*** From the Makers of Varsity Learning Tools - Best Education App - 2016 Appy Awards ***
For high school students, biology may not be a completely new subject. However, high school students may, for the first time, learn in-depth about microbiology, as well as tissue and organ systems. The free Varsity Tutors High School Biology app for iPhone and iPad prepares students to successfully take tests on central biology concepts using flashcards and diagnostic/practice exams.
Students can choose to focus on specific biological areas like cell division or DNA, or they can test on all of them. The Varsity Tutors High School Biology app for iPhone and iPad covers a wide range of principles, including:
- Cell division, such as the stages of cell division, the cell cycle, and cell cycle regulation
- Cell functions, such as cell respiration, photosynthesis, and proteins
- Cell structures, such as common cell structures in both plant and prokaryotic cells
- A look at the replication processes, structures, and functions of RNA, DNA, and proteins
- Ecology, such as chemical cycles, the food pyramid, and understanding energy flow
- Genetic and evolutionary principals, such as natural selection, speciation, gene coding, and inheritance patterns
- Macromolecules, homeostasis, and tissues, organs, and organ systems
Take practice and diagnostic exams to assess your knowledge, or study using the app’s pre-made flashcards covering all of the above-mentioned concepts.
Prepare for upcoming unit tests or finals using the adaptive and easy-to-use Varsity Tutors High School Biology app for iPhone and iPad.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great for HS sophomores
I'm currently studying for my biology keystone and final exam and this app is great. It covers all of the material I learned this semester and organizes it pretty well. It does have some question that weren't covered in my school's curriculum but that's not a big deal. Overall, I find it really helpful because when you get a question wrong, it explains why you're wrong. I'm pretty sure it also tells which answers you're confusing with questions and makes it harder so that when you know it's between two answers, they use both of those answers as an option so you really learn it. They also word questions that you get wrong differently so that you don't just memorize the answers to the questions. Great app! :)
Great great great source
First time writing a review and i chose to write one for this app because it truly is wonderful. It's a great resource for the AP Biology test, SAT Biology subject test, or just for a biology class. Highly recommend it. One of the best educational apps out there! Thank you Varsity Tutors!
From what I've seen so far it's totally awesome! They don't ask for money or have a bunch of adds. There are tests and flash cards. Definitely the best learning app I have seen so fare!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.