By Centers For Disease Control and Prevention
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Getting ready to go swimming or working at the pool? Don’t leave home without CDC’s Healthy Swimming app!
Help keep yourself and your family healthy and safe this summer swim season. If you are a pool inspector, operator or lifeguard, have the latest information at your fingertips to answer patron questions. We all share the water we play and swim in. Learn about the germs that we all bring into the places we swim, how they could make you and others sick, and how you can take a few easy and effective steps to help protect yourself and others.
This app will tell you about:
- How we benefit from swimming. Did you know swimming can improve your health—and your mood?
- Where we swim. Did you know germs could be lurking anywhere you swim or play in the water-even in the pool down the street?
- What's in the water. Did you know chlorine and other disinfectants don’t kill germs instantly?
- How to stay healthy and safe. Healthy and safe swimming is easy with CDC's simple tips!
Gov doing something right!
I am glad I stumbled upon this little application as it contains important practical information relevant to this season, boating and other.
The app is a bunch of links to pages of their website and all of the links I clicked were broken.
Summer time fun
This app is super helpful and right in time for summer!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Released: May 20, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 10.5 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- © Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.