Do you want to read your news using RSS & Atom feeds in the most efficient, no-nonsense way, and with no requirement to setup an app-specific user account? If you do, Heartfeed might be the app for you.
- A compact grid view for your feeds, making it easy to check all of them at once
- Night mode theme
- When reading news in the internal browser, full support of your configured content blockers, saved passwords, etc
- Automatic synching of subscribed feeds and read status between iOS devices (requires an iCloud account)
- Bookmarks, including reading them from either inside Heartfeed or from any iOS or macOS browser (requires an iCloud account)
- Subscribing to feeds from the current Heartfeed top list, from files, or directly from the web
- Full support for split views and multi-tasking on iPads
The free version supports up to 3 feeds. You can always add any number of feeds to your feed list but at any given time, only the first 3 in the list will be shown in the main view. This is so you can try out the app to see if it suits your need before paying anything. To enable viewing an unlimited number of feeds (if you need it), there is a one-time fee.
I hope you'll enjoy using the app!
- Fixed preview images for some feeds (e.g. for certain BBC feeds)
- Added more keyboard shortcuts
Ratings and Reviews
I loved Pulse way back before it was acquired by LinkedIn, and was never satisfied with any other newsreader until I found Heartfeed. I hate all those awful apps that try to predict what you want to read, because they never get it right.
This app is the real deal, and I wish more apps on the app store were as simple and straightforward as this app.
Most efficient newsreader
You can review the most news you are interested in in the least amount of time. I suggest the developer make a simple graphically enhanced discovery page with an index of popular feeds so users without experience in rss can just easily add interesting feeds. This should help explode the use.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the kind words, and I agree with the discovery of feeds; that's by far the weakest spot of the app in my opinion. I'm working on adding something like you suggested, and in the latest version I've included some foundation so that I later on can help with discovery.
Finally, a suitable replacement for Pulse
I’ve lamented the loss of Pulse to LinkedIn for years. This is the first app I’ve seen that replaces it with a similar look and feel, and most importantly, works well. Already updated for Xs Max resolution. Highly recommended for all former pulse users.
- Simon Wigzell
- 8.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Simon Wigzell
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited feeds $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.