Healthier: Break Reminder
By Shuo Yang
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Research has shown that prolonged sitting in front of a computer not only damages health, but also decreases productivity. Healthier helps you to tackle both.
Healthier periodically reminds you to take a break off your computer, and suggests HealthierTips, which are our hand-picked, office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
REVIEWS AND AWARDS
• Featured worldwide by Apple in "New Year, New You"
• MacWorld (4/5): "Healthier is simple, and does its job well"
• "Just what I was looking for" @mandymoo1961
• "Making a big difference already" @Sam Randall
• "Well worth it, and cheaper than a massage" @Skyeberg
Simple and intuitive
• All important functionalities are one click away.
• An animated menu bar icon always shows how much time is left to work.
• Beautifully crafted design and subtle animations for an enjoyable experience.
• Optimized for the Retina display.
• HealthierTips: 14 office-suitable exercises for both eyes and body that you can follow during the breaks.
• Alternatively, 50 hand-picked quotes to keep you motivated.
• SmartRescheduling: automatically knows when you are away, then magically restarts the timer when you are back.
• Plays sound alert after break, so you will get notified even when away from computer.
• Supports multiple displays beautifully.
Start getting healthier today!
If you have any PROBLEMS with Healthier, please contact us at SUPPORT@LESSAPPS.NET ;)
What's New in Version 1.4.1
- Compatibility with OS X 10.9 "Mavericks"
- Lock screen with Quotes works again
A simple important fix to my life.
Wow. So powerful and surprisingly it's gotten much of the rest of my life on track - eating smaller amounts more frequently, picking up the house, stretching, little bursts of exercise, more quality time with the dog, you get the idea.
In my perfect world I'd be able to write my own random "break assignments" that come up. I'd also like the "30 seconds before break" warning to be a little more intrusive. Nice to be able to save files, push the send button, and otherwise wrap things up before the screen suddenly greys.
Fabulous app. Thanks.
Just use it...
If you work on a computer you need to use this app. I've worked on a computer for about 15 years now and this thing is simple and to the point. I don't follow the exercises becuase many you can do without leaving your chair. Take a break and get up and move, go drink some water, go outside, etc… Great little app that does what it says it does.
Little things that matter...
I really like this App… just 1 or 2 minutes every hour or so make the difference in your wellbeing. I didnt notice and appreciate it till I got it run on my laptop. I feel much better, and with this reminder I also remember to drink water, walk a little bit around my desk, get some streching. I really love the little tips that help you for a little relax time, simple exercises for the body, eyes… I totally recommend it!