By Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Heavy Brass delivers the most flexible and innovative approach to modern brass sounds ever provided by a virtual MIDI instrument!¹ With this ultimate brass app your productions and live performances will gain such powerful and amazing tone you previously were only able to retrieve from a real brass section!
This app contains the following instruments: Trumpet, Trombone and Saxophone sampled in four different brass sections.
Watch and listen to the demo video on our product website!
Minimum requirement: at least iPad 3 / iPad Air 1 / iPad mini 2.
This app supports Audio Unit v3, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus, so you can directly use it with other apps as well! External MIDI keyboards and controllers are supported as well of course, both via Lightning/USB cable connection, as well as wireless via Bluetooth LE MIDI.¹
There are 3 fundamental sound categories: „Singles“, „Switches“ and „Combis“, where „Switch Sounds“ allow you to either switch or crossfade between configurable articulations. Some „Combi Sounds“ allow you to switch or crossfade between predefined articulations as well.
24 Single Sounds:
Solo Trumpet, Solo Sax, Solo Trombone, Heavy Brass 1-4, Section 1, Section 2, Section 3, Section 4, Crescendo, Growl, Doiks, Shaker 1, Shaker 2, Staccato 1, Staccato 2, Staccato Sax 1, Staccato Sax 2, Falls 1, Falls 2, Falls 3, Falls 4.
Five base sounds: Section 1, Section 2, Section 3, Section 4 and Crescendo, which are switchable or crossfadeable to four alternative articulations: Shaker, Growl, Doiks or Falls.
16 Combi Sounds:
Sections Velocity Layer 1, Sections Velocity Layer 2, Sections Velocity Layer 3, Sections Velocity Layer 4, Sections Velocity Layer 5, Sections Velocity Layer 6, Sections Modwheel Layer 1, Sections Modwheel Layer 2, Staccato Layer 1, Staccato Layer 2, Staccato Round Robin 1, Staccato Round Robin 2, Staccato Round Robin 3, Sections & Staccato Round Robin 1, Sections & Staccato Round Robin 2, Sections & Staccato Round Robin 3.
- Low latency disk streaming.
- Polyphony up to several hundred stereo voices.²
- Configurable audio latency down to 5 ms.
- Integrated effects with 18 presets.
- 16 parts.
- Provides Audio Unit v3 plugin version of this app, which allows it to be used as virtual instrument directly within third-party multi-track DAW apps.
- Support for Apple's "Inter-App Audio" system (iOS 7 or higher).
- Audiobus support (iOS 7 or higher).
- JACK Audio Connection Kit support (up to iOS 6.1.3).
- MIDI velocity response curve editor.
- Scale tuning editor.
- App can keep running in the background, so you can play on your keyboard while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
- Virtual on-screen piano keyboard with velocity support, scalable & scrollable.
MIDI Player / Recorder:
- Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
- Unlimited amount of tracks.
- Configurable target MIDI channel per track.
- Unlimited recording and playback length.
- Open MIDI (.mid) files directly from other apps (i.e. from Safari, Mail).
- Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes.
- Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it.
- Use the "Tempo Zoom" dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily.
¹ For more information about supported adapters and MIDI keyboards, please visit our product website.
² Various sounds are using several voices per note. Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.
What's New in Version 1.2.3
• Fixes an issue of the Audio Unit Plug-in version which caused misbehaviors like random audio artifacts, noise and AU crashes under certain conditions.
• Fixes minor graphical issue.
Hoping for a few more features... would like to control length of swells. Is there a way to do this? Would be great to select which instruments are in combos.
Getting pro sounding results already, tho...
Still my favorite. Thank you Crudebyte!!
Punchy brass with lots of character and control. Very nicely executed and easy to use with Auria, Cubasis, etc. Auv3 usage much improved. Zero issues since updating.
The Funk brass app I've been looking for!
I'm a professional keyboardist pushing the iPad tech edge by performing using keyboards as controllers to control 8 iPad app Synths and samplers live. Until now, I have built great sounding horn sections by using separate instrument samples and layering them through my virtual patch bay to create a horn section. While this has sounded very realistic, it eats up much of my patch bay space, limiting other instrumentation. Heavy Brass resolves that beautifully. With just one patch using only one virtual patch bay slot I get that same amazing power horn sound leaving the other slots free. And it sounds incredible. For MIDI users, the program shows the PC MIDI code for each sound patch - I've not seen another app do this and I love this feature. I tested it recently at a show for a very large crowd and it performed flawlessly. This app sounds amazing, is very MIDI friendly and is completely stable - I've seen no crashes. Lastly, the developers are very responsive to questions and comments. I give this 5 stars - easily!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 25, 2017
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 363 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
- © 2015-2017 Crudebyte
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.