All people should check their hearing from time to time, especially those who are at a higher risk of hearing loss such as adults above 50 years, those working in noisy places, those listening to music at high volumes for long periods of time and those experiencing ear problems.
Services for early identification and intervention should be made available through the health system.
| Want to connect with hearWHO |
Check out our website: https://www.who.int
Like and Follow us on Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/WHO/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WHO
| Limitations |
The accuracy of your test results will depend on the type of headphones you use, as well as the ambient noise level. The results we provide are intended as a first step in testing your hearing. Please always seek advice from a medical professional.
1. If your result from using hearWHO was not favourable, we strongly recommend you
obtain a complete hearing evaluation by a certified service provider / medical
professional to determine your exact hearing status.
2. Even if your results are in the positive range but you have concerns about your hearing,
we encourage you to seek a complete hearing evaluation performed by a certified
service provider / medical professional.
3. Whilst the test has a reasonable degree of accuracy, it is only intended as a screening
test, with a small proportion of cases that may be incorrectly classified.
4. The WHO and hearX Group will not be held responsible or liable for any results that are
incorrect or for your use of the application.
5. hearWHO is only intended for use by persons 16 years of age and above. The test is not
intended to be used for children and will not provide reliable results in such cases.
6. A visit to a certified service provider can assist in differentiating between different types
of hearing problems.
7. Hearing loss may be caused by obstruction of the outer ear canal from wax, fluid or
changes in the structure or function of the middle ear system, and changes in function of
the nervous system.
8. Some of these hearing problems can be treated whilst others may be permanent and
may need assistive devices.
9. It is important to consult with a certified service provider early; all forms of hearing loss
may become more serious is they are left unaddressed.
- App crashes after headphone check whilst loading audio files
Ratings and Reviews
I really love the concept of the app, but there is a current bug. Whenever I get to the put earbuds part the app crashes and logs me out,,, maybe their is something that I’m doing wrong, but to me it seams as if the app is crashing. I’m sure that once that bug is fixed the app will be amazing and a great help to people all around the world.
Developer Response ,
We apologize that you are experiencing some problems with the application. Please note that all crashes and bugs are reported and changes implemented in a timely manner. As soon as an update is available, this error should not be happening anymore. You’re welcome to inform us, should this problem persist at email@example.com. We invite you to try the screening again once the release is active, because knowing your hearing status is important to ensure continued healthy hearing.
The hearX Group team
Not Sure It’s Working
I am a speech-Language pathologist. I scored 79 on my first try and 48 on my second try. With such a significant discrepancy between scores, I’m not sure how reliable the result is. I’m going to try it a third time now...
Doesn’t work with wireless
I would love to use and share this app since I work with children with hearing loss and promote good audiological management. Sadly it doesn’t allow you to proceed using wireless headphones. It seems like it might be a fantastic resource if you can plug in your headphones.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! We apologize that you are experiencing some problems with the application. Please note that all crashes and bugs are reported and changes implemented in a timely manner. As soon as an update is available, this error should not be happening anymore. You’re welcome to inform us, should this problem persist at firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite you to try the screening again once the release is active, because knowing your hearing status is important to ensure continued healthy hearing.
The hearX Group team
- HEARX GROUP (PTY) LTD
- 22.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 World Health Organisation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.