Hi, we're Jonas, Trevor, and Dan, the crew behind Hello Weather. There are a million weather apps out there, and they're all overloaded with ugly ads, confusing interfaces, and stupid gimmicks. We think that stinks, so we made the antidote—a straightforward, no-nonsense app that’s a joy to use!
Five reasons why you’ll love planning your day with Hello Weather...
1. All the info you need is right in your face.
Our gorgeous, information-rich design shows you everything that matters in one simple screen. You’ll see the current conditions and future forecast in an instant.
2. You won’t waste time looking at useless stuff.
Hello Weather intelligently adapts to changing conditions. When it's stormy, you’ll see all the relevant details right upfront. When conditions improve, it’s all tucked neatly out of the way again.
3. You’ll get predictions you can trust.
Hello Weather is more than a pretty face. It’s powered by the world’s best data sources: Dark Sky, AccuWeather, Weather Underground, and The Weather Channel. Pick the provider that's best in your area, or switch back and forth to compare. (Upgrade required.)
4. You don’t need to be a weather expert.
What does barometric pressure mean? Is the dewpoint good or bad? We translated those esoteric stats into human words, so you’ll know how it really feels outside.
5. It’ll make you smile.
We filled the app with tons of thoughtful little touches to brighten your day. You’ll love the beautiful color themes, automatic night mode, and sweet secret extras.
And that's not all…
• Radar’s built right in.
When a storm's a-brewin', we've got your back! Our powerful radar tab shows you exactly what's headed your way. (Available in the US, UK, Europe, Canada, Japan, and Australia. Upgrade required.)
• Made with <3 by a tiny indie company.
We pour a lot of love into our app, and we take great care of our customers. We're always just an email or tweet away, and we love hearing from you!
Here's what the experts say:
"Easily the best weather app on the market."
— Ben Brooks, The Brooks Review
"An easy, straightforward weather app that shows you just what you need to know."
"Hello Weather strips it down to the essence."
"Very smart, with a clean layout and readable graphs. It eschews complexity without limiting information."
"Well designed and clearly made with love, with lots of delightful little details throughout.
— Tools and Toys"
Hello Weather's FREE forever and it’s only $4.99/year for the Pro stuff.
• No ads or gimmicks!
• Simple and easy to read forecasts.
• Automatic color themes (cold, warm, hot) and night mode.
• Unlimited saved locations.
• Powered by Dark Sky.
• Weather Units customization.
Join our Fan Club for $4.99/year and get:
• Radar (US, UK, Europe, Canada, Japan, and Australia only)
• Forecast data sources: switch to Accuweather, Weather Underground, or The Weather Channel.
• Real-time precipitation estimates (US, UK, and Ireland only)
• Night mode controls.
• Custom Home Screen icons.
• Other secret stuff!
If you decide to join our Fan Club and upgrade for extra features, here are the details:
• You'll be charged $4.99/year on a renewing basis.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew each year, unless you turn off auto-renewal at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged $4.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscription and renewal settings, or discontinue your subscription by going to Account Settings after purchase. (Or just hit the "Change subscription" button inside Hello Weather.)
Thanks so much for trying Hello Weather! We hope you like it. <3
== Vastly Improved Radar Edition (3.4) ==
Oh hey there! We've been keeping busy this summer, drinking mojitos, and making a SUPER GOOD RADAR for you all. Here's the scoop…
• International Support: This is big! All of you in the UK, Europe, and Japan now get precipitation radar, just like our friends in the US, Canada, and Australia.
• Tons of Map Layers: Along with precipitation info, we now have map layers for cloud cover, temperatures, wind, dewpoint, watches & warnings, and tropical storm tracks. Ooo wee!
• Better Quality: Our old radar was — uh — kinda fuzzy. The new one is lovely and high res. You'll zoom in on rain storms because it looks so nice now.
• Customization: We've got lots of options for tweaking little details, like zoom level, map styles, and animations. Tweeeeeeeak!
There are a few other small touches we think you'll enjoy—let us know if you do! And as always, thanks so much for supporting Hello Weather. Keep an eye out for more great updates coming soon.
(P.S. all radar features are available to Fan Club members only. Upgrade now for just $4.99/year!)
Ratings and Reviews
Lovely Weather App
The design is beautiful and uncluttered since there are no ads. I checked out several weather apps in a day and this was my favorite by far. I appreciate being able to change the source of the weather information. You can also choose the colors of the app icon on your home screen to make it easier to find, which is great since so many apps use the same color schemes and look similar. I also love the night mode of the app, which automatically shifts the color theme to be darker and easier on your eyes in the evenings.
I do wish the (paid) fan club came with a few more more perks or was a one time purchase instead of a subscription. I purchased the subscription because I am happy to support the lovely app once, but If there aren’t more things added to the app by the time my annual subscription ends, I will probably not pay for an additional year.
Keeping it simple
Hello Weather has jumped to the top tier among my favorite weather apps. The clean, uncluttered interface is organized in a way that makes information easy to read and understand. “Right now” and “Later today…” sections dominate the forecast screen with details and radar always just a tap or a swipe away. Multiple data sources is a plus. The developers have put a lot of thought and work into this, really sweating the usability instead of rushing to add lots of new features. That said, here’s a short list of the enhancements I hope are in the pipeline:
Push notifications for significant weather, gov’t. alerts, etc.
Quicker access to current location through the use of strategically placed location arrows.
Weather alerts are currently accessed by tapping a gray box below the “Right now” section. The ubiquitous red alert triangle used by most other apps would stand out more and better complement the design.
I originally advocated for access to additional icon sets, but later discovered that the developers have created an expansive set of custom icons that offer a more detailed and nuanced representation of conditions than any other app I’ve tested.
This is a really good weather app that I suspect will keep getting better.
First of all, I have used all of the highly rated weather apps on the App Store in search of something that covers all my needs. This app comes very close. The home screen layout of information is the best I’ve seen. I have reached out to add pollen count so we will see how that goes. The dark mode is awesome and pure black is a great plus for my iPhone X. One great option is the ability to switch the source your info comes from, a great comparison tool. I work outside so accuracy is key. The use great sources too (dark sky, weather underground, accuweather, weather channel, and more!) the radar is basic and not up to par with other apps, something I also reached out about, but it’s ok. Ability to change speed of radar and look a few hours into the future would make this app stand above the rest.
Thanks! We're definitely working on some radar improvements, stay tuned for those :)
- Pop State Co
- 13.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Pop State Co
- In-App Purchases
- Fan Club Membership $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.