Hi, we're Jonas, Trevor, and Dan, the crew behind Hello Weather. There are a million weather apps out there, and they're all overloaded with ugly ads, confusing interfaces, and stupid gimmicks. We think that stinks, so we made the antidote—a straightforward, no-nonsense app that’s a joy to use.
Five reasons why you’ll love planning your day with Hello Weather...
1. All the info you need is right in your face.
Our gorgeous, information-rich design shows you everything that matters in one simple screen. You’ll see the current conditions and future forecast in an instant.
2. You won’t waste time looking at useless stuff.
Hello Weather intelligently adapts to changing conditions. When it's stormy, you’ll see all the relevant details right upfront. When conditions improve, it’s all tucked neatly out of the way again.
3. You’ll get predictions you can trust.
Hello Weather is more than a pretty face. It’s powered by the world’s best data sources: Dark Sky, AccuWeather, The Weather Company, and AerisWeather. Pick the provider that's best in your area, or switch back and forth to compare. (Upgrade required.)
4. You don’t need to be a weather expert.
What does barometric pressure mean? Is the dewpoint good or bad? We translated those esoteric stats into human words, so you’ll know how it really feels outside.
5. It’ll make you smile.
We filled the app with tons of thoughtful little touches to brighten your day. You’ll love the beautiful color themes, automatic night mode, and sweet secret extras.
And that's not all…
• Radar’s built right in.
When a storm's a-brewin', we've got your back! Our powerful radar tab shows you exactly what's headed your way. (Available in the US, UK, Europe, Canada, Japan, and Australia.)
• Apple Watch app, complications, and widgets too!
See the same great forecasts at a quick glance on your wrist or Today screen.
• Made with <3 by a tiny indie company.
We pour a lot of love into our app, and we take great care of our customers. We're always just an email or tweet away, and we love hearing from you!
Here's what the experts say:
"An easy, straightforward weather app that shows you just what you need to know."
"Hello Weather strips it down to the essence."
"Very smart, with a clean layout and readable graphs. It eschews complexity without limiting information."
"Well designed and clearly made with love, with lots of delightful little details throughout.
— Tools and Toys"
Hello Weather's FREE forever and it’s only $6.99/year for the Pro stuff.
• No ads or gimmicks!
• Simple and easy to read forecasts.
• Automatic color themes (cold, warm, hot) and night mode.
• Unlimited saved locations.
• Powered by Dark Sky.
• Weather Units customization.
Join our Fan Club for $6.99/year and get:
• Radar (US, UK, Europe, Canada, Japan, and Australia only)
• Apple Watch app and complications
• Forecast data sources: switch to Dark Sky, Accuweather, The Weather Company, or AerisWeather
• Real-time precipitation estimates (US, UK, and Ireland only)
• Night mode controls
• Custom Home Screen icons
• Other secret stuff!
If you decide to upgrade for extra features, here are the details:
• You'll be charged $6.99/year on a renewing basis.
• Payment will be charged to your App Store account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew each year, unless you turn off auto-renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged $6.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscription by going to your App Store account settings after purchase. (Or just hit the "Change subscription" button inside Hello Weather.)
Thanks so much for trying Hello Weather! We hope you like it. <3
Bug fix time! We optimized and fixed a few issues with the new Apple Watch app. A couple other small things you'll notice:
• There's a new Synchronize button in the Apple Watch section of the Settings tab. If you're having any issues with seeing stale or incorrect info on your watch, tap that button and it'll clear things up!
• If you use the small complication on the Modular watch face, you'll notice we removed the ring around the temperature. (It turned out to be confusing and not that helpful!) We also fixed that complication to accurately reflect the current theme color.
Keep those bug reports coming, and we'll keep fixing 'em! Thanks y'all.
Ratings and Reviews
No Alerts? Radar functionality subpar, watch glitch
I thought for sure I was missing something when I went looking for notification/alert settings... surely a paid weather app must have basic alert functionality (even crappy free ones for iOS do...), yet I can’t find a thing under any settings. Severe weather has been popping up around me the last few days, but this app hasn’t let me know. If I go in and view the forecast, I can read the alerts for my area, but that’s it. If you view the watch/warning areas on the radar, it will just show you the colors which you’re supposed to decipher using the tiny/confusing key provided at the top- there isn’t a way to drop a pin in that watch/warning area to get the details of what’s going on (other apps provide this functionality even in their free versions). Also, I tried adding a small circle complication to one of my Apple Watch faces on the 40mm series 4 and it just displays as two hyphens... the info won’t ever load (even though all my other apps/complications work).
It looks really nice and I like that it aggregates and displays different sources, but for me, I feel like alerts/notifications and a high quality radar experience are a must for a weather app. Sad I spent money to figure that out. I’ve cancelled my subscription for now. Might renew if they add the above features (which are pretty much standard on several competing apps).
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for the feedback! We’re planning to add notifications some time in the future, and we’re still fixing a few bugs with the Watch app since it was just recently released. Hope you’ll give it another shot later on 👍
Is it worth buying? ABSOLUTELY
Let me start by mentioning things that we buy everyday that cost more than $4.99. A chipotle bowl with guacamole costs around $9, a chick fil a 4 chicken strip meal cost about $7, 1/2 a sandwich with soup cost around $6 at Panera and 3 scoops of ice cream anywhere cost around $5. For none of the above you think twice if you are going to buy it right? Once you are in line, what do you do? Pay for it. So if you are reading this is because you are interested in this amazing app so let me tell you it is worth investing in it.
So I already justified the $4.99. Now let’s move to the why? First, this app offers 5 different sources for weather information in a single app. If you wanted those sources, individually it would be over $15. Second, you can customize the color presentation of not even the app itself but even the logo. Third, it gives the information that is necessary for the average human being. A lot of apps do offer more info on the main screen but let’s be real here...does anyone care about anything else besides when is it going to rain/snow, what is the temperature and how windy it’s going to be? Nope. I am not saying this are the only things the app offers but you trying to keep things in perspective. Bottom line, give it a try.
- from someone that spent over $25 dollars already trying to look for the perfect weather app.
FYI - this is the second review I have ever done on a app so that just says how happy I am with it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review! Glad you’re digging the app 😁
Still Awesome After One Year 👍
So I have been using Hello Weather for a year now (as of this month), and I have to say it’s still an awesome app. The app is always reliable and always works, without all the clutter that most apps have. I really like the fact, that you can select other weather services to compare information (guys you need to keep that, because most apps don’t offer multiple weather sources). The developers also respond quickly to any recommendations, questions, and concerns, which really wins me over (a lot of apps NEVER respond to their customers). If you want a great weather app that is not only visually amazing, but accurate and has all the information without any unnecessary filler GET HELLO WEATHER. I will be renewing my yearly subscription soon! 👍 (and guys thanks for keeping the price reasonable, some weather apps are charging ridiculous amounts of money).
P.S. these guys are so awesome with this app I may just have to invite them for Christmas 👍🙂
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the sweet review! We can bring mashed potatoes for Christmas 😁
- Pop State Co
- 34.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Pop State Co
- In-App Purchases
- Hello Weather Fan Club $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.