By Scripps Networks, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HGTV Watch keeps you connected with your favorite HGTV shows. Find inspiration for your own home. Catch up with HGTV’s distinctive programming and exclusive extras wherever and whenever you want. Updated daily with full TV episodes, clips and HGTV.com original content. Peruse videos and find ideas on how to transform your own space.
Watch the latest full episodes for no additional charge if you have a participating television service provider. Current service providers include:
• AT&T U-verse
• Bright House Networks
• Comcast XFINITY
• Google Fiber
• Time Warner Cable
• Verizon FiOS
and hundreds more.
The newly redesigned HGTV Watch app features:
• Convenient access to the latest full episodes and clips from your favorite HGTV shows and hosts. To watch the latest episodes, log in with the username and password provided by your television service provider.
• Subscribe to any show and your Watchlist will update automatically whenever new content becomes available. The Watchlist also holds videos for you to resume watching at any time.
• Custom designs for iPad and iPhone offer tailored user experiences. Video viewing is synchronized across devices via iCloud.
• Chromecast support
• Up-to-date, full TV schedule.
• Closed captioning.
HGTV Watch can only be used in the United States.
Like what you see? We’d appreciate your reviews in the iTunes store.
Bugs? Content suggestions? We’re always trying to make this app even better. You can reach us at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 5.1
• Chromecast support
• Watchlist redesign: Tap the menu button and heart icon to easily resume videos or find your saved favorite series
• Bug fixes
Pretty good overall some issues.
Let's get the bad out of the way. First on Chromecast there seems to be an issue with "lag" ( for lack of a better word) the audio will still go but the screen will freeze for a second or two and then catch up. Secondly the offerings of shows is limited. Shows on the App Store ad aren't even on the app at all. Very disappointing.
Otherwise Love everything else. When it works, 80% of the time it does, it works wonderfully and enjoying the programming that is there.
HGTV app improved
I've had the HGTV app for a while and it's always worked great for me. I've never had the streaming problems other people report and it seems like lately they've improved it to cut down on the number of ads they show so it's even better. The only issue I have is that it keeps asking for my TV provider and password and I can never remember my password because this is the only place I use it.
I only watched Flip or Flop, so, that's all I can rate this on. It worked very nicely. No buffering, good sound, and only 2 ad breaks. I bt'd to my sound bar from my iPad 2. I will check out some of the other shows and do an update. I noticed people were complaining about bad streaming and buffering. It pays to have a fast internet connection. I have Uverse at 24mbps.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 11, 2015
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 28.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Scripps Networks, LLC
- © 2015 Scripps Networks, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.