Hi, How Are You: 40 Awesomely Totally Ridiculous and Very, Very Cool Levels of Bizarrely, Bizarre Fun!
By DrFunFun LLC & Smashing Studios LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• Featured in toucharcade's best ipod touch and iphone games 2009 buyers guide.
• Featured in gizmodo's top 40 best branded iphone music apps of 2009.
• Featured in appadvice.com's 2009 best iphone untraditional platformers.
• Featured in US app store under "HOT NEW GAMES" and made the top 50 paid apps.
• Featured in Japan's app store under "NEW AND NOTEWORTHY" and "WHAT'S HOT"
WHAT THE PRESS ARE SAYING:
"...the result is a kind of psycho-religious version of Frogger..." - New York Times
"...Hi, How Are You has taken on a whole new layer of awesome..." - TouchArcade
"It’s totally ridiculous and very very cool." - purepoponline.com
"...HHAY is overflowing with Johnston’s influence and unlike any other platformer at the App Store" - iPhone Game of the day - BlogFaction
"...pure Johnston..." - PocketGamer
"...as loving a tribute to an artist as I've seen from a game..." - Offworld.com
“The play control is smooth and easy to pick up, the graphics are beautiful and cartoony, and the soundtrack is amazing” - cultofmac.com
“…Hi, How Are You sets a new iPhone benchmark aesthetically.” - PocketGamerUK
“…(an) other-worldly masterpiece…” - ThumbSpree.com
"Daniel Johnston's iPhone Game Is Predictably Bizarre, Bizarrely Fun" - Gizmodo.com
“…Forget Guitar Hero…” - The Guardian
The story begins with Satan turning the innocent Jeremiah into a frog and stealing the object of his affection. Jeremiah must progress through 40 devilish levels to reverse the curse that Satan has bestowed upon him and win back his true love.
* Never before seen on iPhone: Fully toon shaded environments and characters that bring Daniel’s marker art style to life.
* 40 challenging levels that gradually increase in difficulty, catering to players of all skill levels, from novice to expert gamer.
* Play as one of four different characters as you progress through the game. Complete the whole game to unlock all characters for any level.
* Control your character using intuitive tilt controls or the virtual on screen joystick controls.
* Have the camera automatically update or use on screen buttons.
* Lots of physics obstacles, puzzles, and enemies to outrun, outsmart and outmaneuver.
* 27 achievements to collect. Each one unlocks a unique piece of Daniel's artwork for you to view.
* Sound track comprised of some of Daniel’s best songs and poignant lyrics.
* Race the clock or go for the bonus blocks to earn your bronze, silver, or gold trophies.
* Online OpenFeint integration for level leaderboards and achievements.
* Browse Daniel Johnston extras screen.
* Game resumes exactly where you left off after a phone call interruption.
* Optimized for all generation iPhone/iPod-Touch devices.
* For additional information please visit www.hihowareyougame.com
* For additional support please e-mail email@example.com
* Lite version is also out now! Try before you buy!
Thanks for your ratings and reviews.
Your 5 star ratings and reviews are what
make updates possible. Please rate our
game so we can keep updates coming!
What's New in Version 3.0
* Added more new levels - play all 40 exciting and challenging levels!
* Added more achievements - there are now 27 unique Daniel Johnston art pieces to unlock!
* New High Scores PER level. Get bragging rights to your favorite level!
* Tuned on screen virtual joystick for finer character control.
* Upgraded to latest OpenFeint 2.4.5 and added per level high score tables.
* Various game play bug fixes and enhancements.
* Optimized audio, graphics, and memory systems for even smoother performance across all iPhone, iPod, and iPad devices.
Only one of a kind
I hardly give reviews for apps. I only do if I absolutely love the app, or just flat out hate it. In this case, it's absolute love!
There are definitely no complaints about this app! The stunning 3D graphics are only one on a kind. You will never see another app (besides all your other ones) that has the same out-of-this-world graphics put in place.
And the story! It's amazing (and tragic)! So far, at the time of this review, I have just reached the third form of Jeremih (sorry if I spelled the name wrong). All the levels are equally balanced with a perfect amount of difficulty added with each level.
If I had one complaint, it would be about a song. The one song where he is talking about running(?) and weather in the chorus. The person singing sounds like he has a hoarse throat. I would say this would be the only change needed to be made.
Once again, congratulations on your success with this game. I look forward to more updates!
We love you, Daniel!
This is so much more than a game, it's a dive into the world and art of Daniel Johnston! I fell in love with his music and art when I watched the documentary. Today when I found this app I new I had to try it. It far exceeded my expectations! I usually mute the sound on my iPod when playing games, this is the only one I've turned up! Love it love it love it! Thanks Daniel!
Big fun in a small package for kids of all ages!
A little bit ashamed to say I bought this several months ago, and just started playing it for the first time today.
What a pleasant surprise when I started actually playing it! The interface is intuitive and configurable, the character designs are pretty charming, and Daniel Johnston's music in the background makes it totally addictive. My only concern is that my face may crack wide open from smiling while I play.
A $2.99 purchase that no kid of any age will regret, I love it.
Suggestion: How about a Roky Erickson game?
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 25, 2010
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 15.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dr Fun Fun
- © (C) 2009 Dr Fun Fun LLC & Smashing Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.