HelloTalk Language Exchange Learning App
By HELLOTALK FOREIGN LANGUAGE EXCHANGE LEARNING TALK CHAT APP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HelloTalk, the 1st global language and culture exchange community, connects you with native speakers of other languages(English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, and 100 more), for FREE!
1. Search for people whose needs match yours
2. Practice your target language with native speakers via text/audio messages
3. Free audio and video call to better practice your listening and speaking skills
4. Share moments with other members and get Likes and Comments
5. Learning specific features: Translation, Transliteration, Grammar correction, Text to voice, and Voice recognition to improve your writing/speaking skills
6. It’s not curriculum based, it’s communication based. You have no homework. Instead, you’re having fun while learning.
*****IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ANOTHER CULTURE*****
When you learn a language with real people, you will learn more than just a language. You'll be exposed to a different culture, and a new way of seeing the world.
In HelloTalk, you get connected with real people who might be your “penpals” that can help you with your Japanese grammar/accent, explain Chinese culture to you, be your travel buddy in France, and even be your friends in the country you expat in.
It helps you overcome language barriers, see the cultural diversity, and prepare for culture shock before you travel/study/expat in a foreign culture.
With millions of members in the app, it would be easy for you to find partners to chat with, in any languages. Especially if you’re looking for:
- Chinese speakers
- Korean speakers
- Spanish speakers
- Japanese speakers
- French speakers
- German speakers
- Portuguese speakers
- Arabic speakers
- Turkish speakers
- Russian speakers
- Italian speakers
Languages available to learn in HelloTalk:
English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Afrikaans, Albanian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, Galician, Georgian, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Punjabi, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Swahili, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
Download your free copy today and connect with millions of members from around the globe in the app!
Auto Renewable Subscription Terms:
- Monthly subscription for US$2.99
- Yearly subscription for US$21.99
- Monthly subscription (with a 7-day free trial) for US$2.99
- Yearly subscription (with a 30-day free trial) for US$21.99
The price corresponds to the same price segment, which are set in the "Apple's App Store Matrix" for other currencies.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Accounts will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and will identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
* If offered, free trials will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period. Any unused portion of a trial will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication.
* Terms of Service: http://www.hellotalk.com/terms-of-service
What's New in Version 2.3.0
*Share Moment posts inside the app with chat partners, or copy the URL to share anywhere.
*Share another member's profile with your partner.
*Share both group chat and personal QR codes.
I was/am highly impressed with the lengths Duolingo took to revolutionize language-learning, but HelloTalk truly offers you the next level.
As opposed to just learning a language through practice, HelloTalk is a hands-on approach to language studies that takes the thrill of social media and combines it with a learning atmosphere.
The app has some rules to make sure people "play nice" online and are really in it to help people, but these are just common sense rules to foster a healthy environment. This app will forge friendships across borders and allow learners to match with people that share interests or goals, share pictures and links with them, send audio messages, correct their sentences, and for premium members- send video calls.
I've learned Spanish through most of my school years and this app is truly a great way to master languages and culture. I also took up Portuguese through Duolingo, which I also sharpen my skills in on HelloTalk.
And unlike Duolingo, the variety of languages to choose from is HUGE. Literally anyone learning any language should be able to contribute to and enjoy this app. I highly recommend it, the only complaint I would have is that its a very addicting app and you get a LOT of messages, but these can be managed in the app's settings.
Worth every penny!
As one majoring in Arabic and French, I need all the practice I can get in both languages. The app itself is free, but in order to learn more than one language, you must pay for a subscription. In my opinion, it's worth the money. I have seen a massive improvement in my comprehension because this app allows you to converse with native speakers without fear of harassment. The creators of HelloTalk have ensured that the environment is safe and that you connect with people who are passionate and serious about learning a foreign language, not about finding a date. It is a lifesaver for those who want to learn another language, but cannot go abroad. It is my favorite tool for learning and practicing a new language, and I highly recommend it.
Great resource if you know how to use it
This app walks a fine line between something really useful and a waste of time. If you're willing to put in a fair amount of effort to sort through dozens (or even hundreds) of messages, it's possible to find people who will really help you learn your target language (and vice versa). However, be prepared for a lot of repetitive conversations, people only interested in dating, people asking for selfies, etc. It CAN be a useful resource, but it takes time and effort.
My chief complaint with this version is that the "search" feature now puts only subscribers (who pay a monthly fee) at the top of the list. I get that the app needs to make money, and I could understand featuring a few premium members at the top, but now I don't message premium users first just out of spite.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 25, 2017
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 148 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Esperanto, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: HELLOTALK FOREIGN LANGUAGE EXCHANGE LEARNING TALK CHAT APP
- © 2014 HelloTalk
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- VIP Membership$2.99
- Pro Membership (1 Month)$1.99
- Learn & Teach 1 More Language$4.99
- Pro Membership (1 Year)$21.99
- Pro Membership (3 Months)$8.99
- VIP Membership$21.99
- Unlimited Translation (Monthly Auto Renew)$1.99
- VIP Membership Yearly$21.99
- VIP Membership(Free Trial)$21.99
- VIP Membership(Free Trial)$2.99