‘With the Henle Library app a new era begins for classical musicians.’ – Daniel Hope
The Henle Library redefines the way you experience sheet music. Get the most reliable Urtext editions in the world on your iPad, download all the music you need to practice or perform, and carry it wherever you go. You can purchase just the part you need to play without having to buy the complete score.
This is an indispensable app for performers, students and teachers, combining the publishing heritage of G. Henle Verlag with the latest technology.
• Browse a store of over 100 Urtext editions, including Bach’s Well-Tempered Clavier, Beethoven’s Piano Sonatas and Chopin’s Nocturnes, with more coming soon
• Get instant access to the music you purchase
• Download single parts from individual works
• Annotate each work with a range of tools, and share your notes with your teacher, students, or fellow performers
• Get exclusive fingerings and bowings by famous musicians for selected works
• Easily switch suggested fingerings on and off
• Customise the score to your preferred layout
• Save and print your personalised scores
• Record and share your music and take advantage of the loop tool to improve your rehearsals
• Easily switch between your part and the full score
• Set your in-built metronome
• Sync your scores across devices
If you enjoy this app please consider leaving a review. It really helps!
To learn more about the Henle Library visit henle-library.com
Thanks for updating to version 1.7.1. In this version, we've made minor bug fixes and improvements behind the scenes.
If you're enjoying using Henle Library, please feel free to leave a review, it really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
I've always like Henle scores in print. The app brings a growing library of them to the iPad. Much more convenient than carrying several books around, no worry of wear and tear on physical scores. The new addition of set lists is very helpful if you have a large library and want to organize them by performance or current literature.
I can't speak to the Apple Pencil, as I don't use it, and rarely heavily mark my scores. The occasional fingering, articulation, or dynamic I add, I have no issues.
I did have a question for their customer service department, and they were quick to respond, helpful and friendly.
I'd of course love to see their entire catalogue available at once, but they do add to their catalogue regularly and are receptive to customer requests for pieces to be added.
Best Quality Digital Sheet Music
By far the highest quality classical UrText editions in print, but now available as an app. Great playing mode. Works with page turning pedals. Excellent discoverability of new music. Most print editions are available. The annotations need some improvement but you can print to PDF and ForeScore and use that for annotations instead. Excellent support and quick response.
Great user interface but the free-writing feature could be SO MUCH BETTER!
I love buying my Henle scores on this app and have them everywhere I go. The only thing that bugs me is when I want to make notes on the score, it is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to write on. It forms a square box for every single stroke you draw and after you finish writing even one word, there are like 10 boxes and it’s very annoying and ineffective. Other than that, this is a five-star app for its innovation and affordability.
Dear Yang Shi Wei, Thank you very much for your feedback! We are actually working on improving the annotations. There will be an update, probably later this year, that will make this much more convenient. Best, Your Henle Library Team
- Gunter Henle Verlag
- 83.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Gunter Henle Verlag
- In-App Purchases
- 100 Credits $8.99
- 1,000 Credits $69.99
- 200 Credits $16.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.