By NeverBored Studios
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"Classic card game, clean and simple ... BEST version in App Store!"
VIDEO DEMO at support site (gethearts.com)
• Multiple variations of rules.
• Easy to use for both experts and beginners.
• Full animation and sound effects.
• Intelligent computer players.
• Tracks number of games played and won.
What's New in Version 1.4
We’ve listened to your feedback and made a lot of changes in this latest update:
- it is now easier to access the options
- it is easier to send questions and suggestions to us
- cards taken by North aren't blocked by scores
- you can now view scores during a hand
- the score display has been rearranged in a more logical manner with your score listed on the right
- the winning score is shown along with the winner(s)
- you can now reset your stats for the current period
- compatibility issues with old versions of OS X (10.6.x) have been addressed
- compatibility issues with an OS X 10.12.x update have been addressed
We will continue listening to your suggestions, so look forward to more improvements in the next update.
Passing cards needs revamping
(1) Why low spades are passed is beyond me. No one that is a winner passes low spades. Even if you are attempting to shoot the moon, passing of low spades is just a give away of one’s intetnions. I’ve found that when your algorithms pass me low spades, the one passing them is NOT attempting to shoot the moon. I’ve four different applications of HEARTS and none of the others pass small spades. (2) Also, when cards are passed those being received are not on display very long. I should have some time to recognize what was passed and assmilate a strategy as to why they were passed to me. Hold the passed cards to be distinctive until I play my first card on the two of clubs. (3) It would be nice to see both the running scores and the hand scores throughout the game. I dislike having to go to a separate page to see if a heart has been played yet. For some of us that are older our retention is concerning.
I’ve won 15 of 18 games, most by ridiculous margins. Passes can be counted on to pass the highest cards in their hand. I have received three aces in a pass; also king, queen, ace. During the game, opponents can be counted on the dump their high cards asap, without regard to me shooting. I appreciate the spartan layout. I don’t need to be entertained by my opponents, nor do I require sound effects. I’d just like opponents who know how to play. I wonder if this is by design so new players aren’t frustrated. If so, how about easy, medium hard settings?
Pretty Straightforward & Fun
This version is very straightforward and a fun diversion even though the computer is fairly predictable, even at the pro level. I still swear the computer decides what to pass me after it knows what I’m passing ,,, but you’ll have to ask the developer if that’s the way it’s programmed.