By Christopher Herbon
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HDR³ revolutionizes the capture of HDR photos and offers an advanced alternative to existing HDR apps. We grew tired of unnatural spots, seams and halos in our photos, which are produced by other apps. Therefore we integrated the most advanced HDR algorithm available in any iOS application. The amazingly realistic photos are created by taking three pictures in a row and combining them using a highly sophisticated digital wavelet algorithm.
• Automatically take 3 pictures instead of only 2, compared to other apps
• Seamless image blending without halos and unnatural spots
• Live high speed automatic exposure measure for an even faster capture
• High performance digital image stabilization for extremly sharp pictures
• Full 8 megapixel resolution
• Live histogram for choosing the perfect scene
• 128 Bit processing for extremely accurate results
• Share pictures on Facebook and twitter
• Volume shutter
• Automatic and manual saturation, temperature, gamma, sharpness, brightness and contrast adjustment
• Beautiful Frames
• Crop function
• Geotagging (GPS) and full exif data support
• Landscape and portrait support
• Integrated flash
What's New in Version 1.5
• Resolution bug fix.
Can give great results
I've tried a lot of camera apps and this one is certainly one of my favorites. With a very steady hand you can get some really good results. With a tripod or flat surface you can get some really great results. I found the photo taking process to be faster then other HDR apps and like that it shows the three areas it is referencing - you can easily manual override these but I have needed to yet.
This app is not for taking photos of kids, animals or action. Outstanding for landscape, skylines, sunsets, and other semi-static scenes.
If you enjoy using your iphone for photography then I would recommend this app. For a few bucks you get some amazing HDR images. It also does extremely well in low light, an area where the iPhone is not very good. Bright light will get you even better results.
So Close Yet So Far
This app seems to have the absolute best algorithm for creating very natural looking HDR photos based on 10+ HDR apps I have tried. It is truly magical how the brights are protected and the shadows are open while the viewer would never know that it is an HDR shot. However, the app has little or even no alignment mechanism and as such the photos are unusable. Since the developer has been dormant for three years, it looks like this will never be addressed. This is tragic, because this app could easily be the hands-down leading HDR app in all of iOS.
OK. Could be great.
HDR3 creates great, nicely vibrant high dynamic range color. I saw very few of the halos and other iPhone HDR artifacts found with many other HDR apps. Alignment didn't work as well as many of the other top HDR apps, though. Shooting handheld, I saw a lot of slight edge ghosting in my images. Although I like the color better than most HDR apps, the alignment issues make this version of the app unusable for me without a tripod. Overall, it's OK. I'm hoping a fix will make it great.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 04, 2013
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Christopher Herbon
- © 2012 Christopher Herbon
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.