Heavy Bag Workout Box 4 Fitness
By Peter Rogers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Box 4 Fitness - Heavy Bag Workout is a Fitness app that gives the most incredible workout with your own pro boxing coach. Get lean, toned and strong whilst boxing your way from Novice to Pro!!
The app provides:
- detailed instructions and audio coaching 100% along the way, even between rounds!!
- instructional videos
You get all this in the palm of your hand and your own professional boxing coach, Rick Sweeny, in your ear to keep you motivated, keep you improving your skills and to give you an overall body workout that is unbeatable!
- Single round workouts (2 and 3 minutes) - you punch along to the punches called out by your coach
- multi round workouts, up to 10 round workouts where you get to control how long your rests are (30 or 60 seconds) and how long the rounds are (2 or 3 mins). Work all your way up to a 10 round workout with 3 minute rounds and 30 second break for the ultimate workout!!!!
Works great with your music library: the app cleverly balances the volume between the coaching and your music - the perfect balance that will keep you motivated round after round!!
Benefits of Heavy Bag Training:
1. Improve Body Shape
2. Improve Aerobic Fitness
3. Improve Power
4. Improve Coordination & Core Stability
5. Develop Self Defense Skills
6. Decrease Stress
7. Low cost - just the bag, wraps and gloves for your hands and this app!
Who's Rick Sweeney?
Your personal coach, Rick Sweeney, was born June 8, 1959. He boxed as an amateur from 1982-1986, with a 10-2 record. He was Adirondack Golden Gloves champion at 152 lbs. in 1985.
Rick became a professional in 1986 with a 2-0 record, before opening Sweeney’s Boxing in 1994.
He’s been vice president of amateur boxing in the Adirondack region since 2004.
He’s a professional and amateur boxing trainer, cut man, and promoter, as well as a fitness and weight loss trainer.
Rick has trained such fighters as Frank Houghtaling when he won the IBC America’s title and New York State’s junior middle-weight title, and Teresa Perozzi when she won the NABC women’s world title in Bermuda and defended it in Sweden.
He’s worked the corner in 7 title fights, and he’s the trainer of former WIBC Light Welterweight champ Sarah Kuhn, currently in the top ten in the world in the welterweight class.
What's New in Version 1.5
Thanks to all our great feedback, we have increased the number or rounds from 5 back up to 10*. We reduced the amount previously to try and keep the size of the app down, but our feedback suggests that having all 10 rounds is far more important to our users.
To summarize, this app now has:
- 10x3 minute rounds for right handers;
- 10x2 minute rounds for right handers;
- 5x3 minute rounds for left handers; and
- 5x2 minutes rounds for left handers (lefties can still select a 10 round work out, some of the rounds will just be repeated)
This is as well as technique and hand wrap video in both English and Spanish.
We have left the order or the rounds to be random so that workouts are nice and varied. This seems to be the preferred choice to keep the motivation up through a long workout, though we are monitoring feedback and will listen if people request this be set to a sequential order (we may actually create this as a setting that can be controlled, ie the ability to turn 'Random order: on/off')
Thanks for all the great feedback and please keep sending it through and we'll keep listening and implementing.
* (currently 10 unique rounds, at both 2 and 3 minutes just for right handers, we will be recording the extra 5 rounds for left handers very soon!!)
Great app for heavy bag !!
Great work out.
Great app! Please more lefty rounds
Absolutely love the app. Please record some more Southpaw rounds.
Works up a sweat
Great upper body workout. Recommend watching a video to get the idea of punches first. Would have rated it 5 stars if it added kicking too. I just use the last round for kicks.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 08, 2014
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 171 MB
- Languages: English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Seller: Peter Rogers
- © 2013 Pete Rogers & Rick Sweeney
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.