** Special introductory price **
Heartbeats is the ultimate sporting app. It's built from the ground up to integrate seamless with any Bluetooth heart monitor and report your current heart rate, workout time, calories burnt, running distance and speed. It stores your workout data and allows to export into Runkeeper's Healthgraph.
When you have a Pebble watch (either Pebble Classic or the new Pebble Time - in color!), the information is shown own your watch as well, and you can pause and resume your activity right from your wrist.
At regular times, your workout summary is spoken out loud to notify you on your workout progress.
· heart rate from any Bluetooth Heart Rate monitor
· calculates calories burnt, running distance and speed
· integrates with Pebble Smartwatch (getpebble.com)
· integrates with Runkeeper Healthgraph to store your activities
· Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
· Heartbeats has been tested successfully with Polar HR7, Wahoo Fitness, Zephyr HxM BT, Beets Blu.
· In order for Heartbeats to show the heart rate, a Bluetooth heart rate monitor is required.
· in order for the Pebble integration to work, the official Pebble app needs to be installed on your iPhone/iPod Touch.
Ratings and Reviews
Works like a charm
I use it every workout. It pairs automatically with my Polar chest strap heart monitor and gives me a readable, uncluttered, color coded accurate heart rate. I don't give it a 5 because it seems to have a bug where it gives me voice feedback on an endless walk that I can't turn off.
I was really excited to try this out after getting my Pebble. Despite what the other reviews said, I dropped $2.99 on the app. Everyone else speaks true- the app does not hold a Bluetooth connection, it would not speak the audible queues, you cannot turn off the GPS, it just doesn't work. What a waste of $3.
Nice app when it works
I was able to use the app successfully the first time I installed it.
It hasn't worked since.
I've tried power cycling the devices (iPhone 6, Pebble Classic watch, Scoche Rythm+ HRM) to no avail.
I have also tried reinstalling the Heartbeats app and the issue persists.
The iOS Health app reads my HRM successfully, but Heartbeats app does not any longer.
I don't believe anything has changed (no updates).
Not sure what the problem is, but it would be nice to have a fix because it USA nice app when it works.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.