Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take control of your diabetes today!
HEALTHeDiabetes has been designed to be the best weight control app for people living with type 2 diabetes. It combines CalorieKing’s award-winning weight management software with the expertise of the renowned Joslin Diabetes Center to bring you the most accurate tool to count carbs, control your weight, track blood glucose, record medication and more.
NOTE: This app does not currently sync with calorieking.com memberships.
HOW THIS APP HELPS YOU:
- By tracking your food, activity, and blood glucose, you’ll learn the relationships between them, and how to make the smart choices that help you control your weight and diabetes.
- Based on your personal profile, you'll be given a series of targets.
- Carbohydrate targets help you understand how many carbs you should eat at each meal and lets you know when you’re under, over, or on target.
- Calorie targets will help you lose, maintain, or gain weight depending on your weight goals. If you’re overweight, even a small reduction in weight can have a positive impact on your diabetes.
- Tracking your blood glucose helps you better understand how and why your blood glucose levels change throughout the day. You can assign your BG readings to meals and activity to monitor the relationship between them.
- Medication tracking will help you remember to take your meds.
- You can trust the CalorieKing food database to be the most accurate available. It is the one most recommended by health professionals. Ask your Certified Diabetes Educator or Registered Dietitian.
- Our food and exercise diary is easy to use, and the fastest one available. You don't even need an Internet connection.
- You can monitor more than calories and carbs: fat, sodium, cholesterol, fiber, calcium and much more.
- Record how you’re feeling, document important events and anything else you wish to remember with the Daily Notes feature.
- Our recipe builder helps you learn just how many carbs and calories are in your favorite recipes. And, when you save a recipe, it will be there the next time you want to use it.
- Your progress is presented in easy to understand motivational charts that help you understand where you are in your journey, and what to work on next to gain control of your diabetes.
ABOUT JOSLIN DIABETES CENTER
Joslin Diabetes Center, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is the world's largest diabetes research and clinical care organization. Joslin is dedicated to ensuring that people with diabetes live long, healthy lives and offers real hope and progress toward diabetes prevention and a cure. Joslin is an independent, non-profit institution affiliated with Harvard Medical School.
Since 1972, CalorieKing has been learning how people change the habits that affect their weight. We have been doing this longer than anyone else. CalorieKing has the best food database available. CalorieKing's award-winning weight management products and services are recommended by health professionals and trusted by pharmaceutical companies and health plans.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
Fixed bug where recipes could not be saved.
You can't scan food
Other apps have it. You can scan the nutritional value. This app doesn't.
Also, they claim that they have one of the best databases for food. This is false. My Fitness Pal is much more complete. This one never has the foods I look for. Would you believe they don't have Trader Joe's meals. You have to input everything.
I wish there was a trial before purchase. If I could I'd return it.
And the only part that tracks well is the calories. It tells you how much you have left for the day. Re: carbs, it shows how much you've had but doesn't track as well as they do calories.
And seriously, what's up w claiming they have the best food data base. Lies. Such lies. Have they not seen the competition?? You can't claim that knowing that the competition has a better food data base. Not cool guys.
Claims to be the best app
I have to agree with the previous review. I was rather generous with 2 stars. I'm not a diabetic. I'm a diabetic educator and I am always looking for apps for clients. This by far Blows. Like the previous reviewer, my fitness pal is a better app to log the foods you eat. You can include macronutrients with the advance app. One touch has a new glucose meter Verio Flex with an app that you can link up with your meter to see the trends. Don't waste your money with this app!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Sep 12, 2016
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 40.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CalorieKing Wellness Solutions
- © 2013 CalorieKing Wellness Solutions Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.