By The New York Times Regional Media Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See the Sarasota Herald-Tribune just as it appeared in print, including stories, ads and even print favorites like the comics. The print edition app is included with all full-access print and digital subscriptions.
Subscribers can use their current digital login to access the print edition. Call 866-284-7102 to activate your digital account or discuss subscription options.
What's New in Version 2.5.37
This update includes general performance and operational enhancements
to streamline reading and navigation!
New initial displays
- iPad - In landscape, the display initially shows a single page and
the headline index. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-width.
- iPhone/iTouch - In landscape, the display initially shows a two page
spread. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-height.
Tap and read/zoom:
- A single tap on a story, ad or graphic will display that item in a
separate reading window. Swipe L/R to previous/next story, pinch to
- A double tap on a page and display will zoom where tapped. A second
double tap returns page to default size. Pinch page any time to zoom.
- Change default tap actions for single, double and two-finger taps in
Options > Settings screen.
- Ability to set gesturing preferences from Options menu on iPad
New designs and organization:
- New fonts, layouts, icons and labels simplify and ease use
Read off-line or on-line:
- Faster on-line reading, uses less bandwidth
- Select edition to download for off-line reading or select off-line
reading as the default
- Special low-bandwidth mode ideal when roaming
-Receive availability alerts for new editions
- Improved Retina display
- Enhanced page and type display quality
- Faster downloading and display, improved gesture response
- Stability improvements and general bug fixing
- Updates to improve Twitter and Facebook support
Agreed this app is amazing memory hog. It has a setting allowing you to limit the number of editions it saves, but that doesn't seem to work and it saves every edition I have read until I tell it to delete those editions. It initially uses very little memory, but within a couple of weeks it is the biggest user of the memory on my iPad. I then need to go into settings and to manually to tell it to delete the multiple saved editions. This seems like an easy fix for the app developers.
Gobbles up memory like no other app I use.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 18, 2014
- Version: 2.5.37
- Size: 18.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian
- Seller: New York Times
- © Sarasota Herald-Tribune
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.