By Guidekick, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Be immersed in America’s most glamorous and fascinating castle, built by newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst and architect Julia Morgan. Although portrayed as a power hungry egoist in the movie Citizen Kane, Hearst was simply a builder with a dream. That dream lead to the construction of the legendary Hearst Castle, a place that has invoked the imaginations of everyone who has seen it.
— THE APP —
Experience Hearst Castle and the people who inspired and created it with exclusive and never before seen images, stories, audio recordings and video curated by Hearst Castle’s own historians.
• Learn about William Randolph Hearst, Marion Davies, and Julia Morgan
• Discover the Neptune Pool, private air strip, hidden dressing rooms, and much more
• Audio narration and text by Hearst Castle historian Victoria Kastner
• Images by Hearst Castle photographer Victoria Garagliano
• Featuring images by world-renowned photographer Trey Ratcliff
— MORE ABOUT HEARST CASTLE —
Hearst Castle is a 165-room estate that sits on 250,000 acres near the remote seaside hamlet of San Simeon, California. It was a private getaway for the elite in the 1920s through 1940s, luring Hollywood stars, powerful political leaders, and renown literary figures such as Jean Paul Getty, Bernard Shaw, Calvin Coolidge, Winston Churchill, Charlie Chaplin, Gary Cooper, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, and Marion Davies. It also contains one of the largest and most unique private collections that exists today.
Currently supports iOS 7 and iPhone 4S and higher.
Questions, problems, or feedback? Please email us rather than giving a low rating: email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.2.1
• Fixed "Explore" mode bug with iOS 7.1 update
I went to Hearst castle last weekend because a friend of mine told me about this app. I wasnt sure it's worth the drive but after using this app to see pictures and the stories, i am sold! 3 hour drive later, i am still able to use this app to explore around. Other museums and parks, i am looking at you now to have this kind of app available!
Informative and useful
Well designed app and informative. Download before you go up the hill as the connection is rather slow up there.
Great tool for exploring!!
Totally worth the download. This app gave in-depth information about Hearst Castle that made our visit so much more satisfying. Also super easy to use! If you are visiting the Ranch, its a must have!
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 21, 2014
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 85.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Guidekick, Inc.
- © 2013 Guidekick Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.