Heart Rate Variability Logger lets you record, plot and export time and frequency domain Heart Rate Variability Features (includes experience sampling, rr-interval correction, comparison between recordings, activity monitoring & step counting, location tracking).
- Extracts, plots, stores and exports heart rate, rr-intervals, time and frequency domain heart rate variability features (AVNN, SDNN, rMSSD, pNN50, LF, HF, LF/HF)
- Configurable experience sampling for events annotation
- Comparison between up to 3 recordings lets you get a better understanding of autonomic regulation and sympathetic/parasympathetic activity under different contexts in a glance
- Activity tracking: step counter or accelerometer derived motion intensity for user context (step counter only for iPhones 5S)
- Location tracking, either using GSM/WiFi networks (low battery consumption) or GPS (high accuracy)
- Configurable time window for features computation (choose between 30 seconds, 1, 2 or 5 minutes)
- RR-intervals correction can be enabled to prevent ectopic beats or artifacts from affecting HRV features
- export for Kubios
- Filters data based on the selected threshold
- Shows HR in the app icon
- Data export using iTunes or Dropbox
- Tested for recordings longer than 24 hours
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Heart Rate Variability Logger requires a Bluetooth Low Energy (also called Bluetooth Smart or BLE or 4.0) heart rate sensor (tested with: Polar H7, mio alpha and Armour39)
More details are available here: http://www.marcoaltini.com/2/post/2013/12/heart-rate-variability-logger-app-details.html
- UI adjustments
- compatibility with CorSense
Ratings and Reviews
Finally a no BS app.
Bloated apps can be infinitely frustrating for data collection and analysis. This app gives you straightforward data collection and analysis with a simple user interface. I will probably purchase other developer apps individually just to support him. Nice to see an app that doesn't try to exploit human weaknesses/impulses or cater everyone at once. 🤗
This is the best HRV app for people who like to track hrv data and then analyze it.
I use HRV4Training (same developer) daily and recommend it to all the athletes that I coach, as it is the best HRV app I've used. I purchased the HRV logging app for extended data analysis, and it works great. I sync'd directly to my Dropbox account (creating CSV files), allowing me quickly import the data into Excel. It has been extremely useful in allowing me to capture HR irregularities (PAC/PVCs), while working, sleeping, exercising or even sitting at my desk (with Bluetooth HR strap). A very effective logging tool!
- A.S.M.A. B.V.
- 8.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Marco Altini 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.