Step into the shoes of a private detective and solve puzzling cases in this brand-new FREE hidden object game! Hunt down clues and expose the hidden motives of criminals the cops can’t catch.
• FIND hidden objects and evidence in gorgeous Retina Display-ready scenes!
• EXPLORE a variety of locations, from gloomy subway terminals to sunny park picnics!
• ENHANCE your case by hacking computers, dusting for prints, and re-assembling documents!
• UNRAVEL the mystery with friendly experts like forensic investigators and hackers!
• INTERROGATE suspicious characters in beautiful hand-drawn cutscenes!
• SOLVE murders, thefts, and other crimes to bring criminals to justice!
• HONE your detective skills in a variety of game modes!
• CHALLENGE other players in Limited Time Challenges!
• ADOPT a canine companion who'll sniff out bonuses! Good dog!
• COMPETE against your Facebook friends with leaderboards!
Can you solve the city’s toughest crimes? Find out by playing the best hidden object game for iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch!
Enjoy all the twists and turns of Hidden Objects: Mystery Crimes!
Please note that Hidden Objects: Mystery Crimes is free to play, but you can purchase in-app items with real money. To delete this feature, on your device go to Settings Menu -> General -> Restrictions option. You can then simply turn off In-App Purchases under "Allowed Content". In addition, Hidden Objects: Mystery Crimes may link to social media services, such as Facebook, and Storm8 will have access to your information through such services.
- Bug fixes
- Performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Honestly, I've watched my fair share of detective shows, and this is nothing like that. Sure, you can go to crime scenes and such, but who wants to look for things you don't really need? We should be dusting for fingerprints and doing blood samples, not waiting for 'Detective David' to do all the forensics for me. What if I like doing the forensics? And to add, what is the deal with the stars and lightning bolts and gems? What are they meant for other than to make you really annoyed that you can't investigate a crime scene without getting stars or gems from another crime scene that your not allowed to go back to? It's confusing and annoying, and you really don't get the true detective. Who puts someone under arrest for murder without a confession? To top it all off, this is not a true detective game. It might have four and a half stars, but I really don't like it. I'm sorry I have to be this way, but forensics is kind of my thing. I know what real detectives do, and this is not it.
This was a disappointment. You might have a blast at it, but I personally (and yes I'll be honest) do not have the patience to wait for my forensics report to come back. I WANT to do the forensics myself. It was just be more engaging.
Long waits, but good seek and find
I was looking for a good find the object game and this definitely is good at that. Not a detective game really other than it being the theme or plot behind going to different places.
I like that as you earn more stars on a level, additional objects are added to the scene. Some scenes are pretty dark and there's a good chance that you'll never find an object if you keep your screen dimmed. I've made a habit of turning my brightness up while I play. I think that the refresh rate on energy vs the cost per round is too slow. Other gripe is that sometimes there's a lag after tapping an object so I think my tap wasn't registered so I tap again only to get penalized for not clicking a valid object. Hint: it's better to take a little longer to find things than it is to tap a wrong spot.
Other tips that maybe I missed in the tutorial, but you can stretch zoom in on scenes and if you tap and hold the name of the object you're looking for, it'll give you the outline and eventually show you the whole colored object image.
Love, but quick sessions not enough energy
Please read at least last sentence!
You won't live out your dream of becoming a crime fighter or detective. Yes you look for clues, but the game basically rules you out! It takes days/weeks to get stars which take you to other clues (pictures they give you to find) and its more of a fantasy type genre. You at least have to score over a million points for each session to reach 6-7 million for complete star, when you run out of energy you can buy more (roll eyes) or wait sometimes for days and days. Once you do finish a game, you can wait up to 4 days to let them let you start a new one, however it is fun and you do get hooked!
I decided to just spend 30 bucks on the game and still still couldn't get a star, getting very frustrated to say the least. I know there are other fun games that don't take this much time, energy, or money. Basically the game ends in less than 2 min & then u wait for more energy to spend another 2 min!
- Storm8 Studios LLC
- 126 MB
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014 TeamLava LLC
- In-App Purchases
- 110 Gems $4.99
- 40 Gems $1.99
- 230 Gems $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.