Heroes of Normandie
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Supported iPAD Models: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad PRO, iPad mini 3 and 4, iPad Pro
Recommended iPAD Models: iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad PRO, iPad Pro
Supported iPhone Models: iPhone 5, 5s or newer
The game does not support iPhone 4s and below
Take one of the most modern, fun and engaging board games created in recent years. Match it with cutting-edge technology. Add a ridiculously well-crafted art style and a ton of extra content. This is the recipe to one of the most thrilling, charming and captivating strategy games you will ever find.
Heroes of Normandie is fast-paced. You are placed in command of small squads in scenarios of varying sizes, in the middle of the D-Day campaign. In the spirit of the original board game, the game is bombastic and humorous yet full of subtle tactical decisions and features a vast array of unique units, equipment and abilities.
Plenty of ways to play: complete the three full-fledged campaigns, engage in a quick skirmish, survive through the rogue like mini campaign, or challenge a friend in multiplayer!
This game is chock full of content and as this is a game system more than a single game, expect tons of features to expand the experience in the near future.
• Three different armies (plus the French resistance) and three campaigns available from the get-go.
• Hordes of unique units, equipment and abilities for each nation.
• Idyllic countryside, rivers, bridges, buildings, sandbags, pillboxes wheat fields and boccage are all included in the core game: Normandie is brought to life.
• Quick battle mode with lots of pre-designed maps and pre-crafted armies to get you right into the action
• Quick battles can be played.
• Innovative and light-hearted approach to strategy: action is fast paced but decisions are still interesting and meaningful.
• Action Cards! 29 for Germany, 32 for the US!
What's New in Version 1.52
-Added 21st Panzers DLC
Almost there - needs another bug fix
This is a great game, and I have really enjoyed it, but there are still a few frustrating bugs. I have gotten to the final scenario of the U.S. Roguelike Campaign, and after I set everything up, the Ai starts to draw its cards, but then just sits there. The "Ai Cards Phase" never ends. I abandon the mission, then hit continue and it goes right back to the Ai Cards Phase. I've also had trouble with vehicles being placed just off the map and not being able to select the vehicle. Also, after my Marvin set was hit, his card now messes up the rest of the cards on the purchase screen (all jumbled up and unable to equip). Hope these bugs will be fixed in the next update.
I really enjoy this game. The graphics are good, game play is smooth and there is enough variety in units and cards to keep things interesting. However, I've run into two bugs that drop this from a five to a three. First, I ran into a problem in which I could not finish one of the campaign games. I would get to the scenario at the end of the allied campaign and the game would crash. Second, and more frustrating, is that, at time, when attempting to move a vehicle, the game locks up. It does not compete the move and I have to restart the app. I've only seen this with vehicles, although it may be a glitch that can affect any move. If these are fixed, I'll regrade the app. For now...okay, but needs a bit of work.
Definitely not phone worthy, tablet yes.
Picked this up since I'm a huge fan of the board game and even have the PC version. Wanted to help get the family into it before we progressed to the tabletop.
On an iPhone 7 it's a crime with the font size interface by just attempting to view unit and card info with how small the information is displayed. No real excuse for it as I have plenty of games that have way more information that has to be called up with a tap and display perfectly as if I am looking at a physical playing card in my hand. For an iPad this game would rock.
I'm chalking this up as a handy cap on myself when I play with family and friends since I already know most the rules and can attempt to play it blind.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 30, 2016
- Version: 1.52
- Size: 1.42 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- ©2015 Slitherine Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Developed by Cat Rabbit. Heroes of Normandie used under license. ©2016 Devil Pig Games. All Rights Reserved. Heroes System, designed by Yann & Clem
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Heroes of Normandie: Rangers$1.99
- German 21st PanzerGrenadiers$2.99