Choose This not That for Heart Disease. Inside this colorful app, you will find easy to follow suggestions on how to improve your health through nutrition and the food choices you make every day. This app provides comprehensive and actionable nutrition guidelines for how to prevent and combat Heart Disease (aka hardening of the arteries or atherosclerosis). If you rather tackle health issues through proper nutrition and lifestyle changes then this app is for you!
A number of features make this app so different and superior to others in the market:
• Is this food good for me? Answer to the common question about suitability of various food items for your personal situation, in an easy to understand and colorful graphic form.
• This publication is the only one in the market that offers dietary guidelines for atherosclerosis AND its combination with the following most likely health risks or issues: Angina, Congestive heart failure, Coronary heart disease, Depression, Diabetes type-2, Excess weight, Heart attack, High blood pressure, High cholesterol, High triglycerides, Prediabetes, Rheumatoid arthritis, Stress and Stroke. Also included is guidelines for anti-inflammation diet.
• Top-5 items to do or eat, and the top-5 things to avoid.
• Recommendations on the best food choices within a food group, based on your personal profile. An extremely valuable tool when at restaurants or when grocery shopping. Over 950 food items are included.
• ACTIONABLE information on what is good, what is bad, and what is neutral for your condition(s). We single out specific food items, and give you an ordered list of helpful and harmful foods within each food group.
• Suggestions on appropriate life style choices, alternative therapies and herbal remedies, when such options are promising and available to you.
The content of this app is licensed from Personal Remedies -- creator of the world's first e-dietitian. The primary sources used by this app are USDA (US Department of Agriculture), US NIH (National Institute of Health) agencies, and leading clinics & universities.
Personal Remedies is the publisher of the largest collection of health and nutrition apps for chronic conditions. Based in metro-Boston, home to the highest ranking healthcare providers and academic institutions in the world.
The information presented by this app is updated by our team as needed and on an ongoing basis. Updates happen seamlessly, and do NOT require frequent inconvenient downloads of a new version of the app.
“This technology was developed using the most current clinical evidence-based information that is available in the US. Behind this technology there is a team of expert clinicians, scientists, endocrinologists, oncologists, and other specialists who are passionate about bridging the gap between expert knowledge and the patient.“
Katya Tsaioun, PhD, Nutrition, Tufts University; L.D.N.
“Proper nutrition and other alternative treatments show great promise in preventing and treating many of the illnesses that we deal with every day. I encourage all my patients to follow appropriate nutrition and research other options for themselves. The Choose This Not That series are an excellent step towards improving people’s knowledge in this area.”
Shahin Tabatabaei, MD
Mass General Hospital; Harvard Medical School
“The Choose This Not That series of apps provide dietary recommendations focused on common chronic health problems. They are easy to understand and thus easy to implement into daily life. Most doctors would find it difficult to discuss dietary recommendations at the level of detail found in the series. They should serve as a valuable complement in helping people manage chronic illnesses through dietary and lifestyle modifications.”
Andrew S. Lenhardt, MD
Personalized Medicine, Well Life, Peabody, MA
In this release we have added over hundred new food items, and have included significant updates to the common comorbidities that accompany heart disease in particular cholesterol, triglycerides, hypertension, cancer risk, diabetes, and obesity. We have also added guidelines for a new comorbidity, prediabetes and anti-inflammation diet.
Ratings and Reviews
Piece of Garbage
Took a chance on an app with no reviews. My bad! It makes me give it one star or I wouldn’t give it any. Restarted my phone 3 times because the app kept freezing trying to set up an account. Finally got in and it’s still freezing. I want a refund! DO NOT PURCHASE!
This has a sign up after you pay. It doesn't do anything, just stuck on sign up, can't go back. Can't figure out how to demand refund.
Sorry about the difficulty you experienced. You need to close the on-screen keyboard before you can tap on the login or sign up buttons
- Personal Remedies, LLC
- 1.4 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Personal Remedies, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.