Blizzard’s award-winning card battler – experience the magic, mischief and mayhem with your friends.
Requires an Internet connection and iPhone 5, iPod touch 6th Generation, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad mini 2 or newer.
DECEPTIVELY SIMPLE. INSANELY FUN.
Pick up your cards and throw down the gauntlet! In Hearthstone, you play the hero in a fast-paced, whimsical card game of cunning strategy. In minutes, you’ll be unleashing powerful cards to sling spells, summon minions, and seize control of an ever-shifting battlefield. Whether it’s your first card game or you’re an experienced pro, the depth and charm of Hearthstone will draw you in.
JUMP RIGHT IN: Fun introductory missions bring you into the world of Hearthstone’s intuitive gameplay.
BUILD YOUR DECK: With hundreds of additional cards to win and craft - your collection grows with you.
HONE YOUR SKILLS: Play in practice matches against computer-controlled heroes of the Warcraft universe. Thrall, Uther, Gul’dan - they’re all here!
COLLECTION TRAVELS WITH YOU: Your card collection is linked to your Battle.net account - enabling you to switch your play between tablet and desktop with ease.
AND FIGHT FOR GLORY: When you’re ready, step into the Arena and duel other players for the chance to win awesome prizes!
Post feedback about the game in our forums:
* Español (Latinoamérica)
* Español (Europa)
* Русский (Russian)
* 한국어 (Korean)
* 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese)
* 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese)
* 日本語 (Japanese)
* ไทย (Thai)
© 2018 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. Hearthstone, Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S., and/or other countries.
In this Hearthstone update we’re decorating the Tavern for a spooky Hallow’s End event that includes a special guest: the new Paladin Hero Sir Annoy-o! We’re also adding New Player Ranks, giving the Welcome Bundle a scaly facelift, adding new Daily Quests, fixing some bugs, and more.
Read on for details!
Hallow’s End Returns!
The Headless Horseman returns with a Hallow’s End celebration that’s trickier and treatier than ever!
* Hallow’s End begins October 17 and lasts through October 31.
* Get a FREE golden Witch’s Cauldron card just for logging in during the event!
* Special Hallow’s End decorations and emotes.
* Dual Class Arena – Build your Arena deck with cards from two different Classes!
* The Headless Horseman returns to Tavern Brawl, and fearsome foes from the Monster Hunt join the fun in a new Tavern Brawl the following week!
New Player Ranks
* New Ranks from Rank 50 to 26 for new players only.
* New players can earn a total of 22 free packs just by ranking up in New Player Ranks, so it’s a great time to introduce a friend to Hearthstone!
** Earn 3 free Classic card packs by reaching milestones at Rank 45, 40, 35, and 30. Upon graduating up to Rank 25, earn 2 Classic card packs, and 2 packs each of the most recent four Hearthstone expansions.
Welcome Bundle Refresh
* This roaring deal includes 10 Classic card packs, and one of six Legendary dragons from the Classic set (instead of a random Class legendary).
* Even if you purchased a Welcome Bundle in the past, you can still purchase this one!
New Daily Quests
* "Spells are Fun!" Cast 40 spells. Reward: 60 gold.
* "Draw!" Draw 20 cards. Reward: 50 gold.
* "Full Northshire" Draw 30 cards. Reward: 60 gold.
* "Are We There Yeti?" Take 20 turns. Reward: 50 gold.
* "Time Warp Again" Take 30 turns. Reward: 60 gold.
For a full list of bug fixes and gameplay improvements, visit www.playhearthstone.com
Ratings and Reviews
Blizzard’s first iOS game takes the form of a wonderfully robust card battler. Hearthstone's gameplay strikes an enchanting balance—it's easy enough for anyone to pick up in short sessions, yet deep enough to keep the experience feeling fresh. Whether you're practicing against the computer or creating your own intricate deck of minions, Hearthstone gleams with the polish of premier development.
The game is very fun. The only downfall is the amount of space it takes up and the wonky nerfs that get put out occasionally. The game is fun and every class has something unique. You don’t need to pay any money to earn cards and logging in daily grands a very steady flow of gold. Your starter deck is fairly decent and can win you games so you can actually progress in the games. The expansions are easier to but but if that’s not an option you can save your gold up to buy it. The game is more fun to play with friends as queing into priest or mage can be annoying as blizzard is to key on nerfing them. However with smart deck building they can be beaten as every class has a few very powerful decks. The dust system for cards is a little wonky because you only get a quarter of the dust you spend on the cards which makes the cards difficult to make unless you just drop 10$ on 7 packs. The last notable point is that the prices on packs are a little inflated as for 10$ you get 35 cards and since it’s all rng there is a good chance all you’ll get is 1 or 2 epics a couple rares and a bunch a commons. So the card crafting system could use some work. In all the game is really fun and with its flaws I would suggest it. I wouldn’t listen to most reviews that claim the game as a money grab as at its core it’s not even though the prices are a little high. It’s more fun the longer you play and it’s definitely a game to play with friends.
Haters gonna Hate
Hearthstone is an incredible game. The depth of gameplay is tremendous for a free-to-play. I’m not exactly sure what people expect to get for FREE. The amount of content that is available at absolutely no cost makes HS a compelling part of my daily routine (don’t want to miss the FREE gold for completing the daily quest. Let me try an analogy: I can go outside with a friend and play baseball for free, just pick up a stick and a small rock and we’re in business. If we had a bat and a ball and maybe a glove or two it would still be fun (maybe more fun) but we definitely would be better at it. Is the sporting goods store supposed to GIVE me the bat, ball, and gloves for nothing? Or will I have to buy them...
And regarding skill level, a professional baseball player would whoop up on me playing with a stick and a rock; same equipment, different skill level. Same thing applies to HS. Thankfully, the ranking system mitigates this a bit. I play it because it’s fun and I spend a little money because that makes it more fun. For me.
I admit I pre-order every expansion. It’s a good price for the number of cards/dust you get. And relative to other forms or entertainment ($15 for a movie, $60 ($90 with DLC) for a video game) I really get my money’s worth. I’m actually tempted to calculate the per hour entertainment value of all of my options but it would cut into my HS (and Fallout) time!
- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
- 2.8 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Arena Admission $1.99
- Bundle of 7 Classic Packs $9.99
- Bundle of 2 Classic Packs $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.