HCA is a companion app for the Home Control Assistant Server desktop application.
It is a client that connects to your HCA Server home automation system over WiFi or Cell network. I have no affiliation with the makers of HCA Server - I'm just a user providing this app for free to people who already own HCA Server.
With this app, you can:
- Control your home lighting, thermostat and other automation devices remotely.
- Check on the status of motion and door/window sensors and your alarm system.
- Trigger the execution of HCA programs to expand your remote automation capability.
- Control the keypads throughout your home.
- Use GeoFences to cause an HCA program to execute when entering/leaving an area.
- View the HCA log and filters
- Synchronize your custom icons from the HCA server to the app.
- View your custom HTML pages generated by the HCA Server
- Much, Much more!
NOTE: For geofences, the users location is NEVER transmitted to the server or anywhere else outside of the app. It is used only by iOS to track the geofence. The app only sends the user-supplied name of the geofence to the server.
For a video showing how to setup and use the app, see here:
Please provide feedback on what features you would like to see implemented next!
*** Please give us a rating in the app store ***
- Support for HCA version 14
- Additional icons
- No longer shows if a device is suspended or not
- Shows device communication error by icon label in red text
Ratings and Reviews
The real deal!
I am so glad that someone actually took the time to create this app, and do so professionally and keeping it so close visually and functionally to the actual HCA program. Best of all, it all works just as it should!
This app is a must have for anyone that uses Home Control Assistant, I highly recommend it!
This app is a great add-on for the HCA Server application. It is extremely fast, and looks great on both the iPhone and iPad! The UI is much cleaner than any of the other Insteon-supported apps out there, and much more touch-friendly; thanks to larger icons.
It renders displays based on the design of the HCA desktop application's Control UI, so it can be customized how ever the user would like to see them.
The response times (between the app and server) are really fast, and the load's response is almost instantaneous. I'm looking forward to support for HTML displays so I can add weather, news, and traffic displays!
HCA iOS app OUTSTANDING!
Works like a charm. Easy to install and use. I use it all the time from everywhere. Works great with HCA 12, which is also outstanding!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.