Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take control of your diabetes today!
HEALTHeDiabetes has been designed to be the best weight control app for people living with type 2 diabetes. It combines CalorieKing’s award-winning weight management software with the expertise of the renowned Joslin Diabetes Center to bring you the most accurate tool to count carbs, control your weight, track blood glucose, record medication and more.
NOTE: This app does not currently sync with calorieking.com memberships.
HOW THIS APP HELPS YOU:
- By tracking your food, activity, and blood glucose, you’ll learn the relationships between them, and how to make the smart choices that help you control your weight and diabetes.
- Based on your personal profile, you'll be given a series of targets.
- Carbohydrate targets help you understand how many carbs you should eat at each meal and lets you know when you’re under, over, or on target.
- Calorie targets will help you lose, maintain, or gain weight depending on your weight goals. If you’re overweight, even a small reduction in weight can have a positive impact on your diabetes.
- Tracking your blood glucose helps you better understand how and why your blood glucose levels change throughout the day. You can assign your BG readings to meals and activity to monitor the relationship between them.
- Medication tracking will help you remember to take your meds.
- You can trust the CalorieKing food database to be the most accurate available. It is the one most recommended by health professionals. Ask your Certified Diabetes Educator or Registered Dietitian.
- Our food and exercise diary is easy to use, and the fastest one available. You don't even need an Internet connection.
- You can monitor more than calories and carbs: fat, sodium, cholesterol, fiber, calcium and much more.
- Record how you’re feeling, document important events and anything else you wish to remember with the Daily Notes feature.
- Our recipe builder helps you learn just how many carbs and calories are in your favorite recipes. And, when you save a recipe, it will be there the next time you want to use it.
- Your progress is presented in easy to understand motivational charts that help you understand where you are in your journey, and what to work on next to gain control of your diabetes.
ABOUT JOSLIN DIABETES CENTER
Joslin Diabetes Center, located in Boston, Massachusetts, is the world's largest diabetes research and clinical care organization. Joslin is dedicated to ensuring that people with diabetes live long, healthy lives and offers real hope and progress toward diabetes prevention and a cure. Joslin is an independent, non-profit institution affiliated with Harvard Medical School.
Since 1972, CalorieKing has been learning how people change the habits that affect their weight. We have been doing this longer than anyone else. CalorieKing has the best food database available. CalorieKing's award-winning weight management products and services are recommended by health professionals and trusted by pharmaceutical companies and health plans.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Database Update
- Fixes bug where the exercise duration could not be set for some users
Disappointed I paid for this app.
This app will do but it could be so much better. IF I had known I wouldn't have paid for this app when there are free ones that can do EXACTLY what this one does.
I can count carbs, track water, track basic exercise and indicate medicine taken but I can do all of that in free apps like myfitnesspal so I'm quite disappointed this is a paid app.
This is supposed to be an app aimed at helping diabetics but there are so many things that could be done to improve it.
- sync two ways with Apple health so it adjusts for exercise performed that is just a given
- expand the food database like myfitnesspal or loseit
- add a scanner for barcodes so that everything doesn't need to be typed like myfitnesspal or loseit
- allow the person to email an export or report of the information a doctor would want to see (glucose counts, medicine taken) like glucosebuddy
- expand exercise available this app has only a handful
- track medicine by units/pill etc. as not all medications are alike for diabetics
- include BP and heart rate as Hypertension is also common among diabetics like glucosebuddy pro
LOVE this ap!!
Perfect app, easy to use and keeps everything in one place. I love that it counts down your calories so you know how many you have left. You can customize everything and the carb counter is the most accurate I've seen. I've been told to count total carbs and many apps don't do that. This one does so there's no guess work. The only complaint I have is that it won't give you a long term report that you can print out but this is a really great app. Worth the money.
Nice overall but no HealthKit support
I really like the UI, the clarity and the simplicity but there are a few key misses.
It doesn't support standard resolution on the iPhone 6 Plus. This may seem like a small thing - unless you have a 6 Plus. I cringe when launching apps like this that don't support standard resolution.
iPhone 6 Plus support is much less of an issue than the next two items.
The lack of HealthKit support is a pretty glaring omission and needs to be fixed quickly. I should absolutely be able to post my workouts and steps to my fitness band app, where they sync through HealthKit, and have them logged in this app.
Finally, and the most likely reason I'll use a different app, I found the food search to be more difficult than other apps, partially due to this app's apparent lack of barcode support. It's just harder to get started recording meals when the app forces you to manually enter nutritional data for foods it doesn't already know.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 13, 2015
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 24.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CalorieKing Wellness Solutions
- © 2013 CalorieKing Wellness Solutions Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.