Healthier: Break Reminder
By Shuo Yang
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Research has shown that prolonged sitting in front of a computer not only damages health, but also decreases productivity. Healthier helps you to tackle both.
Healthier periodically reminds you to take a break off your computer, and suggests HealthierTips, which are our hand-picked, office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
REVIEWS AND AWARDS
• Featured worldwide by Apple in "New Year, New You"
• MacWorld (4/5): "Healthier is simple, and does its job well"
• "Just what I was looking for" @mandymoo1961
• "Making a big difference already" @Sam Randall
• "Well worth it, and cheaper than a massage" @Skyeberg
Simple and intuitive
• Beautiful, modern design that fits right into OS X Yosemite.
• All important functionalities are one click away.
• An animated menu bar icon with full Dark Mode support always shows how much time is left to work.
• Optimized for the Retina display.
• HealthierTips: 14 office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
• Alternatively, 50 hand-picked quotes to keep you motivated.
• SmartRescheduling: automatically knows when you are away, then magically restarts the timer when you are back.
• Plays sound alert after break, so you will get notified even when away from computer.
• Supports multiple displays beautifully.
Start getting healthier today!
If you have any PROBLEMS with Healthier, please contact us at SUPPORT@LESSAPPS.NET ;)
What's New in Version 2.0.1
With Healthier 2.0, we completely redesigned the whole user interface for OS X Yosemite, bringing in a stunning new look, yet you already knew how to use. In addition, we added support for new Yosemite features like Dark Mode.
By popular request, we added a third Break Style that simply displays the remaining time. Try it out in the brand new Preferences, now gained its own window for more clarity.
We hope you enjoy this big update as much as we do! Please spread the word if you like Healthier, it helps us enormously :)
Healthier 2.0 requires OS X Yosemite.
Best break reminder app I’ve used!
I’ve used 3 break-reminder apps, and this one by far takes the cake. In addition to simply being beautiful, what I love about this app is that it gives you a 30-second warning to get you (really: your mind) ready for the upcoming break. This seemingly minor feature is actually hugely helpful because it enables you to elengantly transition from typing or whatever you’re engaged in, to stepping away from the computer. In my experience with the other apps, the breaks always appeared without any warning, and the startling transitions always felt a bit frustrating.
I also hugely appreciate the different exercises that this app offers during the breaks. Helps each break feel different and health-inducing, rather than just the same ol’ “back away from the computer” reminder.
Overall, love this app and would recommend it to anyone who’d looking to break up their computer use in a fun and engaging way.
Every academic should have this!
I’m a college professor and yes, I spend hours on end in front of the computer. Much to the detriment of my lower back, I needed something that was going to change that. This app is AMAZING for reminding you to take periodic breaks. In particular, I LOVE that it covers the screen during breaktime, making it so that you MUST get up and take a break. (Note: If you don’t like that or if you’re in the middle of something important, you can undo the screen block with a simple click.) My only wish is that it was connected to the iphone and the iPad. Not everything I do is on my laptop. Therefore, when I’m grading student papers, I like to be reminded via phone to take a break. The app is really simple and all one needs to get the job done!
I use two workstations and sometimes the screen saver will activate on the machine with Healthier installed and that’ll reset the the countdown and I can’t find a way to change that. It’s a little irksome. Other than that, great app. Also, my send screen is on the right, but the arrow seems to only point to the left during break time. I don’t see a way to change that either.