Getting on the road is faster and easier than ever with the new Hertz® car rental app. The Hertz app allows you to rent a car quickly, view or modify reservations, find a location, and redeem or check your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® points wherever you are.
The new Hertz app brings you these features:
● Our fastest and easiest rental experience.
● Navigate the app effortlessly with intuitive features.
● Previous rental searches are saved for faster booking.
● Find a Hertz location worldwide including phone number, hours of operation, or address for directions back to branch.
● Access special offers and content.
● Find parking near you through SpotHero.
● Enjoy a quick sign-up for Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® and benefit from even more features.
Additionally, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Members can experience these features:
● Log in seamlessly with facial or touch ID.
● A personalized experience displays name, member number, status, and points balance in one view.
● Upcoming reservations are front-and-center, with access to full rental history.
● Easily view current reservation details or modify future reservations.
● Find and review rental receipts for easy expense reporting.
● Modify profile, preferences, and payments with a few taps.
● Easily pay for a reservation with points, request missing points, or exchange points.
Accelerate your travel experience and download the Hertz car rental app today.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
What a bad upgrade to an app
App doesn’t start up with the option to display a figure print sign in like the last version did as far as I can tell (results in extra clicks). Process still laborious to select a pick up and drop off location (this was never a good implementation) Four clicks now to put in your pick up/drop off times/dates (was two clicks before) and now you have to spin two dumb time wheels to get to your time (It defaults to 12AM!). The display of how you are paying looks confusing compared to the last version and it makes you tell it you don’t want to use points to pay: waste of time! Customers can add that in separately in the rare occasions they’re using points. Best of all, when I had to change an existing reservation’s pick up date, the app went through all of the steps and then kept giving me an erroneous error. Resulted in wasting another 30 minutes on the reservation call in line. Is anyone awake in the Hertz App group?
Don’t fix what’s not broken
The previous app, while having some limitations, worked quickly for reserving a car and checking the rewards balance. The new one has more options, but is much less intuitive and makes reservation process much more time consuming. For starters, the app doesn’t log you in automatically- if you have an elite status and make a reservation without being logged in, you won’t collect any points or get any benefits.
The location search picks up some strange location but won’t show major airports.
Terrible user experience
New app is colorful, but it seems like it was designed by someone who has never traveled. I rent every week, and the app starts me a screen that says I have no reservations. To log in, I have to go to another tab, log in, then go back and find my reservations. Also, transition from old app to new was terrible. No transition plan, old app just stopped working, which I discovered while traveling. In 2019, nobody should be this bad at a native app, especially given how much I’m sure Hertz pays for something like this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.