a black screen and no sound, or a horrible noise. I loved being able to watch HBO using the HDMI out capability and now due to this latest update I can't. This "update" seems like a downgrade, and I can't believe this problem hasn't been fixed yet. As some have mentioned, this makes it seem like it was poor work just to meet a tight deadline. I wish I could return to the old version. Now I'm having to resort to other means to watch my HBO shows using HDMI when I want. HBO, FIX THIS!
Terrible update! Difficult to navigate
I loved HBO Go before. It was great! And the average rating was 4.5 - 5 stars. Now it's 2 stars. What does that tell you? Since the update, it's difficult to navigate. Once you finished watching an episode, you are no longer prompted to see the next one automatically. Now it sends you back to the home page and you have to begin the search all over again! Through all the shows, and all the season.... What a huge pain!! And the next episode isn't up. You have to go through all the ones you've seen. No more easy navigation panes to see the extras. I couldn't even find the extras until I accidentally clicked on the side. Dumb! Dumbest update ever. Please put it back! Please!
I don't think much needed to be done to the old version. Although the new version is nice I have an issue with the new media player being used. When I connect my Bluetooth wireless headphones to my iPhone and try to use the app, it automatically takes it as trying to connect to my Apple TV therefor forcing me to plug in the headphone cable to my headphones. I bought wireless headphones for the specific purpose of being able to watch streaming video on my long commute to and from work without having to battle with chords. Now, I have to use them. Please fix this bug.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 14, 2015
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 7.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.