HelloTalk Language Exchange Learning App
By HELLOTALK FOREIGN LANGUAGE EXCHANGE LEARNING TALK CHAT APP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HelloTalk, the 1st global language and culture exchange community, connects you with native speakers of other languages(English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, and 100 more), for FREE!
1. Search for people whose needs match yours
2. Practice your target language with native speakers via text/audio messages
3. Free audio and video call to better practice your listening and speaking skills
4. Share moments with other members and get Likes and Comments
5. Learning specific features: Translation, Transliteration, Grammar correction, Text to voice, and Voice recognition to improve your writing/speaking skills
6. It’s not curriculum based, it’s communication based. You have no homework. Instead, you’re having fun while learning.
*****IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ANOTHER CULTURE*****
When you learn a language with real people, you will learn more than just a language. You'll be exposed to a different culture, and a new way of seeing the world.
In HelloTalk, you get connected with real people who might be your “penpals” that can help you with your Japanese grammar/accent, explain Chinese culture to you, be your travel buddy in France, and even be your friends in the country you expat in.
It helps you overcome language barriers, see the cultural diversity, and prepare for culture shock before you travel/study/expat in a foreign culture.
With millions of members in the app, it would be easy for you to find partners to chat with, in any languages. Especially if you’re looking for:
- Chinese speakers
- Korean speakers
- Spanish speakers
- Japanese speakers
- French speakers
- German speakers
- Portuguese speakers
- Arabic speakers
- Turkish speakers
- Russian speakers
- Italian speakers
Languages available to learn in HelloTalk:
English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Afrikaans, Albanian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, Galician, Georgian, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Punjabi, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Swahili, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
Download your free copy today and connect with millions of members from around the globe in the app!
Auto Renewable Subscription Terms:
- Monthly subscription for US$2.99
- Yearly subscription for US$21.99
- Monthly subscription (with a 7-day free trial) for US$2.99
- Yearly subscription (with a 30-day free trial) for US$21.99
The price corresponds to the same price segment, which are set in the "Apple's App Store Matrix" for other currencies.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Accounts will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and will identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
* If offered, free trials will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period. Any unused portion of a trial will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication.
* Terms of Service: http://www.hellotalk.com/terms-of-service
What's New in Version 2.3.4
* Now you can share Corrections
* Searching HelloTalk ID/Name/Email are also available on Custom Search page
* Function improvements
I'll admit I was a little nervous getting on this app and chatting with complete strangers. I was worried that instead of this app being a platform where I could learn a language, it would be treated like a dating app instead but I'm so glad I decided to give this app a chance after reading a few reviews. The people using this app are just as serious about learning and improving their language as anyone else, so rest assured if you're like me. No one fools around - at least I haven't met one like that yet.
Everyone is really nice and encouraging and I love the community and environment that has been built here. It has kind of made the app a bit addictive for me now. I look forward to meeting to new people there now. It's a lot of fun and I'm learning more and more about Japanese and their culture.
There's just one really frustrating bit about the app. If I accidentally press anywhere else outside the text box when typing my message, my entire message disappears and I have to type it all over again.😩 Maybe I'm just used to how whats app keeps your message saved even if you scroll around. Also you can't edit your messages. If you make a mistake, just delete it instead.
I really love this app.
As others have expressed, I was definitely nervous just going out and talking to strangers, but I haven't gotten inappropriate users. People are very nice and use the app to learn!
The only reason I took away a star is because I get so many messages a day, it takes away from my experience. I have hidden myself from searches and hidden my nearby feature, and ever hidden myself from the opposite sex and I still get 500+ messages a day which is very overwhelming sometimes. I can't possibly answer all of them and I feel bad deleting messages from people just to get to active conversations I have.
And even though I only removed myself from getting messages from people of the opposite sex strictly to limit the amount of messages I get, I still get them from men. It's not offensive to me at all but it might be to some people so I'm not sure why that feature doesn't really work.
In the first week of having this app I have learned more than my previous month of trying to self teach myself Korean. I always thought that the best way to learn a language is to talk to a native speaker, but never did I think to look for an app like this. Even without the premium, you are not very restricted from what I can tell. OH, the most important thing and the thing that surprised me the most was the community. Almost everyone there is friendly and works hard to help each other. No one has misused the app for dating or 'pictures'. While the app itself has a few bugs and needed improvements here and there, nothing is app breaking. In my 100% honest opinion, this is one of the must haves for anyone learning languages alone.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 10, 2017
- Version: 2.3.4
- Size: 167 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Esperanto, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: HELLOTALK FOREIGN LANGUAGE EXCHANGE LEARNING TALK CHAT APP
- © 2014 HelloTalk
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- VIP Membership$2.99
- Pro Membership (1 Month)$1.99
- Learn & Teach 1 More Language$4.99
- Pro Membership (1 Year)$29.99
- Pro Membership (3 Months)$11.99
- VIP Membership$21.99
- VIP Membership(Free Trial)$21.99
- Unlimited Translation (Monthly Auto Renew)$1.99
- VIP Membership Yearly$21.99
- VIP Membership(Free Trial)$2.99