High Roller Farkle
By Silver Pine Software
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Over 4.5 MILLION games of High Roller Farkle have been played! This is simply the best, most configurable Farkle game on the App Store. Find out for yourself why gamers love this game!
Now play your friends anywhere, anytime with full Game Center internet play!!!
High Roller Farkle is a fun and exciting dice game for up to four players. Beautiful graphics and elegant game play make this a must have game for your iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad.
Using six dice, each player takes a turn rolling the dice and must set aside at least one scoring die (1's, 5's, triples, 3 pairs, or a run of 6.) The player's turn continues with the remaining dice, as long as there is a scoring number or combination.
The player's turn ends when they decide to stop and score their accumulated points or until they have a scoreless throw (they Farkle). When all six dice are scored in a turn, the player can roll them all again and continue to accumulate points. Scoring combinations (triples, 3 pairs, or a run of 6.) only count when made with a single throw of all six dice.
The first player to score a total of 10,000 or above wins the game! (As long as players with a turn left, don't exceed your score.)
If you like games like Yahtzee(tm) Craps, or any other dice game with a blend of skill and luck, then Ten Thousand (aka Dice, 5000, Farkle, Farkel, Deluxe Farkel, Zonk, Zilch, Wimp Out, Hot Dice, Buzzball, Oh Crap, Greed, Squelch) is the game for you!
- Full Game Center integration for internet play
- iPad Support
- Retina display graphics
- In Game help
- Bigger, customizable dice
- More Scoring Options (Small Straight, Farkle Penalty, Three Pairs)
- Fast Gameplay (Option to auto select all scorable dice)
- Online Leaderboards in over a dozen statistical categories!
- Integrated Html Help
- Four player game play (Any combination of human or computer)
- Fun parlor style graphics and sound effects
- Lots of game statistics to track how you're doing and to record high scores
- Variable AI and game speed
- Turn rolling animations on and off
- Shake to roll dice (optional)
- Show scoring hints (optional)
A huge number of game options and variations – make it your game!
- Minimum start scores of 0, 500, 750 and 1,000
- Play to 3,000, 5,000, 7,500, 10,000
- Play first to the target or let everyone have one last roll
- Change scoring rules to the way you're used to them
If you have questions, comments, suggestions about Ten Thousand, please visit our forums at
What's New in Version 2.7
10,000 is now High Roller Farkle!
If you've been waiting for the internet game play fixes, this is the version for you!!! Challenge your friends via Game Center to become the most notorious High Roller on the block!
Two problems away from great
1) The AI only seems to have one strategy - as the aggression increases, the more likely the computer player is to roll again. But compared to other single-player implementations of Farkle, there is no subtlety or finesse. It's "grab all the ones and fives!"
2) I have been unable to find a single online opponent through game center :(
I'd be fine with (1) if (2) wasn't also a problem.
It's a shame, because this is the most configurable app I've seen in the app store. The UI - while unusual - gets out of your way really quickly. And I find myself playing it over other apps despite the AI issues.
There are some minor quibbles, such as tying the volume to the main iPhone volume instead of maintaining an in-game level, and the fact that turns end so quickly you can't tell what your last roll was (except that you know you Farkled).
But if you want a clean, easy to use single-player Farkle game with a lot of configurability, and you don't mind the fact you'll probably only play your friends online, with this app you'll get everything above, plus an incredibly fast resume, even from a cold start.
Fun game but frustrating
Ok - so I like playing against the game - that way I don't have to finish the game right away - I play while I'm waiting in lines etc. I get that it's supposed to be random, but I never get great rolls like the computer does. It always scores 1200, 2000, first roll of the game. I'm always in a deficit before I start to score. It's just a little frustrating because I don't think real dice would always be so good or so bad. Who knows, though, maybe I really am that unlucky. Nah! The game just hates to lose.
It can be better
One of the greatest things about this game are statistics.
However, it really needs a better/professional design with a better user interface. It's ugly.
I would buy additional dices but they are very simple, like those Windows 3.1 bitmaps.
And regarding online multiplayer please consider to add turn based mode because it's a lot easier to keep playing this game with friends when we don't have to start and finish a game in a single moment.
With a professional design and a turn based (online) feature this game would be 5/5 for sure.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 20, 2012
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Silver Pine Software, LLC
- Copyright © 2009 Three Jacks Software. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Skull Dice$0.99
- Fire Dice!$0.99
- Heart Dice$0.99
- Ink Blot Dice$0.99
- Baseball Dice$0.99
- Viking Dice$0.99
- Crest Dice$0.99
- Bling Dice$0.99