Highball is for collecting and sharing cocktail recipes. Choose the ingredients, description, and custom drink image for each recipe. Share as a beautiful "drink recipe card" on your favorite social network. When you save and import a drink recipe card image, it becomes fully editable.
Fixed bug that affects recipe sharing.
Ratings and Reviews
Best looking cocktail app but very limited
This is the best looking cocktail app in the store. I love that it is focused on storing your own recipes rather than being a big database of existing recipes. It’s clearly focused on the enthusiast with their own recipe collection rather than the person who wants to make a drink here or there.
With that said, I wish they would put a little more time into development and add a few features that could greatly improve the app. Ability to sort and categorize your recipes would be huge. Currently the best you can do is by color of the cards or where you place them in order. Another is backup. There needs to be a way to back up to the cloud. As is, what’s the point of manually typing up all of your recipes only to have them tied to one device? Phone breaks, so does your recipe collection. And exporting each recipe card, one by one isn’t a realistic workaround for a large library.
As it currently stands, this is more of a novelty way to make pretty recipe cards than an actual useful tool. Dear Studio Neat, several reviews have mentioned a pay model. Seriously... charge us for the app. Even just add cloud backup and an iPad version and I’ll gladly shell out a few $$.
Great app but could be better with a few small changes!
First of all I want to thank studio neat for making such a great app but is it possible to update it to have a few more garnishes and glasses and types of ingredients? Also to back it up. I’m surprised there isn’t a sugared rim garnish and a few other things. Like globes for the glass ware. They’re becoming more popular. And now i might be getting nit picky but a visual measurement next to the ingredients would be amazing. I remember things a lot better through images than words. That being said I love that you can pick the color and the glass. I would love to see these updates so much so that I’ll even toss y’all a couple of dollars for the development. I know plenty of people that would pay for this app if it just had a little more variety and usability. If it’s not in your wheelhouse to update this I’m still grateful. Thank you 🙏🏽
I love this app BUT…
This really is one of the best cocktail recipe apps, bar none. Clean and attractive design goes a long way and this one really has a great uncomplicated look. However, it really, really needs a few details taken care of to address some annoying aspects of using it.
1. Some sort of categorization scheme- alphabetically, base spirit, arbitrary folders/groups, whatever. Right now you can’t even organize without a lot of tedious dragging one recipe at a time.
2. Backup backup backup. iCloud would be great but anything would be better than losing all of your carefully curated recipes when your phone dies.
3. Better import/export. After the 10th time having to type everything in by hand, I’ve given up and sort of stopped adding new recipes. There’s not even autocomplete so it’s just a slog adding more than one recipe at a time. The export/sharing is okay, but again, the one-at-a-time business is clunky.
4. The graphics are great! I just wish there were more options for garnishes, or egg white foam for sours, or vegetables, or weirdo Tiki drinks. Let’s have some fun. 🙂
I don’t want this to come off as too negative- I love this app and I’m gonna keep using it because it’s really well-designed. It just needs a little TLC. As other reviews have mentioned, I’d gladly pay a couple bucks for a refreshed version. (Please don’t go the subscription route, though…)
- Studio Neat LLC
- 57.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 Studio Neat
- In-App Purchases
- Generous Tip $0.99
- Benevolent Tip $1.99
- Bounteous Tip $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.