HelloTalk, the 1st global language and culture exchange community, connects you with native speakers of other languages (English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, and 100 more), for FREE!
1. Search for people whose needs match yours
2. Practice your target language with native speakers via text/audio messages
3. Free audio and video call to better practice your listening and speaking skills
4. Share moments with other members and get Likes and Comments
5. Learning specific features: Translation, Transliteration, Grammar correction, Text to voice, and Voice recognition to improve your writing/speaking skills
6. It’s not curriculum based, it’s communication based. You have no homework. Instead, you’re having fun while learning
*****IMMERSE YOURSELF IN ANOTHER CULTURE*****
When you learn a language with real people, you will learn more than just a language. You'll be exposed to a different culture, and a new way of seeing the world.
In HelloTalk, you get connected with real people who might be your “penpals” that can help you with your Japanese grammar/accent, explain Chinese culture to you, be your travel buddy in France, and even be your friends in the country you expat in.
It helps you overcome language barriers, see the cultural diversity, and prepare for culture shock before you travel/study/expat in a foreign culture.
With millions of members in the app, it would be easy for you to find partners to chat with, in any languages. Especially if you’re looking for:
- Chinese speakers
- Korean speakers
- Spanish speakers
- Japanese speakers
- French speakers
- German speakers
- Portuguese speakers
- Arabic speakers
- Turkish speakers
- Russian speakers
- Italian speakers
Languages available to learn in HelloTalk:
English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Afrikaans, Albanian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, Galician, Georgian, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Punjabi, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Swahili, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese
Download your free copy today and connect with millions of members from around the globe in the app!
Auto Renewable Subscription Terms:
- Monthly subscription for US$2.99
- Yearly subscription for US$21.99
- Monthly subscription (with a 7-day free trial) for US$2.99
- Yearly subscription (with a 30-day free trial) for US$21.99
The price corresponds to the same price segment, which are set in the "Apple's App Store Matrix" for other currencies.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
* Accounts will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and will identify the cost of the renewal.
* Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
* Terms of Service: http://www.hellotalk.com/terms-of-service
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
I have used this app for over two years now. I think this app is a great idea, and overall implemented very well. I use Hellotalk to practice Japanese, and find that overall people are courteous and honestly want to learn. I quite like the Moments function, and in my experience people use it to share pictures of where they live, or ask many people for language corrections, which is great. Now, there are many superfluous posts like “ Please teach me English!!!”, but I think it is a small price to pay. I do wish that Moments allowed for video posting, though. Many times there are short clips of concerts or scenery that I would love to share with people.
As for sexual harassment, whenever it has happened, it is generally handled quickly in my experience. However, I do know of a few notorious people that keep rejoining the app despite being blocked many times. There is not much that can be done for those people, but hopefully they will learn someday. There are some people that are more interested in finding a foreign girlfriend/ boyfriend, but it is easy to find these people and kindly decline or misdirect them.
I have had this issue on an off, but sometimes my app will show unread messages, but I cannot see them. Before I would have to delete and redownload to fix it, but as of today when it did it I was able to fix it by closing and reopening the app. It isn’t a huge inconvenience, but a bit annoying at times.
My favorite app!
I have been a member on this app since 2014 and I honestly have not gotten bored or tired of it. It still continues to be a fun and interactive way to learn languages. I love the new features added with every update. This app seriously has come a long way from when I first became a member. You learn a language through a sort of social media platform, where you post statuses similar to Facebook or twitter, but with the added bonus that native speakers actually get to read and correct your texts, and you can help out as well by doing the same with people learning your language. I have met so many fun and intelligent people on this apps from so many countries, and I love hearing their ideas and sharing each other’s cultures. It’s exciting getting a message from someone and engaging in a fun conversation with them. Sure, it has its downsides. Like for example, may girls report getting harassed, but in all honestly, you choose who you want to talk to and who you don’t want to talk to. Anyone can easily be blocked. Anyway, I really love this app and I thank its developers for making learning languages fun!
Get this app NOW
This app is so totally awesome ❤️❤️❤️!!! Finally a new way to learn languages that isn’t just taking boring classes... It’s a perfect modern way to learn languages, cultures and make friends from all over the world 🌎 I’m learning Japanese on this app and now I have tons of friends from Japan and other countries,( I’ve been really good friends with a girl from Ageria, and a boy from the U.S too ever since I started this app )
It’s amazing being able to talk to people your age from all over the world about your hobies, and even help each other with their school work😂, and it doesn’t matter what language you speak ! The translation function on this app is super accurate👍.
Also, I really enjoy the fact this app is very secure and you don’t have to worry about cyber bullying or harassment or inappropriate language or anything!
Seriously, this is my favorite app ever... I learnt so many things about the Japanese language and their culture ( one girl even thought me how to make Mochi cookies😋)
Thank you sooooo much HelloTalk !!!!!!
- HELLOTALK FOREIGN LANGUAGE EXCHANGE LEARNING TALK CHAT APP
- 177 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Danish, Esperanto, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2014 HelloTalk
- In-App Purchases
- VIP Membership $4.99
- VIP Membership $32.99
- Pro Membership (1 Month) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.