By Home Box Office, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing HBO GO®. The streaming service from HBO that lets you enjoy your favorite HBO shows, movies, comedy specials, sports, documentaries – plus behind-the-scenes extras and more. It’s every episode of every season of the best of HBO, free with your HBO subscription —now available on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch!
It’s HBO. Anywhere.
Free with your HBO subscription through participating television providers.
With the HBO GO App You Can:
• Keep up with your favorites. Watch everything you love about HBO, including HBO original programming, hit movies, sports, comedy and every episode of the best HBO shows, including True Blood®, Game of Thrones®, Boardwalk Empire®, Girls, Veep, The Newsroom, Curb Your Enthusiasm®,Entourage®, The Sopranos®, Sex and the City®, The Wire® and more. Plus, get bonus features and special behind-the-scenes extras!
• Take it with you: On the run or on the road, never miss a moment of your favorite HBO shows and hit movies with HBO GO on your laptop and select tablets and mobile devices.
• Make it your own: Make your HBO GO experience personal. Create a customized Watchlist and catch up on your favorite HBO shows and hit movies at your convenience. If you’re on the run, resume viewing titles from your Watchlist on your portable device including laptops and select tablets and mobile devices. Also, set a Series Pass® to automatically send new episodes of your favorite HBO shoes to your Watchlist.
• Stream the best of HBO from your favorite Apple device directly to your TV with HBO GO and AirPlay*.
• Watch new episodes of your favorite shows and hit movies simultaneously as they premiere on HBO.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the US and certain US territories. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply. © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
*AirPlay will work for Apple devices running iOS 6 and Apple TVs running software update 5.1.1 or later.
What's New in Version 2.5.0
Minor updates and bug fixes
Service is awful
Update* app has stopped working entirely. When I try to play a video it says there is no internet connection or I need to sign in, when I to it says that my cable provider does not support the app when it did just 2 days ago!
This app would be great if it would work half the time, it takes forever to load and when it finally does it freezes a moment later, leaving you wait for a program to start. Also kind of annoying that anytime you walk away for a moment and your phone locks instead of starting where you left off it starts the video all over again forcing you to search for where you left off and waiting for it to load and play. Very frustrating app.
Good app, with tracking issues
I haven't had any of the issues mentioned in other reviews, ie - freezing, getting logged out, etc. the only problem that I've had is that the app doesn't track well in program. Using the slider to reverse to an earlier part of the show restarts the show. Using the slider to fast forward to where you were restarts the show. Oddly, it restarts at the time index you have fast-forwarded to: if you go to 16 minutes into the program, for example, the index will read 16 minutes but you'll be right back at the opening credits of the show. Other than this one issue, the app has performed perfectly on XFinity wifi at home. I haven't tried it elsewhere.
This was an amazing app up to the most recent update. It has sign-in issues such as not having good connection, "Error Generating Login Page", and then it won't connect to my Time-Warner Cable provider once I've logged in, "Your provider isn't available at this time", and it won't play any videos once I HAVE connected. It says "Connection Error, please connect to an internet source." It was working perfectly and now nothing works. I've deleted and re-downloaded, and I've tried using my 4G-LTE and my wifi. Both connections are wonderful except when using this app. I even tried using it on my Xbox 360, and it has the same problems. HBO, please fix these issues.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 24, 2014
- Version: 2.5.0
- Size: 32.7 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.