HeartWise Blood Pressure Tracker for iPad
By SwEng L.L.C.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
There is a reason our iPhone version is the highest-rated Medical App - with a full five stars! More than 500 ratings and reviews are clear - HeartWise is the easiest-to-use application for quickly recording and keeping track of your blood pressure, resting heart rate, and weight. HeartWise for iPad has buult-in visualization that quickly shows you trends over time, and detailed analysis and statistics show you how your blood pressure fluctuates on a daily basis.
* Featured in Apple's "What's Hot" List
* #1 Healthcare & Fitness App
Our powerful statistics and hourly averages chart are unmatched by any competing App and give you unprecedented visualization of how your blood pressure changes over the course of an average day and over time. Candlestick-chart style range lines show maximums and minimums in addition to simple averages and color coding clearly shows elevated risk levels.
- Featured in Apple's "What's Hot" List.
- Highest rated Medical App on iPhone - a full Five Stars!!!
- The #1 Medical App for iPhone (11/25/09).
To use HeartWise, simply measure your blood pressure in the normal manner and type in the results. HeartWise records and calculates statistics for:
- Systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Mean Arterial Pressure, a key statistic that represents your average blood pressure.
- Resting heart rate (pulse).
- Weight (pounds or kilograms) and Body Mass Index (BMI)
HeartWise has a simple, streamlined interface that lets you input data in seconds, and the touch of a button gives you details about how your blood pressure - and your heath - changes over time. A centralized chart page show you trends visually.
Finally, HeartWise has a fully capable export feature that allows you to send your data as a spreadsheet directly from your phone. You can send your blood pressure, pulse, and weight history to yourself - or even your doctor - import that data easily using most common spreadsheet applications.
- An elegant data entry screen that is seamlessly intuitive.
- Separate tracking of blood pressure, resting heart rate, and weight.
- Automatic calculation of Mean Arterial Pressure (a key statistic that represents your average blood pressure), Pulse Pressure, and Body Mass Index.
- Detailed statistics reporting shows how your blood pressure and other measurements change over time.
- Support for weight measurements in Imperial (pounds) or metric units (kilograms).
- Clear, crisp charts with a quick "camera" feature to save high-resolution copies to your photo library!
- Improved export features allow you to export your data as a comma-separated-value list that can be imported into almost any spreadsheet application!
Try HeartWise today, as an important step towards managing your blood pressure. HeartWise - for a healthier heart!
WE'RE LISTENING TO YOU!
We're already at work on the next improvement! We're not a big, rich software company, but we ARE dedicated to our users and we're listening! Keep contacting us, and we'll keep responding to what you want.
* This application is an INFORMATION RECORDING TOOL ONLY and is not intended to diagnose, prevent, or recommend treatment for any disease or illness. This application is not intended for or certified for medical use. Consult your doctor for informed medical advice about your blood pressure and health.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
- Corrected intermittent problem for some users causing crash on export.
- Fixes for some rotational issues.
- Date input now controller by popovers.
- All ponts on charts are now touch-selectable and pop up record details.
- Spanish language support.
Great App, with the Potential to be Outstanding
Much appreciated application, foremost in that it encourages me to test & record my blood pressure & heart rate regularly; also, it's intuitive & attractive, and the export data aspect is extremely useful. I strongly appreciate the section in which one can enter their own comments regarding a reading, such as mood, meds and other aspects that affect a reading. Would be really great to have a separate section, perhaps in the area of the setup where one inputs their height, for logging all regular/daily medicines/vitamins, which I feel would complete this app with regard to being a health record, and at that point would allow one to use the comments box to make note of changes/additions to one's daily med regimen, rather than noting the whole thing every time.
Other suggested improvements, based on my experience & reading others' comments, would be to verify accuracy of mean data, create a way to edit/correct previously inputted data and provide password protection. Also, I haven't found a place in the data-viewing tabs that displays the whole of the comment that one records alongside their data, which I feel should be fixed.
Overall, a lovely, simple & clean, very useful application with outstanding potential to be something far greater still.
Very good app
Quite a good app. Some suggested improvements: easier data editing, trend lines for predictions, optional capability to track blood sugar levels for diabetics or tracking of other medical conditions/data (perhaps capability for user-defined data and plotting), basic calculator for averaging multiple measurements (I typically take three blood pressure readings and average them to obtain given data points), don't limit user to view only week, month, or year ranges (permit user-defined date ranges for viewing and for averages over the user-defined ranges), provide more detailed statistics and comparisons to external databases, provide age-cohort, body-type, weight comparisons, provide multiple-user capability with basic user data (date-of-birth, gender, body type, medical conditions/issues, family history, etc.), provide a calorie intake tracker/counter and plotter, interface with Polar heart-rate monitor data--either directly from the watch or from software on base PC, exercise calorie-expenditure tracker, medication dose tracker. I would gladly pay significantly more for your app to provide these additional capabilities, and my sense is such an app would find a friendly reception at hospitals, medical schools, etc.
I used the iPhone version for many months and have accumulated at least two readings a day. I purchased the iPad version only to find there is no import function like the iPhone version. Who wants to hand enter historical readings. Beyond this omission there is no additional features beyond the iPhone version other than using the larger screen. If you already paid for the iPhone version don't bother. Even on the iPhone version their backup/restore features is had to get to work and is quite picky about the type of line feed characters, which means I had to process the data through a text editor and change the line feeds from Mac to Windows.
I wrote to the company and they never bothered to answer me. I know iOS apps are priced low but why bother to build into an App how to contact them if they are going to ignore you. Also they have not updated this app in over a year so they just seem to be milking it.
I have now switched the iBP app, where one app works on both the iPhone and iPad and you can easily sync your data between the two via WiFi. When I had a issue I wrote to iBP and they answered my email within a day. Such a bigger difference between the two companies prompted me to write this review.