Research has shown that prolonged sitting in front of a computer not only damages health, but also decreases productivity. Healthier helps you to tackle both.
Healthier periodically reminds you to take a break off your computer, and suggests HealthierTips, which are our hand-picked, office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
REVIEWS AND AWARDS
• Featured worldwide by Apple in "New Year, New You"
• MacWorld (4/5): "Healthier is simple, and does its job well"
• "Just what I was looking for" @mandymoo1961
• "Making a big difference already" @Sam Randall
• "Well worth it, and cheaper than a massage" @Skyeberg
Simple and intuitive
• Beautiful, modern design that fits right into OS X Yosemite.
• All important functionalities are one click away.
• An animated menu bar icon with full Dark Mode support always shows how much time is left to work.
• Optimized for the Retina display.
• HealthierTips: 14 office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
• Alternatively, 50 hand-picked quotes to keep you motivated.
• SmartRescheduling: automatically knows when you are away, then magically restarts the timer when you are back.
• Plays sound alert after break, so you will get notified even when away from computer.
• Supports multiple displays beautifully.
Start getting healthier today!
If you have any PROBLEMS with Healthier, please contact us at SUPPORT@LESSAPPS.NET ;)
Adopted more intelligent randomisation algorithm to pick citations and exercises to avoid repetition.
We appreciate your continued support and valuable feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Best I’ve Found
I spent the past week experiementing with a bunch of “break reminder” apps for OS X (including Time Out, Awareness, Recess, and Breaktime). I wanted something affordable and simple that would remind to take a break every X number of minutes, that was unobtrusive, that would autolaunch at login, that would display status in the menu bar, and allow me to over-ride things if need be. This app was the winner for me. Its working perfectly for needed reminders to get up and move around. As they say, “sitting is the new smoking.” Highly Recommended!
Very Helpful App
This app is very helpful in reminding me to break away from the computer. My only issue is that there are not enough break sound samples to choose from. I am not fond of the glass breaking sound nor the "clown" sound but would like more sounds added to notifiy me it's time to work again.
My other request is to make this for the iPhone and iPad as I have caught myself numerous times with tired eyes just looking at posts and email and this app would definitely come in handy in those areas.
Although I am not allowed to have this app at work, it did prompt me to use a timer to get up every 15 minutes and rest for 3 minutes. Some of my office mates have caught on to that idea and joined me in getting away from their computers. But, that would not have been thought about if I didn't have this app. Great job!
I do love the tips. Could more be added?
Control (little), Tips (redundant), Quit option (no)
It is true that $2.99 is not much. However, it is still $2.99 for an app that is supposed to be a “Healther: Break Reminder!”
The app provides little control over break frequency (1-90 minutes!) What if I want a longer break period?
The “Healther” tips are redundant. True, computer algorithms do not deliver a perfect stochastic result! Still getting the same “tips” repeatedly becomes annoying!
You can not “quit” healthier. The only option to quit is the Activity Monitor, which I employ almost every restart so that I can stop this app!
1 allow the user to pick the break interval with digits, rather than a slider
2 provide a better algorithm to “randomly” pick from your list of break tips
3 provide the user the option to “quit” the application
4 for updates, why is Mojave required? DarkMode negatively impacts those of us who are vision impaired! I have a great deal of trouble reading text against a dark background!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for the suggestions! To your questions:
- You can quit Healthier by clicking on the Menu Bar icon with the heart, and clicking the X button on the upper left corner of the count down panel.
- Sorry that the dark surface in the lock screen is hard to read! We made it dark mainly for better soothing effect. Although the update supports both High Sierra and Mojave (we don't support Dark mode yet), I think we should add a bright mode to the lock screen for better legibility.
- Good idea to add a digit input to the break interval and a better randomization algorithm!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.