By The Hertz Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Traveling at the Speed of Hertz® just got easier. Download the Hertz Car Rental app for your iPhone, iPad & iPod. Connected or offline, we retain your information so you can complete your reservation on your time.
We listened. You can now paste in your login credentials on the login page and copy your Confirmation Number on the confirmation pages! We also made significant enhancements to the stability and design of the app to improve the speed and performance of making a reservation.
Check out our enhanced location search options – now it’s easy to find a location around the corner or across the country. Wherever and whenever you need a car, Hertz is there.
And no worries! We kept the original features you love, like special offers and quick access to Roadside Assistance.
Remember, wherever you are, Hertz car rental is not far away. Be sure to enjoy your trip by starting with Hertz – we give you all the benefits of car rental in the palm of your hand.
What's New in Version 5.16
General bug fixes and performance improvements.
I travel extensively and have tried them all...
The only competition is National Rent-A-Car but I give the nod to HERTZ as they have always bent over backwards to accommodate any request I have.
Just last night, I arrived in Providence, Rhode Island three hours after closing hour and the HERTZ team was still there to support me. Every summer, I have a special request for Boston Logan airport to provide a vehicle with a receiver hitch for my exercise bike. It's been over 10 years and they've never failed me.
With others such as Avis and Budget, I had frequent nightmares where after a long international travel they were out of rental vehicles even though I had a long standing reservation. Instead of considering the customer these other providers simply wanted to drop the case or hope it goes away. That's what ultimately drove me to HERTZ in the first place about 12 years ago I've been through with their service ever since. Years ago with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, I had several experiences where the agent was trying to convince me that a Chevrolet Cavalier was a standard size vehicle. It was totally offensive.
I will gladly pay for service and without question the finest service in the Rent-A-Car in the street is Hertz and this applies to both domestic and international travel.
Usable, Yet Disappointingly Quirky
I use this app to make and adjust reservations several times each month. Here's what I would like to see changed.
- Although it remembers my login details, it doesn't stay logged-in, requiring a pointless extra button press. Real problem? No. Real advantages? None. If you're going to have stores credentials in the app, you might as well have persistent login, or at least transparent login. Eliminate the pointless step, it looks amateur.
- Streamline rental location selection for frequent locations. App doesn't remember last-used rental location, doesn't pre-populate a list of favorite or typical locations, and doesn't suggest nearby locations. These are all very basic features that any professionally-produced app should have.
- Entry of "business or leisure" at the PC/CDP screen should either be eliminated or made to work. The data entered in those fields won't be remembered; even if I select BUSINESS purpose when I enter my CDP, I'll have to select it AGAIN once I search. What's the point? The redundancy makes it look amateur and silly.
Beyond that, it functions well, but it would be nice to see it get it polish and look like it was made by "big boys" and not garage tinkerers.
Hertz is the Prostitute of car rental business
CEO John Tauge has instituted many new hidden charges and fees so please read every page before you sign it.
CIO Tyler Best made the decision to outsource all of the IT personnel to IBM/India terminating over 254 IT positions not including all of the field service technicians and bus driver at all of the major airports. That action alone made It almost impossible for the Hertz locations to conduct business world wide. All of the Hertz Equipment Rental personnel based in Oklahoma City have already been told they will be terminated before the end of 2017. I was in a town hall meeting where CIO Best said
"I have a few things left to tweak in the IT department" several weeks later we received our layoff notice. I wish he would have been a real man and made the announcement in the meeting to our faces instead of in an email.
When all is said and done the CIO who has a degree in MS-DOS will have terminated over 700 Hertz jobs.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 16, 2017
- Version: 5.16
- Size: 29.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Hertz Corporation
- © 2015 The Hertz Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.