This new HCPL app makes it quick and easy to access Harris County Public Library resources on the go!
1) Log on to your account, manage your checkouts and holds, can link and manage your family members’ accounts.
2) Search the catalog and find books, eBooks, audiobooks, eAudiobooks, music CDs, DVDs, bluray. Place holds on interesting items or download to your device.
3) Browse new and popular title lists
4) Connect with the library in social media
5) View library events and programs
6) Find out library locations and hours
Various fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
A Lot New, but Lacking in Areas
I really like the new, rebuilt app. There are many more features offered that previously weren't available. But I mainly use it to keep track of my checkouts. Which I can still do, but less information is available then was previously provided.
The new app gives the title of the book and it's due date. The previous app gave the title, author, due date, and the number of renews. It also included the option to select multiple items and perform batch actions such as renew. I do like that the new app provides a thumbnail of the book cover. Also I like that when you open up the book info you can click on the author and it brings up a list of their books.
I really miss the number of renews. I had developed a system for returning my checkouts based on that information and now it's not available, anywhere. :/
I had hopes for a new update but now I regret it. I could no longer use the previous app because it was "not supported". Now this one does not even have an option to place a request or hold on an item. Even the searches include many unrelated items.
Color Used for Words
The app itself isn’t bad. However, some of the words are in gray color (“My Account/Log In”, “Forgot My Pin - Reset”, etc.). It’s extremely difficult to read.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.