By Bad Basenji Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Why buy Hi Tide?
• 5 star rating with over 200 reviews!
• Accurate tide, sun, and moon information displayed in a easy to read UI
• The only top selling tide app to support native resolution for iPhone 6 and 6 plus!
• Simply swipe to view next day's predictions
Some recent reviews from our friendly customers:
"I can't imagine a better tide App. Everything you need in a glance. Location , tide times and height, moon cycle. So easy to switch locations on a map, so intuitive! Love it!"
"I switched to this app as I wanted to not be wifi dependent. It's visually great..."
"I've been using this app for two years. It's precise and on time... Many beaches and tidal areas to choose from. I'd highly recommend the app."
"Been using this app for a year and have found it to be the clearest, easiest to use and most intuitive tide app I've found. Really like it and rely on it daily."
Hi Tide is a top selling tide prediction application for the iPhone. Hi Tide provides fast and accurate tide predictions for over 3,100 locations along the U.S. East, West, and Gulf coasts, Alaska, Hawaii, and other U.S. territories.
Hi Tide is extremely easy and fun to use and provides you with the information you need. The tide graph shows the tide height vs. time of day. Ebb and Flood tides are color coded green and blue, respectively. Tide events are clearly labeled with time and height. The current predicted tide height is highlighted.
In addition to the tide information, sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset, moon phase, and moon illumination are displayed along the top of the graph.
Hi Tide has a unique user interface and allows quick and effortless viewing of future day predictions by simply swiping / flinging the screen to the next day (like the photo album app).
Hi Tide does not require a data connection to generate tide predictions. This allows the application to be used in remote locations where there may be poor or no cell reception.
For a list of supported tide prediction locations, please visit http://www.badbasenji.com/#/hi-tide/locations
• Over 3,100 U.S. locations
• Fling to view next / previous day
• Uses your rough location to determine the nearest prediction locations.
• Ebb (green) and flood (blue) periods color encoded on graph
• Displays Sunrise, Sunset, and Moonrise, Moonset, Moon Illumination, and Moon Phase
• Select tide prediction locations from a map or a list
• Bookmarks for your favorite locations
• Jump to future / past dates (2012 to 2018)
• No data connection required
Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HiTideApp
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HiTideApp
What's New in Version 3.3
- Supports native resolution for iPhone 6 and 6 plus
- Fixed bug that causes incorrect tide predictions in 2015
- Fixed bug that related to subordinate station high tide predictions
I've been using this app for two years. It's precise and on time. I use it to time my kayaking at Murrell's Inlet as well as my running workouts on the beach. It's get and always accurate. Many beaches and tidal areas to choose from. I'd highly recommend the app.
As a further update, I had a beach trip planned during the "Historic Floods" in South Carolina in October, 2015. By referring to this app, I was able to gauge the tides correctly, so I could get to my condo in Garden City Beach, SC. Having to cross Murrell's Inlet marsh was critical, the the tidal charts were perfectly on time. I made it across 30 minutes before the road was closed. Without this app, I don't think I would have timed it as well as I did. I'll never need another tidal chart app. Works extremely well!
Excellent Tide App
I ordinarily don't write reviews of apps, but this one is so good I am making an exception. I am a long-time user of the printed Tide Log (black soft cover wire-bound with M.C. Escher wood cut illustration). Now I always go to my phone or iPad and use Hi Tide.
The good? The best interface for location. You use a map to find the area you're wanting to know about and then a calendar to select the day you're wanting to know. It is super easy to use. It displays a sin wave of the tide heights for your selected place and time. Since I got this app my TideLog has been seeing little use.
To improve, it would be nice if Hi Tide had information about currents (slack water, max ebb, max flood) which the TideLog does show.
But even without that it's a five star app.
Awesome Tide app!!
Been using for 2 years now and it's my go to app for tide predictions!! I would like to see in the next update, the ability to manually move (via a switch) the red line, changing the time and levels of the tide. We park on a sandbar and it would be nice if we could see how long before tide comes in without waiting in real time...
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Nov 25, 2014
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 3.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Seller: Jeffrey Klein
- © Jeff Klein
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.