Listen to the hottest new releases, or your well-loved favorites. Enjoy 50k audiobooks in 30+ categories from bestelling authors.
Download hibooks and:
- Listen to as many audiobooks as you want
- Discover your next favorite with our curated collections
- Stream or download to listen anytime
- Enjoy a simple plan with no strings attached
- Create your own library
- Control your narration speed
THE AUDIOBOOKS OUR USERS ARE LISTENING TO:
- The Outsider by Stephen King
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- The Outsider by Stephen King
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- Fear by Bob Woodward
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by
- 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari
- Origin by Dan Brown
- Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann
and so many more...
NOT SURE WHAT TO LISTEN TO NEXT?
Check out our expertly-curated collections or our ‘book of the day’, and discover your new favorite audiobook. Recent collections include:
- Popular Young Adult
- J. R. R. Tolkien
- Night at the Movies
- Survival Stories
- Danielle Steel
- Books on NPR
and many more
Downloading hibooks means you’ll never have to worry about book credits again. Download the app and listen to exactly what you want.
It costs just $9.99 USD a month — the price of a single paperback!
Terms of your subscription:
Your hibooks membership will automatically renew within a 24-hour period of each term and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. You may cancel at any time.
- Hibooks membership is $9.99 USD per month for access to over 50,000 premium audiobooks.
- Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on your country of residence.
- Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription within the trial period.
- Terms & Conditions: https://www.hibooks.com/terms
This new release is all about improving your experience.
We're giving you more control over playback speed (1.75x), showing more book information and squashing some bugs.
Coming this fall to hibooks:
+ A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult
+ In His Father's Footsteps by Danielle Steele
+ 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari (author of Sapiens and Homo Deus)
+ Contempt. A Memoir of the Clinton Investigation by Ken Starr
Ratings and Reviews
Needs Upgrades To Compete
I jumped at the chance to listen to more books for less. I have audible and could easily listen to 3-4 books a month, so this seemed like a good choice. Unfortunately, it’s lacking some key features which make Audible so great. For one, they should add the ability to bookmark your location. I often use the sleep timer and it’s frustrating to have to try and find your place again the next morning. Also, the playback is not very smooth even when I have all of the chapters of a book downloaded. For example, in the most recent book I listened to, each “chapter” was short, and was only a part of each book chapter, so every few minutes I’d have to wait a bit while the music played before the next track would start playing. I’d also have to agree with other reviews which say the selection is not up to par with Audible. I don’t mind that I wouldn’t have the downloads forever like with Audible, but do mind that the selection is limited. Overall, it’s an ok app, but without improvements I’ll probably switch back over to Audible.
Hey there Maddie! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate the insight from your suggestions for features. We are currently working on improving our player, and the bookmark feature. Let us know if you have any further suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to connect! Also, our library is always growing, so stay on the lookout for new content!
Good; poor search & browsing
The application offers a lot for $9.99/month. However, I fear it's suffers from a serious lack of discoverability. Searching by author Returns in complete results. For example, search for "Stephen King" and you only see a fraction of the books that are actually available on the service written by Stephen King. Also, browsing by category only shows a handful of books for each category. Supposedly these are "for you" selections in each of these categories. However there appears to be no way to browse the entire catalog.
Another discoverability issue is related to the lack of any type of user ratings of content. If you want to know how good a book is before you start it you'll have to go to another site like Audible or Good Reads.
- There is no playback sync between.
- There is no history of what you have and have not listened to. You can add things to your "library" but it does not show that a book is finished once you've listen to a book.
- Every book is broken up by chapter. This wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that each chapter puts a gap with a small musical interlude while the file loads. This can be rather jarring in books with short chapters.
- Attempting to airplay an audiobook to my fourth generation Apple TV results in each file skipping to the next repeatedly until the end of the audiobook. This is definitely a bug in this application as no other application on my phone has this problem. Fix it.
Hi there! Thank you for all of this valuable feedback. We are constantly trying to improve and we will take all of this into consideration as we continue to move forward. If you have further recommendations, please do email us at email@example.com :)
Great App but scope for Improvement
I love this app! I love listening to audiobooks and find Audible expensive (for the number of books I’ve listened to). The collection is nowhere close to that of Audible’s, but you get what you pay! Since there is no limit on the number of books I can listen to, I don’t mind compromising on the collection.
The biggest issue I have with the app is that I can’t see a history of all the books I have read and the progress. The interface is not as neat as Audible. As rightly pointed out in another review, the chapters are oftentimes too small, much smaller than the actual book chapters. This makes it frustrating, specially if there are 40-60 chapters in an audiobook that lasts for 6 hours.
All that being said, the app is affordable and I get to listen to a large number of books, with no limits. For this reason, despite some small issues, I rate it 5/5.
- Otto Radio, Inc.
- 64.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 Otto Radio, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- hibooks - the best audiobooks $9.99
- hibooks - the best audiobooks $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.