Introducing Healthie, your personal profile for health and wellness. Seamlessly take photos of your food, selfies (or "healthies") of your body, and record workouts, metrics, and more. Upload these to your personal newsfeed to view a chronological dashboard of your health, and enjoy tracking your outcomes and achieving your goals.
Partner with a nutrition professional or healthcare provider who can review your uploads and provide advice along the way.
At Healthie, we know there is no one-size-fits-all solution to health, and understand that calorie-counting and fad diets just don't work. We believe in mindful, sustainable approaches to health, and connect users with experts in nutrition to enable positive outcomes. Get Healthie, Be Healthie.
Here's what our users are saying:
"Put simply, Healthie has changed my life. I have lost weight, but more so than that, have completely changed my relationship with food for the better."
"I absolutely love taking pictures of my food. It's so much easier than calorie counting or keeping a food journal."
"It's like Instagram, but for my health."
"Now when I meet with my dietitian, I can easily show her my Healthie profile and we have great (and specific) discussions about mindful eating, balancing my meals, and how making small changes in my diet can have a large impact."
Clients can now do programs that they’re enrolled in directly within the app, including all types of modules (Video, Document, Form).
We’d love to hear what you think about the Healthie app! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of bugs
- tapping on the Journal feature only seems to open the text editor once in a while. I can’t figure out where exactly I’m suppose to tap to open that. “Journal” should mean that I can write down what I ate and how I felt after, not just to be able to take a photo and give a red, yellow, or green rating. Plus I am not used to food journaling so I usually remember only after I’ve eaten when it is hard if not downright impossible to take a photo of my meal ;)
- it’s equally as hard to add to a journal note I’ve already created. Sometime I can get back into the editing mode my clicking on the text I’ve already entered but not always. I don’t know if I’m supposed to just click on it or hold down
- I am able to take photos of food labels, for example, to send to my provider but for some reason it sends the photo twice to her. But only randomly not with all photos even though I took one photo after another clicking on the same check mark each time
- the notifications don’t sync well with the website or itself, the mobile app will notify me that I have a message even if I’ve already read it on the website and also if I’ve already read it on the app but didn’t go through the notifications link
- one time I got five notifications that led me to the same message from my provider
- seems like it has potential just, as usual, developer relies on the public to alpha test and beta test (and theta? Etc?)
Very versatile and easy to use
Great interface with health professionals! This app is great at multitasking, makes communicating with health professionals very easy, and does a great job of streamlining your goals and progress. I would recommend for any coaching business and setup and even for independent use to track and record.
Buggy and not user friendly
I’ve contemplated moving to a different dietitian so I don’t have to use this app. It’s that bad.
As an end user, I’m stuck with this app since my dietician uses it for billing and I frequently open the app to see all my entries missing, only links with Fitbit.
The MyFitnessPal link via Fitbit is a joke, leading to 2-4x repeat entries. Why not Garmin, TrainingPeaks, Strava, or a direct connection to MyFitnessPal?
When trying to make an entry, clicking on the new entry icon—all the entries are on top of each other rather than fanning out as intended.
The app entries only provide an extremely limited detail opposed to what can be entered online; e.g., meal, snack, etc.
As a result, I find myself opening the desktop-web version on my iPhone because the app is just that bad. I’ve contacted support countless times, with no resolution, merely directing me to the worthless support articles. Ask about multiple entries? I’ve raised the issue several times with only a “we’ll look into it” but no follow up. Frustrating.
With an app such as this, they need to focus not only on the dietitian, but the dietitian’s client as well. The clients/end user should be the focus of the app since they are the one largely using it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.