HelloTalk Language Exchange Learning App
By HELLOTALK FOREIGN LANGUAGE EXCHANGE LEARNING TALK CHAT APP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HelloTalk, the 1st global language and culture exchange community, connects you with native speakers of other languages(English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, and 100 more), for FREE!
1. Search for people whose needs match yours
2. Practice your target language with native speakers via text/audio messages
3. Free audio and video call to better practice your listening and speaking skills
4. Share moments with other members and get Likes and Comments
5. Learning specific features: Translation, Transliteration, Grammar correction, Text to voice, and Voice recognition to improve your writing/speaking skills
6. It’s not curriculum based, it’s communication based. You have no homework. Instead, you’re having fun while learning.
*****IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ANOTHER CULTURE*****
When you learn a language with real people, you will learn more than just a language. You'll be exposed to a different culture, and a new way of seeing the world.
In HelloTalk, you get connected with real people who might be your “penpals” that can help you with your Japanese grammar/accent, explain Chinese culture to you, be your travel buddy in France, and even be your friends in the country you expat in.
It helps you overcome language barriers, see the cultural diversity, and prepare for culture shock before you travel/study/expat in a foreign culture.
With millions of members in the app, it would be easy for you to find partners to chat with, in any languages. Especially if you’re looking for:
- Chinese speakers
- Korean speakers
- Spanish speakers
- Japanese speakers
- French speakers
- German speakers
- Portuguese speakers
- Arabic speakers
- Turkish speakers
- Russian speakers
- Italian speakers
Languages available to learn in HelloTalk:
English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Afrikaans, Albanian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, Galician, Georgian, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Punjabi, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Download your free copy today and connect with millions of members from around the globe in the app!
Info About HelloTalk Unlimited Translation Service (Monthly Auto Renew):
Length of Subscription - One Month (Auto Renew)
Price of Subscription - US$1.99/Month or equivalent price tier
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current one month period
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
What's New in Version 2.2.9
*Bug fixes, including a network issue some members experienced after the last update
*Improved interface for pronunciations in the new Moment "quick tap" translation feature
* Introducing quick tap translations! Now you can tap on words or sentences in Moments to instantly translate them.
* Faster start-up speed
* Fixed bugs
It's ACTUALLY useful!
I've downloaded a lot of apps that "give the opportunity to talk to foreigners" but I end up never using them or understanding how to use them. But HelloTalk is very easy to use and I've ACTUALLY got to talk to native Japanese speakers. The way it works it you send out status updates similar to twitter in the language you are learning, and natives will correct it. You also do the same for them. You can exchange messages and even send out pictures and voice recordings. Also if both you and the person you are talking to give consent you can exchange phone calls to practice. I've been using this app less than a week and I have exchanged phone calls and message multiple people daily. In this app people are more than willing to help and are very excited to learn. Another important point is that this app is VERY strict on putting yourself out there to date. This is NOT a dating app, it's a friendly educational app. One thing is this app is free, there is a subscription to a premium service, but you can learn more than enough without it. The premium service is useful if you want to learn more than one language and you need more than twenty translations a day. Honestly the challenge of having to read and LISTEN (you can listen to messages being read) to the messages is beneficial for learning. The best way to learn a language is immersion I assure you. Anyway the app is great. Not a waste of time and nothing to lose. Plus you get to make great friends!
Life changing experience
Absolutely love meeting new friends who are helping me learn and practice Japanese! So many useful features are available, and the membership (though the app is entirely useful without it) is not extremely expensive.
However, it could be better. The app always wants to make your current status online before it loads any of your messages, and if your signal is anything less than perfect, this may take a while if at all. It also crashes a lot. A LOT.
A last complaint: I have selected the option that SHOULD make it so that only native speakers of Japanese can find me, yet I get messages from all over the globe. While I enjoy the experience, I am using the app to practice Japanese, not chat with French boys.
Great to actually have live conversations
I have found some people to actually have conversations with and learn by actual conversations. There are still creeps who just want a hook up, so use discretion. But overall it's a great app and easy to use.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 20, 2017
- Version: 2.2.9
- Size: 148 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Esperanto, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: HELLOTALK FOREIGN LANGUAGE EXCHANGE LEARNING TALK CHAT APP
- © 2014 HelloTalk
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- VIP Membership$2.99
- Pro Membership (1 Month)$1.99
- Learn & Teach 1 More Language$4.99
- Pro Membership (1 Year)$21.99
- Pro Membership (3 Months)$8.99
- Unlimited Translation (Monthly Auto Renew)$1.99
- VIP Membership$21.99
- VIP Membership Yearly$21.99
- VIP Membership(Free Trial)$21.99
- VIP Membership(Free Trial)$2.99