Heart and Lungs Lab
By Angel Cordero Ampuero
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Recommended by the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA).
"Well-presented and useful in classroom and homeschool environments" - School Library Jounal
"It is a pleasure to find an app that has the knack for presenting complicated concepts and subject matter in a fun, engaging way" - teacherswithapps
"Graphics are stunning, and I love the ability for students to pace themselves." - The Appy Ladies
"this is an app children can use and return to year after year to help in various science and biology classes at school." - Smart Apps for Kids
"This educational title is well worth getting for middle school level children." - www.iHeartThisApp.com
"Considering the content, this is an app that will be useful for quite some time, so it’s well worth the investment." - geekswithjuniors
Do you know why your body needs oxygen? Do you know why your heart beats faster when you exercise? Heart and Lungs Lab answers these questions and unravels other mysteries of your body in a fun, interactive way. It is a new entry in the isygames series of apps about the human body, which also includes D. Bones and The Amazing Digestive Journey.
Heart and Lungs Lab embraces different levels of complexity so that it can be enjoyed by users of all ages. Kids as young as 5 can play at starting up the heart's "pump," while students aged up to 14 can use the "Remember" and "Did you know?" tabs to develop a better understanding of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, or try their hand at practice questions when preparing for a real-life test.
The app's six labs let users experiment with the structure and functioning of the human body's cardiovascular and respiratory systems:
- Find out what blood looks like under a microscope.
- The circulation of the blood is both dual and continuous.
- Find out how air moves in and out of your lungs.
- The pulmonary alveoli: gas exchange.
- What do cells do with the air we breathe?
- The heart: the body's engine.
Heart and Lungs Lab comprises three elements:
- A school-level anatomy atlas providing detailed explanations for each of the organs making up the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
- A fun and challenging practice test with two levels of difficulty.
- Six different labs for learning about your heart and lungs through exploration and experiment.
Available in both Spanish and English. If your children are in a bilingual program at school, they can easily switch from one language to another.
The Isygames website now includes a facility for education experts through which we will provide related teaching materials and information (Common Core Standards alignments). This space on our website will be accessible from the app over a secure link.
The illustrations and text alike have been reviewed and overseen by a professor of medicine.
As parents ourselves, we are concerned about our kids' online safety. That's why Heart and Lungs Lab fulfills all security and privacy requirements:
- Does not collect or share any personal data
- Does not contain any ads
- Does not contain In App Purchases - Does not contain Social Network Integration - Includes an external link to our Website hidden under a parental gate.
Isygames is an educational technology developer that creates innovative and engaging science learning apps for children. A team of parents, teachers, publishers, and medical professionals, Isygames designs educational apps that focus on rigorous content while adding playful learning games that make education more enjoyable. Ideal for classroom use, Isygames game-based learning apps include texts written by education professionals and tests for checking a learner’s progress.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Fixed bug in alveoli.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 23, 2014
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 81.8 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Angel Cordero Ampuero
- © isygames S.C.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.