Heart Rate Monitor & Pulse Tracker by Runtastic
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Test your HEART RATE right from your iPhone - unbelievable? Just try it out!
Your pulse is racing, your heart is in your mouth: It’s easy to determine your physical or mental condition based on your pulse - and not only when you’re excited. Measure your heart rate when you wake up, after a training session or before your next exam. Runtastic Heart Rate shows you how fast (or slow) your heart is beating at any given moment, no extra devices needed. Your iPhone will do the job.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Measure your heart rate with your iPhone camera
- Graphs illustrate your measurements
- Different measuring types: resting HR, pre- & post-workout HR, maximum HR
- Upload your results to Runtastic.com, compare and analyze your measurements by day, week or year
- Share your HR measurements in social networks like Facebook & Twitter or via email
WARNING: This is not a medical product.
If knowing your pulse rate is critical to your health, you need to have your pulse taken by a medical professional. Heart Rate Monitor is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any condition, or to be a substitute for professional medical care. Measurements and statistics are intended for informational and educational purposes only, to support general health and wellness. The Heart Rate Monitor app has not been tested with individuals with health conditions and has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
EASY TO USE
- Place and lightly hold your (index) finger against the back camera lens and flashlight
- Do not press too hard, otherwise blood circulation will be altered and the results could be
- When using an iPhone or iPad without a flashlight, be sure to take the measurement in a well-lit area (bright daylight works best)
- Remain calm and try not to move too much during the measurement, as this can compromise measurement accuracy
- Do not measure with cold fingers when the blood circulation is poor
Your resting heart rate varies depending on your age and training level. A very fit and athletic person has a lower resting HR than someone who’s hardly active. Eager to know if your fitness level has improved? Measure your heart rate on a regular basis and monitor the progress of your resting heart rate.
Download the Runtastic Heart Rate App today, check your heart rate regularly and show your friends how cool & calm you remain even when in a seemingly stressful situation!
*This app is not yet optimized for iPhone 6 or 6+. We are currently working on revising the technology of this app to meet the needs of the new phone design.
Runtastic Terms of Service: https://www.runtastic.com/in-app/iphone/appstore/terms
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Your favorite heart rate tracking app just got better!
- Your feedback counts: We’re constantly improving our apps to provide you with the best possible experience.
Love Runtastic? Rate us with 5 stars & tell others about your experience in the App Store.
This app + anxiety
I've had insomnia for quite a while now and wanted to see what my heart rate was when I was up and around vs. in bed. I downloaded this app and wondered how it actually worked, so I googled it and to my surprise these apps do work as intended, but can be off by +/-1.5% or so. Technology's awesome.
I only realized how truly great it is when recently I've been trying different medications. One of these side effects I've been having is anxiety attacks. I'll get in bed with a rate of around 70, it'll drop down to around 60 a little later, then I felt an attack coming on and just had to wait it out for a few hours. I checked it when it was at its peak and was amazed when I saw it at 120. I woke up later at 7am and was back down at around 60. Summary... this truly does work and is probably one of the most amazing apps I've ever used.
I'd give it 5 stars, but I gave it 4 because like others have said as well, they need to stop the signup screen showing up first thing on every launch and they also need to stop showing the ads in the way they do. I have no problems with apps with video ads, but I do get frustrated when I want to see my heart rate right away, but a 30 second video ad shows. I'm frustrated for that small amount of time, but that goes away when I can start using it.
All in all, a very great app. As Trump would say... it's a tremendous app... the most tremendous app I've ever used... and it's just great. Haha
History doesn't work
If you want to record the history of your readings, this is not the app for you. The in-app history only lists past recordings 20% of the time. It just doesn't work. Factor that into your purchase. Wish I had.
My new iPhone's OS is up to date, so there's no reason this should be happening.
Plus you still get annoying ads after buying the Pro version. That's annoying.
I hate running
I don't like to run, my knees hate it and it doesn't get you anywhere fast. However this app is small, it's fast, accurate, and you don't have to become a member of anything. Thanks!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 12, 2017
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 78.1 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: runtastic
- © runtastic GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.