By Home Box Office, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing HBO GO®. The streaming service from HBO that lets you enjoy your favorite HBO shows, movies, comedy specials, sports, documentaries – plus behind-the-scenes extras and more. It’s every episode of every season of the best of HBO, free with your HBO subscription —now available on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch!
It’s HBO. Anywhere.
Free with your HBO subscription through participating television providers.
With the HBO GO App You Can:
• Keep up with your favorites. Watch everything you love about HBO, including HBO original programming, hit movies, sports, comedy and every episode of the best HBO shows, including True Blood®, Game of Thrones®, Boardwalk Empire®, Girls, Veep, The Newsroom, Curb Your Enthusiasm®,Entourage®, The Sopranos®, Sex and the City®, The Wire® and more. Plus, get bonus features and special behind-the-scenes extras!
• Take it with you: On the run or on the road, never miss a moment of your favorite HBO shows and hit movies with HBO GO on your laptop and select tablets and mobile devices.
• Make it your own: Make your HBO GO experience personal. Create a customized Watchlist and catch up on your favorite HBO shows and hit movies at your convenience. If you’re on the run, resume viewing titles from your Watchlist on your portable device including laptops and select tablets and mobile devices. Also, set a Series Pass® to automatically send new episodes of your favorite HBO shoes to your Watchlist.
• Stream the best of HBO from your favorite Apple device directly to your TV with HBO GO and AirPlay*.
• Watch new episodes of your favorite shows and hit movies simultaneously as they premiere on HBO.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the US and certain US territories. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply. © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
*AirPlay will work for Apple devices running iOS 6 and Apple TVs running software update 5.1.1 or later.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
• Fixed promos and extras not playing on iOS 8
• Fixed login issues for university accounts
Garbage full issues.
Hear why they forget that tablets and device like PS3 have no flash Internet plugins of any kind no silverlight flash and so fourth. Their surprised there sometimes issues. As specially when watching movies. Second if there apps or service needs A plugin of some sort they have to build it into the app. Third they need to make sure there wouldn't be any issues no matter what device you are using when watching shows and films if their is they need to remove it instead claiming for two weeks they fix it and they don't. Or pull it Intel they did they should repost it onto site from viewing and enjoying. This I all learned from personal experience. Because I have HBOGO yet they still say we take care of it and they don't after two weeks I contacted them again they say they take care of it we will see if it still not fixed I'll take it up with cable provider and have them deal with them. That's what it's like using there service on a iPad Air 2 and my PS3
It Works Well Enough For Me
I signed in with no issues, made an account with no issues, my playback on both my iPad Mini 2 and my iPhone 6 (both running iOS 8.1.3) has no issues, and it works on both Wi-Fi and data with no issues. The interface isn't as smooth as it could be but it doesn't stop me from watching the movies I want and the shows I want whenever. I'm surprised to see how many people this doesn't work for, but it's not like my case is isolated. If there's something wrong with your account, it's probably the account, not the app.
It could really be better, guys
This app gets wildly bloated for no apparent reason. I just reinstalled it after it had reached 200mb. Would be nice if HBO providing general show descriptions so when I see an episode for, e.g., The Leftovers, I can find out what the show is about in general rather than information on the individual episode. Also, it seems like a missed opportunity to not provide a path to get people interested in show by promoting an overview of the narrative.
I would love to be able to scrub shows on the timeline better.
Also, it would be nice if shows had more info like description and the day of the week when it airs on tv or when it will be added to the app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 28, 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 33.2 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.