Watch, pause, and record Live TV with your HDHomeRun and HDHomeRun iOS app.
This app requires iOS 10.3.3 or newer.
* This app requires an HDHomeRun tuner present on your local area network
* Update to the latest release
The HDHomeRun app requires an HDHomeRun tuner to watch Live TV on your iPad, iPhone, or iPad Touch.
• Compatible HDHomeRun device:
HDHomeRun CONNECT, EXTEND, EXPAND, or PRIME
Legacy model HDHomeRuns like the DUAL will support Live TV streaming; however, DVR is not supported.
• Reliable high speed Wi-Fi network
• iOS 10.3.3 or newer
• Live TV (cable TV and over-the-air) viewing on your iPhone or iPad
• Pause/FF/RW support to live TV. DVR not required to use this feature.
• Supports HD channels
• Cable TV and OTA.
• No external player needed
• Fast Channel changes
• Intuitive UI and OSD to control closed caption, audio tracks, and zoom with a single tap
• What’s on now and what’s on next guide data
• Program images, show cards, and channel logos
• Program progress bar
• Consolidated list of channels (for user with both Cable and ATSC tuners).
• Does NOT require an always on computer
• Full 14 day guide data for DVR users / Non-DVR users get 24 hour guide data
* Guide data and images are officially licensed by Gracenote
* The HDHomeRun app does not work outside of your home network. Your iPhone or iPad must be connected to the same local network as your HDHomeRun tuner.
For questions, concerns, bug reports, and feature requests, contact us on via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on the HDHomeRun forums: www.silicondust.com/forum
Fix minor video corruption seen on some h264 channels.
Ratings and Reviews
A Good Start
The most glaring shortcoming is the interface. I find it to be confusing and unintuitive especially compared to Channels or Plex (which aren't free). The app is pretty zippy with the delay between switching channels taking maybe 2 seconds. Interface shortcomings aside, I also like that I can browse channels while watching a program, which is something lacking in other apps.
It would be nice if users could disable channels that don't work, or create a favorites list. It would also be nice to see a grid schedule similar to what's found on pretty much every TV interface device since TV Guide.
I guess the most compelling reason to download HDHomeRun over something like Channels, is that it's free. It's not a bad app at all, and if I had not already bought Channels, I'd be content with this.
App has really bad lag when changing channels or scrolling channel list. Video playback completely stops sometimes and you just have audio. You can easily get it to lock up the video by just tapping on the screen to show or hide the channel bar. Sometimes the app never catches up with video playback and sound sync because of this and the only fix is to change channels or restart the app. That’s just bad and needs to be fixed ASAP. At least it’s free... but that’s no excuse, especially when it doesn’t yet support DRM channels, which needs to happen like yesterday!
So Close.... But So Far...
Have tried InstaTV Pro... didn’t work. Crashes often and couldn’t get a stable stream. Found this app... looks promising. It’s free and developed by Silicone Dust. Plus it’s free! Works very well on my iPhones (6 and 8) and not on my 2017 iPAD Pro? Come on really?!?! Streams smooth on some channels but freezes all too often (once every 5 seconds or so) on others. Audio is fine but the video just freezes. Even tried factory restoring but same thing.
My setup at home is more than sufficient. Homerun Primes (2 of them) are connected to a Gigabit Network. Wireless access points (Ubquiti AP PRO) is 2.4 plus 5Gz... combined of 1200Mbps.
Any thoughts on troubleshooting Silicon Dust???
It definitely seems strange that your phones work and the Pro doesn't. Is there any chance you could email email@example.com and describe the problem for them? We'd love to get this nailed down. Thanks for the review!
- SiliconDust USA Inc
- 24.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Silicondust Inc. Guide data and images officially licensed by Gracenote. HDHomeRun and the green logo are registered trademarks of Silicondust Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.