Heart Rate Variability Logger
By Alessandra Saviotti
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Heart Rate Variability Logger lets you record, plot and export time and frequency domain Heart Rate Variability Features (includes experience sampling, rr-interval correction, comparison between recordings, activity monitoring & step counting, location tracking).
- Extracts, plots, stores and exports heart rate, rr-intervals, time and frequency domain heart rate variability features (AVNN, SDNN, rMSSD, pNN50, LF, HF, LF/HF)
- Configurable experience sampling for events annotation
- Comparison between up to 3 recordings lets you get a better understanding of autonomic regulation and sympathetic/parasympathetic activity under different contexts in a glance
- Activity tracking: step counter or accelerometer derived motion intensity for user context (step counter only for iPhones 5S)
- Location tracking, either using GSM/WiFi networks (low battery consumption) or GPS (high accuracy)
- Configurable time window for features computation (choose between 30 seconds, 1, 2 or 5 minutes)
- RR-intervals correction can be enabled to prevent ectopic beats or artifacts from affecting HRV features
- export for Kubios
- Filters data based on the selected threshold
- Shows HR in the app icon
- Data export using iTunes or Dropbox
- Tested for recordings longer than 24 hours
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Heart Rate Variability Logger requires a Bluetooth Low Energy (also called Bluetooth Smart or BLE or 4.0) heart rate sensor (tested with: Polar H7, mio alpha and Armour39)
More details are available here: http://www.marcoaltini.com/2/post/2013/12/heart-rate-variability-logger-app-details.html
What's New in Version 4.6.0
Updated to be compatible with the latest Dropbox APIs
Finally a no BS app.
Bloated apps can be infinitely frustrating for data collection and analysis. This app gives you straightforward data collection and analysis with a simple user interface. I will probably purchase other developer apps individually just to support him. Nice to see an app that doesn't try to exploit human weaknesses/impulses or cater everyone at once. 🤗
This is the best HRV app for people who like to track hrv data and then analyze it.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 11, 2016
- Version: 4.6.0
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alessandra Saviotti
- © Marco Altini 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.