Herokins is all about shared reading! You and your child can engage with interactive comics that support the development of literacy, critical thinking and empathy skills.
This app provides the necessary tools for you and your child to facilitate meaningful discussions that are relevant to your child’s day to day experience.
- Deep Learning: a set of targeted research-based questions that help your child dig deeper into the character’s values, beliefs, and motives and connect them to their own real-life experience. Deep Learning is designed to help children articulate complex ideas and set the stage for academic and occupational success.
- Assisted Retelling: a new way for children to tell a version of the story from their own unique perspective and practice the skills acquired during the Deep Learning process.
- Stories are designed to be quick (approximately 10 minutes each) and provide research-based resources for parents.
- Enjoy the first 5 stories about Healthy Nutrition. New stories will be released every month. Coming next is Road Safety.
ABOUT SHARED READING:
Did you know that 75% of parents start reading to their children before they reach their first birthday? According to many studies, shared reading is a very powerful tool to foster critical thinking and empathy skills. It has been demonstrated that empathetic people are more satisfied with life and develop better relationships.
But what exactly is the secret recipe for effective shared reading?
According to neuroscientists, the magic happens when parents put pause the reading and start talking with their child about the character’s motives, values, and beliefs. By doing so children are more likely to empathize with the characters and thus will be emotionally transported into the story. As a result, they develop decision-making and critical thinking skills that are essential to navigate through life.
This is why so many experts advocate to actively read "with" your child, rather than passively read "to" your child.
Herokins is committed to creating shared reading tools that support your child's development and understanding of the world.
- Bugs fixes
- Little Heroes Technologies Inc.
- 42.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) 2017 Little Heroes Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.