Healthier: Break Reminder
By Shuo Yang
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Research has shown that prolonged sitting in front of a computer not only damages health, but also decreases productivity. Healthier helps you to tackle both.
Healthier periodically reminds you to take a break off your computer, and suggests HealthierTips, which are our hand-picked, office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
REVIEWS AND AWARDS
• Featured worldwide by Apple in "New Year, New You"
• MacWorld (4/5): "Healthier is simple, and does its job well"
• "Just what I was looking for" @mandymoo1961
• "Making a big difference already" @Sam Randall
• "Well worth it, and cheaper than a massage" @Skyeberg
Simple and intuitive
• Beautiful, modern design that fits right into OS X Yosemite.
• All important functionalities are one click away.
• An animated menu bar icon with full Dark Mode support always shows how much time is left to work.
• Optimized for the Retina display.
• HealthierTips: 14 office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
• Alternatively, 50 hand-picked quotes to keep you motivated.
• SmartRescheduling: automatically knows when you are away, then magically restarts the timer when you are back.
• Plays sound alert after break, so you will get notified even when away from computer.
• Supports multiple displays beautifully.
Start getting healthier today!
If you have any PROBLEMS with Healthier, please contact us at SUPPORT@LESSAPPS.NET ;)
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Fixed multi-display bug, now Back to Work button should appear again. We apologize for the inconveniences.
- Added button in Settings to rate the app (please do, it really helps :))
This application is fantastic to remind you to get up and move around.
If you are a person that is prone to intense concentration, focus and to getting things done, then you need this application. Every 30 minutes (or whatever time period you prefer) it will remind you to get up, stretch and move around.
The application has suggested exercises for your upper body, neck, eyes, or legs.
Or…you can get up and take a quick one minute break.
Have you have read about the damage that you are doing to your body by sitting all day? This application is a well thought out approach to solving part of that problem.
It just works and I recommend it.
I don’t find very many apps that I can rate 5 stars; this is definitely one of them. Does exactly what it says and no more - and that’s a good thing. Only feature-wish is more exercises...
Obnoxious alert sound that’s not changeable...
It makes me not want to use the app. Otherwise a good app but they need to give user the options to choose their own alert sounds.